So humiliated- raced and came last - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 11:43 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default So humiliated- raced and came last

So I know I'm not the fastest runner in the world, and in most of the races I do I am in the bottom 10%, but we had a road relay last saturday (3.5 miles per leg, I was the first leg) and I came last by over a minute. I felt so embarrassed, and also really bad because then it meantthat my team was also last overall (although we were all fairly slow runners on the team). I kind of hate these race meetings as well, beacuse everyone there has a real runner's build and I always feel like the fattest bird on the planet. I just like the running- only I'm rubbish at it!
Ah well, just wanted to whinge really. It's hard being a really competitive perfectionist like me and then deliberately choosing to compete in something I'm rubbish at (running) [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .
Old 03-24-2003, 12:23 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: So humiliated- raced and came last

I love to run- absolutely love it! But I'm slow as molasses in winter (always wanted to use that [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) so I have never even entertained the thought of running competitively, even for charity! I think just the fact that you showed up to race is admirable, I'd never have done it! Who cares what your time is anyway? What was your HR? You probably got in a great cardio session!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:26 PM

HR was over 90% the whole way- so I physically couldn't have done it any faster. So it was 29 minutes of insane cardio, plus warming up and cooling down afterwards, to look on the bright side.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:30 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

There ya go [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]!!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:32 PM
MaxC should change his/her status!
Middleweight

3.5 miles in 29 minutes is an 8:17 pace per mile. That's not bad! In a typical race around here that will put you in the top 50% for women. It must have been a serious event. If you love to run and compete, just do more of it and you will get better.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:41 PM

Yeah it was a solely athletics club event, so everyone there was a club runner.
Ach well. Focus on the good things. And I hadn't realised I was doing that pace! Wow, that's quite fast for me, so it was definitely a fast field.
Anyway, I consoled myself anyhow by eating far far too much natty PB all weekend on the grounds that it's good for me! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2003, 05:26 PM
realjones should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

It doesn't matter to anyone that you came in last. Just the fact that you were out there running puts you ahead of the vast majority of people, and is all that matters to the people in the club. Hell i'd say 70% of America can't even run ONE mile, let alone an 8:20 mile, or 3 in a row!!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:19 PM
MissMargaret should change his/her status!
Rookie

There is no where left now for you except improvement. Congrats on finishing....

Remember....."There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Old 03-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Real jones is right, lady! You were ABLE to compete AND do a pretty decent job at it! Don't get yourself down... you are way ahead of a LOT of people!!!

And I am sure that you felt great after!!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Cece said:
Real jones is right, lady! You were ABLE to compete AND do a pretty decent job at it! Don't get yourself down... you are way ahead of a LOT of people!!!

And I am sure that you felt great after!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt! GymKitten, be proud to say you ran a race and finished! Like the others have been saying, not many people can even run a mile! Shoot, there are people that are huffing and puffing trying to walk it! Take pride in your accomplishments girl! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]