My pics - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 04:25 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: My pics

Yeah, don't kid yourself, those pics you see in magazines of those fitness competitors are when they are in CONTEST shape. And I have a pretty good idea of what their diets have to be like to look like that (having talked to Jen Hendershott in person) and let me tell you it's not something you want to keep doing or that is even HEALTHY to continually do to your body. They don't ALWAYS look like that. So we cannot put those kinds of expectations on ourselves either. They only look like that for their contests. During their offseason, they look more like your normal (albeit in shape) everyday women, they have a much softer look to them. I actually prefer how some of them look OFFSEASON rather than in season. I'm not into the really ripped look on a woman. So anyway, don't kid yourself, it takes a helluva lotta work to even look like an OFFSEASON fitness competitor, cause simply put, as women our bodies were NOT MADE to be that lean. So we are continually fighting against our genetics and hormones to stay in the teens lean! My family doesn't know how I do it, keep the diet that I do, and it's all just so I can stay right around 16% bodyfat!!! All so I can see a six pack when I flex! So definitely don't trivialize your efforts, the efforts it takes for we women to be lean, cause it sure ain't easy!!!! And the older you get, the harder it is!
Old 03-31-2003, 06:11 PM
Bladezz33 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

You look great, very athletic and toned.

I had really high hopes before I got started. I thought it would be easy to get cut (from gaining so much fat for 10 years).

But like Krypto says, I for one am not willing to starve myself (although I was doing that pretty well before I got here if Krypto remembers). I am happy that my body is finally changing and the hard work is finally paying off with the proper macronutrients/diet and exercise [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My original goal was to have a more proportioned body and trim the fat off my arse! I am almost there so any further success is an added "bonus or plus". I am very happy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Do you do HIIT?? Or take CLA or Glutamine, or Aminos when you cut? Also change little things in diet around. Maybe timing during the day/eat at different times than you're used to...miss a meal...shock it again with something different.

I also feel - the competitors out there know who they are, and they will do anything to reach their goal. Just be careful not to get too caught up psychologically to give yourself "bad body image" syndrome.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:16 AM
Nasty should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

wow...
Old 04-01-2003, 03:33 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Bladezz33 said:
years).

I also feel - the competitors out there know who they are, and they will do anything to reach their goal. Just be careful not to get too caught up psychologically to give yourself "bad body image" syndrome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. It's actually quite difficult NOT to get obsessed by your body when every darn thing is about it.......
Your entire life is determinated by diet, training and watching every single little step. Always control, stress and sweat.
No wonder why we sometimes go completely in the other direction!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 04-01-2003, 09:15 AM
PhysiqueMystique should change his/her status!
Rookie

You guys are echoing my thoughts!! It is hard to get cut. I'm hoping to be ready for a comp in 5 weeks, but it really is hard!! But little improvements are coming each and everyday.

You see for me it is really important to look good because right through school my nick name was "big butt Bremner" and I wasn't even fat! I just have a "generous" butt!! So now I want to show them that I can look great!
Old 04-01-2003, 11:39 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

I would sell one of my small childern for your legs!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2003, 12:34 PM
PhysiqueMystique should change his/her status!
Rookie

Oh sweetTvixen - for saying that you are my best friend forever!!!