Can u girls help critique my friends diet and excercise - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 03:26 PM
unlimited should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Can u girls help critique my friends diet and excercise

She is 5'5 153lbs 27% body fat and this is what she eats on a daily basis
meal 1= 1 whole egg and 2 eggwhites with 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with a 6oz of O.J
meal 2= white wheat bread with 6 slices of thin turkey ham with a slice of cheese and tomatoes and 3 baby dill pickles
1/2 cup of peas and carrots and 1/3 cup of rice 6 0z of diet coke
meal 3= chicken breast with veggies 1 cup drinks about 16 oz of water a day and runs for 30 minutes a day and takes a xenadrine pill in the morning. Is she doing ok or should she change it around what do u guys recommend. she doesn't want to lift any weights either until she loses the weight. Also how much body fat % is good for women

body fat is 35%
Old 01-15-2003, 04:08 PM
hilltowner should change his/her status!

Default Re: Can u girls help critique my friends diet and excercise

I had to read your post again because I thought it got cut off somewhere after the 3rd meal; I was expecting 2 or 3 more but I see they really *aren't* there.

Several things are glaring out at me..

-Calories are WAY TOO LOW (not just for her, for just about anyone including my 4 year old).

-16 oz of water; a day? She needs at least 80 to 100, MINIMUM.

Dump the xenadrine, orange juice and the diet coke. Eat 150 grams of protein each day, divided into 6 small meals, along with an equal amount of unrefined carbs (fruit, veggies, brown rice, oats, potatoes) and a swig of good fat (flax oil, avocado, olive oil). Make sure the diet varies day to day; never eat the same way every day, your body needs surprise. Fitday.com is a good place to really see what you're eating.

And see if you can talk her out of that silly idea about not lifting til she's thinner.

BF %? Depends on the person and that person't preference. I like me around 12% but lots of people look fabulous either higher or lower than that. Age also factors in.

HTH
Old 01-15-2003, 07:33 PM
nikybaby should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Lifting will actually HELP her become thinner. If she really wants to reshape her body she needs to start lifting weights. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn. It is common misconception among women that lifting weight will not allow you to lose weight. You may not notice a huge change in SCALE weight when lifting but body composition will drastically change. Fat will be replaced with muscle and the scale doesn't reflect that.
I see nothing wrong with the xenadrine, it helps to increase metabolism which is exactly what she is looking to do.

Tell her to eat more often. Her calories are low. A low carb diet works well for me (lost over 55lbs so far) and allowed me to eat a ton of calories a day (about 2300+), but that is just a matter of choice. I wouldn't think diet coke would be a problem (I don't drink soda so I don't really know) , but OJ has a lot of sugar. And definately increase the water as hilltowner said. 16oz? I drink that in like 5 minutes.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:40 PM
fitness_gal should change his/her status!
Rookie

I agree with Nikibaby 100%
I started out with weight training as well and Xenedrine.
I'm 5'5"
156lbs.
Have not gotten my BF% yet, but I can guarantee you that it is nowhere near where it used to be. I can tell due to the fact that I have lost fat and am gaining definition. Nilkibaby knows what she's talking about.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:43 PM
hilltowner should change his/her status!

I only mentioned dropping the Xenadrine because I had the impression it would depress her appetite. Sorry if I'm mistaken about that.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:59 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

ok - first off try and get her to visit this website herself... she will learn so much more!

your friend is not eating enough. her calories are way too low. its counterproductive despite what she probably thinks. the fact is that when women are eating too little they are slowing their metabolism down. i bet if she started to eat 6 smaller meals a day about 3 hours apart, she would be able to see and feel a difference in her body. what 6 smaller meals does is help speed your metabolism, absorb nutrients more efficiently, and keep your body going throughout the day. it also prevents overeating because you are feeding yourself more often so the tendency to overeat lessens when you do eat. by eating more often she will have more energy, less hunger pains and cravings. Above all, she will be creating a metabolic environment that supports fat loss and muscle gains.

also weight training will help her lose bodyfat quicker. she should hit the weights! the more muscle you have the more calories your body burns at rest. that is such a good thing. it will also help to shape her body and give her lean muslces so that when the bodyfat comes off she looks great!

tell her to drink more water!!!! i cannot stress how important water is.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:38 PM
nikybaby should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
ok - first off try and get her to visit this website herself... she will learn so much more! <hr /></blockquote>
ABSOLUTELY!! I really think that if someone is serious about changing their body that research is extremely important. there is nothing wrong with asking for help BUT it is not enough to get second hand information- there is just too much info for one person to pass on. Your friend needs to take the initiative and read, read, read!! There are so many different diets and exercise programs out there that she has to make up her own mind what works best for her own needs and preferences. Low fat diets just don't work for me and I never would have known that or found out about low carb diets if I hadn't browsed the internet. Now, I'm not trying to put down your friend and I could be wrong about this, but if you are here asking questions for her there is a good chance that she is not doing much research herself. You can never learn too much. Knowledge is power...as the saying goes.