Doubly Motivated...Grrrrrrr... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 04:38 PM
enderwigginout should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Doubly Motivated...Grrrrrrr...

Wow, I know what you guys mean now about trying to inform others.

I live in international dorm-like housing (with forty+ ppl), and four or five days ago I put up a notice in the commons asking for a training partner. No one wanted to, and I found another friend that wanted to train anyway. But, everyone keeps asking me why I'm making my own food and they bug me about why I'm doing it. When I tell them I'm starting to lift weights, they look at me like I'm a freak. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] And if I hear crap from this Chinese guy one more time about I'm trying to be a man and girls shouldn't do anything like that I'm gonna go crazy. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Well, there were a few of the girls in the commons last night discussing loosing weight. Some of the stuff they were saying was obviously wrong. I've been through a ton of that kind of crap and it DOES NOT WORK. So, I naively tried to correct them. I told them to start lifting and hold back on cardio, fix your own meals instead of the crap we make at the house. I started to go into detail on why (and granted I'm quite a newbie but I have picked up the basic principles) and why it should work. This one German chick just looked at me with her jaw dropped [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] (I couldn't tell if she was upset that I'd ruined her own plan or cuz she thought I was a freakin' looney that didn't know what I was talking about). So she and her friend left to go to sleep, and the other girl tells her right as they go out the door, "oh it's all right. We'll go run tomorrow."

Umm...okay. Whatever. Just wasted fifteen-twenty minutes of my life I'll never get back. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Then this Brit was also there and said "Oh it's okay, you just sounded really scientific." WTF? I told her, well I've done a lot of research on this. Then I told her 'bout lifting when I was in high school and how I never got anywhere most probably because my diet was all wrong (lots of carbs, very low fat, very low protein, lots of cardio). She told me she's going to start working out too. Yay! Then she says, "but not weights, their so boring" *grumble* I tried to explain why its important (didn't I just explain this?..DUH) how cool it is to do the work and improve and see how much you can lift, but she just maintained that they were boring and she was going to diet and do a crap load of cardio. Another fifteen minutes of my life wasted. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

No one listens. I'm talking to the wall. I see what ya'll mean now, first hand.

I'm doubly motivated to do this right and hopefully in three months I'll look noticebly different. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] You think I will (on the 12wk fat loss workout)? Then they'll see that they don't have to go through the crap I have in the past, not getting any results and working so hard. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Doubly Motivated...Grrrrrrr...

The proof is in the pudding!

While they're starving and running around, you're going to see results. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck!!
Old 02-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Heavyweight

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] What a *****! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

That German chick came up to me while I was scooping out some peanut butter for dinner and copped a major *****y attitude. "You're eating peanut butter? Isn't that really fattening? Blah blah blah..." I told her nicely that it has some fat in it, but it also has a lot of protein and everyone needs some fat in there diet anyway.

Then she said some more ****, being totally sarcastic and *****y. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Grrrrrr...whatever.

Then I went into the TV room to eat and the British chick was like, "oohhh I want to see what you are eating...celery?, pb?, toast?"

*Ender rolls her eyes* I HATE it when people watch me eat and I felt like I was in a zoo. It was even worse cuz my planned dinner was screwed up because my chicken hadn't defrosted (some ****** had the fridge turned up as cold as it would go) so I had to just figure something out.

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Grrrrrrrrrr...I gotta move out of this **** hole.

Bah...I hope you're right Serendpity...
Old 02-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

OMG!! Do I ever know what you are talking about! I have the same problem, except it is at work. I work in a mainly female environment (hairstylist) and my co-workers are nothing but jealous *****s. Everything I eat goes under scrutiny. I am watched like a hawk. Questioned all the time. If I have to answer why I don't eat the 'yellow' part of the egg one more time I think my head just may explode! They don't care to hear why, and they think I'm freakish for eating 5-6 times a day as well.
They have revelled in my pain, since I have sustained an injury last week-end ( broken rib). Asking sarcastically if I'll be going to the gym any time soon. Of course they wish me to get 'fat', I tell them the only thing that'll happen to me right now is that I'm gonna shrink!! They FUME!
My advice to you, is to do as I do...walk with pride and flash a big sincere smile and thanks when all sorts of OTHER people boast about how GREAT you are looking!! Deep down the others will burn in their own insecurities, and will either join you or will have to admit defeat! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 01:08 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Don't worry girls, we all know who will get the last laugh right?!!

Just give it time, once you get some major progress, trust me, they'll give you more respect then and they'll be falling at your feet begging you to help them get the same success, promising to listen to you this time. That's usually how it works.

So just use them for motivation and then when you get those awesome results, you can throw it in their faces. It's only a matter of time.

Altho I think if I had to go thru that everyday I'd be pretty close to decking one of them and their *****y attitudes by now.

Just wait, I'm willing to bet you'll get your chance to put them all in their places, ah, sweet revenge, muahahahhaha!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:48 AM
Heavyweight

It just sucks because both these chicks are probably going to leave by mid-May (end of semester).

*grumble grumble grumble*

Ah well. Maybe I'll at least look a bit different by the time they leave and if I don't at least I won't have to put up with either of their comments anymore. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread