anyone with implants? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:33 PM
ninjachick should change his/her status!

Default anyone with implants?

Hello everyone! I'm so excited, I am getting implants on April 24th. But I'm so afraid of atrohy. I have been lifting heavy,serious, and constisant for about 4 yrs now and am finally happy with my gains. But I know that i am not going to be able to lift for some time after the surgery. I am afraid of muscle srinkage and lose of strength. As woman its takes us alot longer to build,and get our gains. I know muscles have memory, but i cant help but worry. I worked so hard. How do the professtional competers get implants,take time off w/o losing muscle and strength?
Old 04-01-2003, 06:49 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: anyone with implants?

I think it's something you just have to deal with (not lifting for a few weeks or a month). I'm sure once you're able to start lifting again, you'll be fine. You shouldn't lose too much muscle if you stick to a good clean diet.

Good luck with your surgery though! Hopefully everything will go well!
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 04-01-2003, 07:58 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Post deleted by flats31

Old 04-01-2003, 08:13 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
Showdown said:
Read this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

you read my mind showdown...
Old 04-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Bec should change his/her status!

Okay, I read the thread as I want to eventually be able to get the same procedure that Brandy got. Does anyone know how she is doing?
Bec
Old 04-02-2003, 10:19 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I don't have implants, but did have a mastopexy (lift) done a year and a half ago. Since I knew I would have to take some time off after surgery, I really upped the intensity of my training for 4-6 weeks prior to surgery and particularly focused on pushing my pecs to the limit. I had a trainer at that time so I was able to do a lot of work to absolute failure and then use forced/negative reps and the like. By the time of the actual surgery my body was absolutely DEMANDING a break! I was actually back to cardio within a week after surgery and lifting after about 2 weeks. I did keep it very light on chest day for a month or two post-op, but resumed my normal intensity for other body parts.

In retrospect, I did not lose any strength or mass during my 2 weeks off, and I actually felt very strong and refreshed after the "rest". I believe it takes a little longer after implant surgery since muscle is usually cut as well as skin (my incisions were all superficial) but I think this strategy would still be a good one.

Good luck and congratulations on being committed to taking care of your total self! I got a lot of comments from people at work that indicated they thought I was having a pre midlife crisis ( I also got my belly button pierced a few months prior to surgery), but I knew I had to do it for me. Even though no one but me and DH sees the results of my surgery, the difference in my self esteem and body image is amazing! Let us know how it turns out!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Leanne should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I lurk on this board everyday, but felt compelled to reply to this post. I have implants. I got them almost a year ago, 4/19 they will be 1 year old! I lift faithfully and intensely. Before I had them done I had the same concerns. I was up to a personal best bench press of 120 going into it. Long story short, I hemmed and hawed around and didn't get back into lifting from April until January. I still went to the gym probably once a week from April to January and walked faithfully every day. I had a real mental block that I was going to hurt myself. Seemed like everything I tried affected them!! But, once I got past the mental block, within one month - I kid you not - I was right back to where I was before. That was January. I've set my bench goal to get to 130 by the end of this month. Might not make it, but I might! Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info on the whole experience. Was it worth it?? ABSOLUTELY 100%. Best money I've spent on me besides laser eye surgery. I could lift till the cows come home, eat clean every single day, do my cardio - nothing was going to give me nice boobs. Nothing except $4000! Good Luck!!
http://members.fortunecity.com/bscdt.../Monica023.jpg
Old 04-02-2003, 02:19 PM
ninjachick should change his/her status!

Default Re: anyone with implants?ATTN: Leanne

Hi! So happy to hear your getting it back, you will reach your goal.
So after all those months off from lifting it only took one month to come back, huh? Wow, thats really encouraging for me to hear. I thought that i would have to start from the very bottom again. But during those months off, did you notice you lost size and definition? Also, did you go over or under the muscle?
Thanks for help
Nicole
Old 04-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Leanne should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Yes, honestly, it took me one month of being serious and faithful 3x/wk to get back to where I was. Like I said, I dabbled, doing maybe one body part per week during my "off" months. I did lose some definition or "tone" as I might call it. I wasn't ripped to begin with, about 20% body fat, but I did lose some tightness as I call it. Keeping up with the walking really helped though. I went under the muscle. My best friend (and training partner) just had hers done in Sept and went over the muscle and was back to her best benches of 125 in probably 2 months. I do believe I could have come back sooner than I did, I was just thankful I hadn't lost all my strength. Oh, and I should tell you - after I hit it hard in January and continue to - I am making more gains now than ever before. My arms are really sculpting out nicely. I attribute it to the time off.
http://members.fortunecity.com/bscdt.../Monica023.jpg
Old 04-02-2003, 04:52 PM
learningtofish should change his/her status!
Lightweight

what is a mastopexy?
Closed Thread