Newbie Training for Comp - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 06:18 AM
kiwi girl 1 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Newbie Training for Comp

Hi there

I am a newbie signing up from New Zealand. In fact this is the first forum I have ever joined.

I am in the early stages of training for my first BB competition. A goal I have set. It takes place this Nov just before I turn the ripe old age of 40.

Last year I cleaned up my diet (cut back on my muffin a day habit - sigh !) and have reduced my bf from 30% to 23% so far. Once I get it down to 19%, I know I can get it down further to compete. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

My weight hasn't shifted much but my body is starting to get quite defined.

I am about 5ft 4.5 inches, and weigh 137 pounds.

And I enlisted a PT and now have a training programme - working out 4-5 days per week, plus cardio in the morning (a 30 min pant around the local roads - not a pretty sight).

It is taking a while, but that is okay.

I was wondering who else had or is thinking of competing, or is that something which doesn't appeal?

For me, I never thought it was something I could do, but now I am kinda excited that maybe I could have the courage to pull this off (once I loose that last bit of "middle age spread" !)
Old 03-29-2003, 01:54 PM
PhysiqueMystique should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Newbie Training for Comp

Good for you! I'm also trying hard to get ready for a comp this year. And I'm an Australian! But please don't hold it against me! My father's a kiwi.

Back to the comp, though, I've found that it is harder than I thought to get into comp condition. I've been dieting hard for the past 12 weeks and managed to shift 4kgs, but the tighs are still wobbly! The rest of me is looking OK. So keep up with the training and see how you go.

At least you have given yourself a good amount of time. But believe me, it will fly!
Old 03-29-2003, 04:58 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

There are 4 other women on here including PhysiqueMystique who regularly compete. Sicily1962 I believe is around the age of 40 and is also very close to your size (don't know where she's been lately), also tiger1, and Philia. So you're certainly not alone in that department! Some of them keep diet &amp; training journals in the Online Journal forum, check it out. And welcome to Abc! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 05:01 PM
kungfu_chick should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Hi kiwi girl, congrats for taking the plunge! Entering a competition will be great motivation to keep on heading for your training and diet goals. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Stick around and you'll learn heaps from this site. And remember, we're all here to help ya! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the support, and good to know that an Aussie is one of the team.

I am going to check back through the site for previous competitors - but PhysiqueMystique - feel free to give advice - I am all ears. When are you competing - soon I take it? How many times have you competed?

I can appreciate that time will fly - infact I am already starting to get nervous !!

I find it really hard to shift the fat - possibly because when I was young I had anorexia, so my body clings on to it. My waist is the worst part.

I do posing practice every Wed - I figured it was best to learn now, instead of when you get to the carb cutting, no energy, *****y stage, and I am thinking of music choices for my routine.

Leg day was today. I save it for Sunday, so i can lie on the couch the rest of the day !

I will keep you in the loop on progress, but thanks once again for your support. I am learning heaps from this site, and it really helps with motivation to share progress with others.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:18 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
kiwi girl 1 said:
I can appreciate that time will fly - infact I am already starting to get nervous !!

I find it really hard to shift the fat - possibly because when I was young I had anorexia, so my body clings on to it. My waist is the worst part.

I do posing practice every Wed - I figured it was best to learn now, instead of when you get to the carb cutting, no energy, *****y stage, and I am thinking of music choices for my routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too early to get nervous!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Save that for later!!

Interesting what you said about the fat sticking on the body because of too low eating for too long....... That's what I've been trying to explain to sooo many girls but I guess it's somehow stronger than us..... We are too afraid to eat too much. Well if wanting to shape the body with beautiful muscular curves then we need to eat a lot more.

It's never too early to start practising on your poses. It's harder than everybody can imagine.

I'm happy having another strong woman in here wanting to compete. We can always help each other and give motivation when it's the hardest. You did a nice choice and you can be proud of yourself. You'll be okey, don't worry and congrats for loosing all that fat already!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 03-31-2003, 05:00 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Thanks Philia2

Great to have the support.

Yes - got over the anorexia 20 odd years ago - don't know why or how - one day I just started eating again !! Infact afterwards I developed a weight problem and ended up having to lose a few stone - i think the metabolism goes a bit crazy after the starving routine.

But that was years ago, and now i am really into fit, healthy and strong bodies.

I have been into the fitday column and started to log my food items - takes a bit of work at first but now I am getting it sussed.

Maybe next weekend, I might be venture into the on-line training journal part of this site and start to log my progress incase people are interested and want to comment.

I was reading Soccer chicks training diary - wow that girl can lift ! Don't think I am quite into that category yet - but have started to get some good muscles.

Great to have you and the others out there - it's like having another set of coaches and support crew.
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 08:29 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
kiwi girl 1 said:
I have been into the fitday column and started to log my food items - takes a bit of work at first but now I am getting it sussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean about fitday. It's a lot of time up front, and it took me a few weeks to really get committed to using it but now I absolutely love it. It really helps keep me on track and motivates me both not to cheat ( so I don't screw up my ratios!) and to eat enough protein. I don't know why. I just get such a kick out of that little pie chart [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]!

Congrats on your success so far and good luck with your goals! Welcome to the ABC family!
Old 03-31-2003, 10:23 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
lifterchick said:
I don't know why. I just get such a kick out of that little pie chart [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Closed Thread