To make my fellow cheatrs out there not feel alone... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 11:45 PM
calcounterchick should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default To make my fellow cheatrs out there not feel alone...

Yum, I Think ive mutually decided monday's to be my cheat day, every two weeks. I think it's personally important basically just for sanity reasons, to have a cheat day.

In the morning i did great, i had a cup of oatmeal with cinnamon, then at lunch i had a salad with egg whites, cottage cheese and a hint of italian dressing, then afterschool it was all downhill from there. i ate a twix (both pieces), 2 slices of pizza (extra cheese), and about 10 bowls of cinnamon toast crunch cereal, with milk (which i usually dont have). At first i felt guilty, but now im actually happier and am excited to get back on track with the healthy foods tomorrow. At least it makes you work extra hard at the gym when you cheat anyway. I think im sick of all that sugar today, yuck.

So basically i just thought i would share my cheat day with all of you so if you ever cheat you know your not alone, and somewhere in the world theres somebody else munching down on junk at the same time. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger-
Old 03-25-2003, 12:27 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: To make my fellow cheatrs out there not feel alone...

I think it is a good thing, I really do, at least in the long run, and after all, we're all in it for the long haul anyway. It's just one of those things you just have to get out of your system every once in a while, and once you've eaten all that sugar, like you said, you can't wait to get back to hitting the gym hard and eating right again. That sugar rush helps, it's like you feel good, not from the sugar, but cause by eating so much sugar, you get to experience how it makes you feel (crappy) and that effectively gets it OUT of your system, I think anyway. It works for me! And I just did the same thing a few days ago! Just check my fitday journal! It would be the day I started cheating on the second meal. After that, I went to work and cheated up a storm so by that time, I was like, ah screw it, why even bother putting it in fitday, I know I cheated, heh. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

It all started after a grocery run. There were just too many teenager type goodies in the house and I just said, "ah, screw it, CHEAT DAY!!!!!!" So I started by having some Jalapeno pretzel pieces, then onto a big bowl of ice cream. Then, later that night, I had to go to work and we got so swamped that I didn't get a chance to eat at my normal meal time. And the snack bar was so swamped that I couldn't even get them to cook me anything, so by that time, (hours PAST my mealtime), I was so doggone hungry, that I raided the snack machine! I ate a bag of bugles, two bags of nutter butter bite size cookies, and THEN, I ate 3 MORE BIG choc chip cookies from the snack bar!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Talk about a major SUGAR RUSH!!! Bet you all didn't think I did stuff like that, eh? Well, now you know, from time to time I WILL go balistic!

Oh, and sort of off topic but speaking of good tasting things, have any of you tried putting peanut butter in your sweet potatoes? OMG, it's delicious!! I peel a sweet potato, slice it up, throw it in a bowl, microwave for 2-3 min (depending on the amount), mash it all up, then add cinnamon, sugar free syrup, and 2 tbsp of natty peanut butter, stir well! YUM!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Yep, I'm becoming a peanut butter freak, I put the stuff in everything, lol.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:33 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I just had two cheat days in a row. Both days started out good, but as soon as dinner hit, I was gone. I decided last night could of been prevented had I just of gone for the apple I had been craving for two weeks first, instead of last.

But oh well.

Diet goes on.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 03-25-2003, 03:29 AM
kungfu_chick should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
*********** said:
Oh, and sort of off topic but speaking of good tasting things, have any of you tried putting peanut butter in your sweet potatoes? OMG, it's delicious!! I peel a sweet potato, slice it up, throw it in a bowl, microwave for 2-3 min (depending on the amount), mash it all up, then add cinnamon, sugar free syrup, and 2 tbsp of natty peanut butter, stir well! YUM!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Yep, I'm becoming a peanut butter freak, I put the stuff in everything, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] LOL, I have done this!!! Well, not on purpose! I can't remember how I ended up having such a strange concoction as natty PB with sweet potato, but I sure remember the taste! It was sort of like sliced sweet potato with a kind of satay gravy.

Regarding cheat days, I usually start off pretty good, but if something sets me off (like not being able to eat at my scheduled time and getting really hungry), it all goes downhill from there. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 03:36 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

[ QUOTE ]
kungfu_chick said:
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] LOL, I have done this!!! Well, not on purpose! I can't remember how I ended up having such a strange concoction as natty PB with sweet potato, but I sure remember the taste! It was sort of like sliced sweet potato with a kind of satay gravy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding cheat days, I usually start off pretty good, but if something sets me off (like not being able to eat at my scheduled time and getting really hungry), it all goes downhill from there. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's usually what does it for me too. That's EXACTLY what happened to me at work the other day. This proves why pre-planning is such a necessity. But sometimes things are just out of your control. We were so swamped at work that I literally did not have time to eat! And oh, that's the worst! If I'm past my meal time for several hours, LOOKOUT, cause if I'm gonna cave, it's gonna happen then and it's gonna happen BIG! My cravings for carbohydrates are INSANE if I've gone too long without eating!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:37 AM
asaia23 should change his/her status!

Can I just say that all of you just made my DAY. I cheated today and was getting ready to write in here. I have a thing with sweets and I had like 8 cookies today and two biscuits for dinner.. AHHHHH... I'm back to the grindstone tomorrow evening. Thx girls I dn't feel so darn bad now about myself. I guess we all do it.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:58 AM
Source 101 should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
*********** said:
Yep, I'm becoming a peanut butter freak, I put the stuff in everything, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hear ya [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 09:20 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
*********** said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I thought I was the only one who did this! I don't even bother to peel the darn things, just nuke 'em and take the skins off afterwards. I put salt, splenda AND natty PB on them. I LOVE the sweet/salty thing. I also put PB in my oatmeal, and in my cottage cheese.... The looks I get at work are priceless [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!
Old 03-25-2003, 09:41 AM
PhysiqueMystique should change his/her status!
Rookie

Yum. All this talk of PB is making me hungry - and I'm supposed to be dieting for a comp in less than 2 weeks!

I often find that the only time I cheat is when I really am hungry and haven't actually eaten enough for the day. That is when I need to re evaluate my diet and increase the cals.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:53 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

good post...

i won't even tell you ladies about the girls scout cookies i ate this past weekend! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] lets just say i'm glad i fininshed them off so they aren't around to tempt me anymore [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread