Is it just me? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 02:38 AM
odirish should change his/her status!

Default Is it just me?

Why do I have such a difficult time with losing weight? I eat a clean diet but I am perimenopausal. Did I answer my own question? My Dr. says I won't lose weight till I get through menopause ( I'm just starting) is this true? My weight is up to 150 and I'm 5'4". This is my highest weight ever. I realize that it takes time but I've put on 20 lbs. in the past 4 years since I quit smoking. Can anyone tell me about Liptropics or SOMETHING to move my metabolism?

Mary Ann
Old 01-14-2003, 04:21 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Is it just me?

Hmmm I'm a stubborn person so I believe that there is ALWAYS a solution to get where you want to get.

Put on some muscles, do HIIT, eat several small protein rich meals during the day and get your beauty sleep......

You'll see, you'll get a faster metabolism and feel great!

It can be hard to get there but you need to know what you want and then work for it.

Good luck!!!!

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 01-14-2003, 10:20 AM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Yep, I tend to agree. Docs so easily want to say it's age, menopause, whatever. I've seen too many pre-, post-, and right-there-now-menopausal women who look awesome to believe that we're supposed to just wait for that to pass before we can even think about having the body we want.

We're all different, and it's really a matter of knowing what we want, knowing our body, some trial and error, and figuring out what works for us within the guidelines of reliable knowledge around nutrition and weight training.

So don't give up. Work hard, eat clean, and figure out what works for you. You'll get there!
Old 01-17-2003, 02:54 PM
bubba272 should change his/her status!

What kind of diet do you have? Nine time out of 10 a change in diet and increasing any physical activity will drop weight. Cutting caffine helps as well. Caffine increases insulin production which inturn makes you store the stuff you eat since you are burning the insulin your body has already produced. Try a high protein low carb diet for a couple of months and keep working out you will notice a huge difference.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:49 PM
nikybaby should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Try a high protein low carb diet for a couple of months and keep working out you will notice a huge difference. <hr /></blockquote>

This really may be the answer. There is a such thing as a carbohydrate intolerance (insulin resistance) in some people- I happen to be one. I had 0 succes with the traditional low fat/low calorie diets and I thought nothing would work until I discovered the low carb diets. My body reacted immediately to a drastic decrease in carbohydrates and the weight just melted off. Everyone is unique and no 1 diet can work for everybody. That's why there are so many different diets out there. Try this site Which plan is right for me? and see if any of these diets appeal to you.