SWEETS - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 05:17 PM
asaia23 should change his/her status!

Default SWEETS

Alright.. Now I know with all of you out there..someone can give me some good tips for my crazy sweet tooth I have. Please give me good suggestions on curbing this in the evening. Temptation is horrible when it comes to sweets.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:23 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: SWEETS

Plenty of EFA's. I tend to increase my fat intake towards evening as I taper down my carb intake. I think it helps. Also, don't go too long between meals, NO MORE than 3 hours. Going too long without eating I've found makes your cravings for sweets worse. I usually snack on some mixed nuts when I'm getting carb cravings, or I'll sometimes make some green tea and drink that, it helps curb my whole appetite in general.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:50 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Or you could make a sweet potato and sprinkle some splenda on it for extra sweetness.

Or tea like Krypto said.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 03-25-2003, 07:20 PM
DarkLotus should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I have read glutamine helps with cravings. I also find I am less hungry if I eat small meals/snacks every 3-4 hours like Krypto suggests.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Definately don't wait till your "hungry" to eat. Every 2-3 hours or so is ideal for me. Sometimes I end up going 4 hours maybe 5 before I get anything in my system. This ALWAYS leads to disaster! The days I go from work to school and realize that I didn't pack enough food, is when I tend to reach for the wrong things (sugar type foods). There have been days that I get home at 10 pm and then I literally shovel bread in my mouth like I haven't eaten in days! Yikes!! I have learned from previous experiences, that this ONLY happens when I go long periods w/ no food. So eat, eat, eat! Scenario: Let's say you have another meal/snack to eat before you leave work, but you're not hungry at all. You know you have tons of errands to do, and the next chance to get a bite of food is 4-5 hours away, what do you do?

a. Skip the meal and think that you saved yourself some extra calories?

b. Eat your snack anyway?

Answer: Well my dear EAT THE FOOD!! If you don't you honestly are setting yourself up for failure. Unless you are queen of willpower (which most of us aren't). Don't skip meals, this method has proven itself over and over to me. If I skip a meal, watch out... cause by the time I get home, I'm famished and all my rational thoughts have flown out the window! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, a little side note; I like eating sugar free jello, cause it gives me some sweet taste w/ out all the extra calories and sugar! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 10:22 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
Cristy said:

Also, a little side note; I like eating sugar free jello, cause it gives me some sweet taste w/ out all the extra calories and sugar! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! you would not think that sugar-free jello would be sweet tasting but to me it is and sometimes it will help curb my craving. at 10 calories per serving, i can afford it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 04:45 PM
asaia23 should change his/her status!

THANKS EVERYONE!! YOUR ADVISE IS GREAT
Old 03-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Good ol' Sugar Free Jello, how many times have you done the trick? I also tend to put a lil' bit of Sugar Free Pudding in my Whey Shake and it makes it taste very sweet.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:31 AM
NC should change his/her status!

Default YUmmm....sweets

well...like you I have a sweet tooth as well. However I have noticed this....since I am trying to bulk and the only thing on my mind is focusing on adeqaute protein consumtion, I've been gulping down a lot of whey protein shakes. I've noticed that when I have my smaller meals and incoperatte my whey shakes in between, i never have any sudden 'sweet tooth cravings'. I guess cause for one thing, I'm full. The second being, I got my dose of sugar from my whey shake....so my body doesn't tell me to get more because I'm satified with current food consumption.
I also believe a big role palys in self discipline. Take it from me.....i used to eat anything anytime and anywhere. Ever since I've been learning about good nutrition and diet, I've been really teaching my self 'SELF CONTROL'.
It might be hard initially but once you get into that habbit, you'll love yourself. Hope this helped a bit. Good luck with everything.
Closed Thread