Do you get "If I don't eat right NOW I'm going to kill someone" - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 11:56 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Do you get \"If I don\'t eat right NOW I\'m going to kill someone\"

I'm pretty sensitive to sugar and blood-sugar fluctuations but now it's getting to the point where if I don't eat when I should, I literally can't function. I don't just get a growly stomach or feel peckish, I get headachey, jittery, feel really out of it, and in the worst case scenarios (eg just come home from the gym in the evening) that I can hardly even talk to my boyfriend until I've got some food in (or at least started to cook so I know it's only a few minutes away).
Does anyone else ever get like this?
I've managed to balance out alot of the swings by eating really clean and getting virtually all the refined sugar out of my diet. I try and eat low GI things to keep me going (like beans, oatmeal, tuna, sweet potatoes, green veg etc) but I seem to "go over" so easily.
Any advice?
Old 03-31-2003, 12:27 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Do you get

Yep, I'm the same way. I call those my hypoglycemic attacks as I am borderline hypoglycemic! I get those same jittery, spacey feelings that you describe, and even feel like I might pass out or, at the very least, that I should sit/lie down! I just try to make sure I eat regularly, and I carry something with me at all times just in case.

My "just in case" food is usually to cover me if I'm not able to eat 'real' food, so it will be something that will quickly raise my blood sugar long enough for the feeling to pass and for me to get to some real food. It's stuff that's easily tote-able like apples or granola bars. Laughing Cow makes a swiss cheese that does not need refrigeration, so that along with a baggie full of crackers is easily carried with me (or in my car - unless it's hot outside!). Not always the best bodybuilding foods, but not too hideous either. And it does get me over the hump when I get in a bind.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-31-2003, 12:51 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Those are the times when things like protein bars and MRP's come in handy. Since I can't bring myself to include Detour bars as a "clean" food in my regular diet, this would be one opportunity where I would allow myself to have it- the sugars in it would get me over the hump and the protein would be relatively good for me.

Personally I can never stop at just half of anything, but if you can do that you could eat a half of one on your way home from the gym knowing that you're going to be preparing a clean meal to eat soon after [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 03-31-2003, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Do you get \"If I don\'t eat right NOW I\'m going to kill someone\"

Yep.

I used to get the hypoglycemia too but since I've been eating every 3 hours and cut out the sugars I haven't had any episodes. But I STILL will get VERY grouchy and irritable if I don't get to eat by the 3 hour point and I generally do not feel very well when I don't.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:00 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Do you get \"If I don\'t eat right NOW I\'m going to kill someone\"

Yes, me too. In fact everyone knows this about me now at work and will laugh about it when they see me not focusing on them, but instead feverishly preparing my next meal..I also am borderline hypo-glycemic, and find that by keeping either the *bad* bars or even a shake ready to go, I manage to stave off the sugar drop.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:22 PM
Source 101 should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I go postal if I miss a meal.
"Bad Mood" is an understatement if I don't get some food in me for an extended period of time.
I'm usually a really nice guy but I seriously get pissed when I miss a meal. But it's all good as soon as I get some food in me.

Old 03-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Source and others, is this because you know you need the meal and you want it in order to reach your goals, or is it also a matter of hunger?
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 03-31-2003, 10:27 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

HUNGER!!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Source 101 should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
tuf said:
Source and others, is this because you know you need the meal and you want it in order to reach your goals, or is it also a matter of hunger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2003, 11:06 PM

Default Post deleted by flats31

Closed Thread