lactose bad!!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 03:10 PM
k8_tel should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default lactose bad!!!

I have always been a lover of milk, cheese, yogart. About a year and a half ago I started getting really serious about fitness and building muscle, getting lean. Someone told me to cut out breads, and dairy to see how my body would respond. During that time I would cheat every once in a while. I get very bloated sometimes, and could never figure out why!! So I analized what foods trigured it and found out that whenever I ate dairy product, for example my boyfriend cooked chicken parmassan about a month ago and I literally almost exploded (was in great discomfort) likely because of this cheese.
I think that my body has become latose intolerant, with going through a stage without it, and now I cannot have anything with dairy, has any one had something like this happen to then, and info or explanation about it would be great!! thank in advance!!! Katie
Old 01-18-2003, 03:36 PM
DissidentPuddle should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: lactose bad!!!

Parmesan cheese makes me sick too. I eat it anyway, Just as long as theres a bathroom nearby...Oddly enough though, other cheeses and milk doesn't give me this problem, just parmesan cheese.......
Old 01-19-2003, 03:09 AM
mishvs should change his/her status!
Rookie

K8_tel,

I personally don't eat dairy or if I do it is very occasionally. For some people, the body just adapts to not digesting lactose. After all, many belief that after a baby's first few months of life the body can no longer cope with milk products. This is probably why you are experiencing discomfort... your body has just become sensitive to anything that interferes with its optimal health. I suppose it is like when competitors come off their super strict comp diets and eat a wider variety of foods, many find that they balloon up and get really bloated.

There is a lot of research on the net if you have a search around, maybe even use the search engine on this site [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Mish
Old 01-19-2003, 04:44 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: k8_tel:</font><hr> I think that my body has become latose intolerant, with going through a stage without it, and now I cannot have anything with dairy, has any one had something like this happen to then, and info or explanation about it would be great!! thank in advance!!! Katie <hr /></blockquote>

That's excactly what happened to me as well!!!
I stopped all diary products before a competition and when I wanted to eat milk etc again I had baaad tummy aches.

Today I still don't eat any mil, cream, yoghurt etc but I AM able to eat cheese without any stomach problems. I think it's because of the high fat content.

I don't miss any diary products...... I drink soy milk and I've even been able to make ice cream with soy as well!! Yummy good stuff! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 01-19-2003, 11:11 AM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I too have become lactose intolerant, later on in life. I was diagnosed in my mid twenties. I had no problems before then either. My M.D put me through a barrage of tests and all came up clear. This is how they 'test' for it, by process of elimination. After that all things dairy became process of elimination...I can eat some lower fat cheeses, and I buy lactose free, fat free milk. Anything else, is eaten on a 'how bad do I want it?' basis, because I know I will be suffering in the end. My whey protien powder has an enzyme added to aid lactose digestion as well. The key is knowing which is which and and if you 'need' to eat it...with that every body is different as well. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]