Any ladies 40 and over? - Page 6 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Bladezz33 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Any ladies 40 and over?

[ QUOTE ]
I personally know women who are size 5/6 at 150, and size 4 at 140. The scale knows nothing about how much is muscle and how much is fat, and that's what really matters <hr /></blockquote>

This is so true - stay away from the scale it is totally inaccurate!!! I was hooked on it for months - waiting...waiting for the pounds to come off. I noticed it in the way my clothes fit (looser).

Fat takes up alot more room than lean muscle mass - cuz it's fluffier!

Bladezz [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2003, 08:05 PM
odirish should change his/her status!

Thanks for the great advice. I did up my calories. I started just over 1300. I am just over 1500 as of today.
I was measured at the gym yesterday and actually down 2 lbs. I was thrilled. It seems a little early to be dropping weight. Maybe I shocked my system. Anyway, I did drop the cardio. Personal trainer thinks this is a mistake, but I am following your advice. I will keep you posted as to how I am doing. Thanks again.

Mary Ann
Old 02-11-2003, 08:17 PM
hilltowner should change his/her status!

I'm really happy for you! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe your trainer will change his/her mind when you start dropping fat. I think I really shocked one of the trainers at my gym by losing 9 pounds of fat in 6 weeks eating 1850 a day; he had told me it would never work.

Glad we could help!
Old 02-16-2003, 06:01 AM
odirish should change his/her status!

Here's another progress report. I'm over 1500 calories and my clothes are so tight that I think I need to buy a bigger size. Here's where I panic. I can't stand this. I never weighed 150 and I don't want to wear a size 12.

Mary Ann
Old 02-17-2003, 07:54 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: odirish:</font><hr> Here's another progress report. I'm over 1500 calories and my clothes are so tight that I think I need to buy a bigger size. Here's where I panic. I can't stand this. I never weighed 150 and I don't want to wear a size 12.

Mary Ann <hr /></blockquote>

This is gonna sound flip, but I mean it in all sincerity- buy spandex! Sweats, elastic waist pants in a Medium (so you don't have to get caught up in the numbers), drawstrings, etc.... I'm saying this because I'm going thru this same thing myself and this has helped me not focus on numbers and sizes. Yes, if your clothes are tight you will not be able to stop obsessing about your weight, how can you? You're uncomfortable!

While you're at it hide your scale and only get on it once every few weeks. When you are able to focus on your training and your nutrition you will begin to achieve your goals. While you are concentrating on gaining weight that is exactly what you will continue to do. There's a quote that Oprah Winfrey likes to use which is that your thoughts create your reality, so focus on training- not on being fat or gaining weight. You (and I) have to get over that initial hump and trust that following the superb advice given on this board will get us where we want to go. The last time I got on the scale, I had finally lost about 3 lbs., and I haven't gotten back on since because I need to hold onto the positive energy that gave me. I know it sounds simplistic, but the mind has such power over our bodies, don't ignore that part of the equation!!!
Closed Thread