Sad but true- the key to not cheating... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 11:51 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Sad but true- the key to not cheating...

... is not to START cheating. I have been really cleaning up my diet the past few weeks and have virtually purged it of all refined sugars. It has been hard- people keep bringing chocs and stuff into the office and my boyfriend is going through a "cake and ice-cream" phase. But the only way I have found to stick to my diet all day is to NEVER give in- because "just one" chocolate is never enough(beacuse of the insulin spike and crash, I'm assuming).
I'm sure this explains why my "just one" cheats turn into whole day binges (or whole weekend binges...oops [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

It's so hard for me, and with Easter coming up it's about to get harder. I think I may have to have a little cheat for a nice 70% cocoa easter egg! But eating clean really does seem to be a virtuous circle in my experience- once you eat healthily you start to really crave healthy food and not crap.

anyway, just a bit of a ramble really but I hope it gives encouragement to someone.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Sad but true- the key to not cheating...

I can relate! Just one little white flour carb sets off the bing cycle in me as well!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:33 PM
PhysiqueMystique should change his/her status!
Rookie

You are spot on!! I can't have any at all or I want the lot!

Today I had 5 peanut butter M&Ms (brought over from the US because I've never tasted them before!) and now I want to eat the rest of the pack and 10 more!!

It is just not on. I can't have any.....I wish I was one of those people that can have a little bit and stop!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:38 PM
NC should change his/her status!

I LOVE TWIX....but haven't eaten any of that stuff in a WHILE. I will admit this past weekend I ate a thin crust pizza from Pizza hut......hehehe, i just had ot have it. The only consequence was.....i got some serious pimples after that...arrghhh ! SO i learnt my lesson.
I'm back to my daily dose of protein etc etc. You're not alone Gymkitten......we all have our binge days !
Take care......
Old 04-01-2003, 06:52 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I know EXACTLY what you mean! It gets easier after a while to resist eating more though, at least for me it's gotten a LITTLE easier. It takes a long time. Anytime I bake something, I have to be really careful. I'll eat only one or two and then end up trying to get rid of it all by feeding it to my dad or brother, or having to throw it away so I don't give in!
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 04-01-2003, 07:00 PM
asaia23 should change his/her status!

I think everyone needs to cheat, but I'll tell you what I made this weekend everyone. I made sugar free butterscotch pudding mixed with sugar free chocolate pudding. I put fresh cut strawberries on there with low-fat cool-hip. Not much coolwhip either. Just a little. My boyfriend and I loved it and there are not too many calories as well. Also, if you're going to cheat try to do it early as possible and not when you're going to bed. K?
Old 04-02-2003, 03:41 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Sugar craves sugar..... Vicious cycle. Even the thought or smell of something sweet can give you terrible cravings.

It's true that it's easier to control if one doesn't give in BUT the problem is (for me anyway) that the craving becomes sort of glued to the brain so you keep having the cravings during the whole day...

Hmmm nope no real fun there...... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 04-02-2003, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GymKitten said:
... is not to START cheating. ...

It's so hard for me, and with Easter coming up it's about to get harder. I think I may have to have a little cheat for a nice 70% cocoa easter egg!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to have my cadbury creme egg, I'll just save it for post workout! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That's what I try to do anyway, if I'm gonna have a sweet cheat, I have it after an intense workout, hehe.

So see, Adam, if you're reading, I HAVE had pure sugar after my workouts before, LOL. I just didn't make it a habit.

[ QUOTE ]
Philia2 said:
...It's true that it's easier to control if one doesn't give in BUT the problem is (for me anyway) that the craving becomes sort of glued to the brain so you keep having the cravings during the whole day...

Hmmm nope no real fun there...... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no kidding! That happens to me sometimes too! Glued to your brain is a good way to put it!
Old 04-02-2003, 09:41 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I read in another thread somewhere that one of the supplements helps with sugar cravings. I can't remember if it was L-arginine or CLA. Does anyone know about this, and if it really truly helps? I was reading in a hurry and meant to go back later to check it out, but then I couldn't remember what thread it was in.

I can pass ANYTHING up until about 4 PM, and then I turn into a sugar seeking missile! I have to plan my day to make sure I'm busy or with other people from that time until dinner, or I'm done. After dinner, though, the cravings disappear!
Old 04-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Sure. Tell that to the bag of Doritos I ate for breakfast this morning. **** that PMS!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Closed Thread