Creatine for the girls - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 01:18 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Creatine for the girls

The guy working with my husband advised me to get creatine designed for women. He recommended "La Femme" brand. I've been all over the web and can't find it. Does this have any merit? He seems to be a very knowledgeable guy and doesn't BS (if he doesn't know the answer he says Idon't know!).
Old 01-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Renfro should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Creatine for the girls

Women's Bodybuilding recently became a mainstream sport, as more and more women hit the gym to gain size, strength, muscle, and self-confidence. In our bobybuilding supplements section, we have an article on creatine, and stacking it with muscle meals and ribose. Supplements, nutrition, and diet also play a huge role in woman bodybuilding, so this article is about womens bodybuilding and creatine.

There are fundamental differences between women's bodybuilding and men's bodybuilding - most notably, biological differences. This is true in the case of supplements. For example, steriods increases your testosterone levels significantly, and have negative side effects for both men and women. However, these effects may annoy female bodybuilders more so, as everyone knows, testosterone deepens your voice, and produces more hair on your body.

What about creatine for women bodybuilders? Should they use it too?

When female bodybuilders take creatine, they will gain some weight, but some of this weight gain is due to water retention from the creatine. Best way to avoid this is using creatine products designed specifically for women. Also, some fitness females may not wish to gain large muscle mass, but get fit and get in shape. These fitness females can still use creatine since creatine does not creat muscle mass, and it does provide higher levels of energy during workouts. It's not what supplements you take that determines your build, but your workout program.
In general, there are some minor negative effects associated with creatine, and this include upset stomach, muscle cramping, diarrhea and dehydration. It is safe for women bodybuildes to use creatine, and women bodybuilders do use it.

Muscle Marketing has created the Femme Advantage Creatine, which is in a liquid form. Its ingredients include pure creatine monohydrate, glucosamine, royal jelly, vitamin B5 and B12, ginkgo biloba, wild yam, soluble bioflavonoids, papaya extract, pantothenic acid, glycerine, honey, distilled water & natural flavoring. It provides women bodybuilders all the desired supplementation effects while eliminating negative side effects.

For usage, follow its Suggested Usage instructions: A single 5 ml (1 teaspoon) serving of creatine serum may be taken by putting 5 small squeezes of the eye dropper directly under the tongue. Each squeeze of the eye dropper is 1 ml, or if you prefer, a dose of creatine serum may be mixed with water.

If you're looking for creatine powder, I recommend American Creatine for its excellent price and value.

Copied from >

http://www.myfitnessmgr.com/Graphics...e/lordsgym.jpg

Dan

Health,Fitness and PMA LINKs page Stop By

You can if you will!
CHECK OUT My Progress Updated March 2004
Old 01-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Lightweight

Default Re: Creatine for the girls

More Info and FAQs About FEMME ADVANTAGE™:

Side effects reported by women
Before the release of our breakthrough formula ATP Advantage Creatine Serum, many female athletes tried powdered Creatine Monohydrate to increase their energy and tone their muscles. Unfortunately, the powdered creatine appeared to cause many side effects in women, including water retention, bloating, diarrhea, stomach cramping and a general discomfort. In short, the powder was not an ideal choice for female users... Now, with the introduction of our breakthrough formula Creatine Serum™, women who have started using our product experienced none of the afore mentioned challenges, and have been very happy with its immediate effect on their workouts and overall conditioning.
Research and development
Muscle Marketing USA went one step further and developed our new advanced formula only tailored to women of all ages - Femme Advantage™ Creatine Serum™. This new formula has been tested, evaluated and perfected for almost a year and we are happy to release it to the market starting March, 1998.
Philosophy behind Femme Advantage™
At MMUSA, we realize the need for products tailored specifically to a woman's unique supplement requirements during a health and fitness program. Unlike other supplement companies that make products directed at a "male only" market, we have introduced our new line of supplements designed exclusively for women.
What is the myth about creatine among women?
The biggest myth about creatine monohydrate is that its use will make female users "bulky" and produce huge muscle gain. Creatine is not a steroid and will not make a women "bulky" nor muscular. It does, however, aid in boosting energy while delaying fatigue during workouts, and thus ultimately reduces body fat and helps tone the body. Without exercise, the muscle will not grow by itself. Some female athletes who supplement with creatine can and do gain muscle, but this is based on specific exercise programs with a high intensity level of heavy lifting, designed to do just that.
I've heard that creatine powder cannot be stabilized in a liquid form. What about Femme Advantage™ Creatine Serum™?
Yes creatine monohydrate breaks down into a waste product creatinine after leaving it for 10 minutes or more in liquid. In order to keep the potency of creatine monohydrate, and prevent it from degrading to a waste product a stabilization process has to be implemented. MMUSA has a patent on the stability on all of its products.
Note: Many imitators try to come up with a liquid creatine that is comparable to MMUSA products, but we have proved that we are the only company who carries stabilized creatine in liquid form.

What is it about Femme Advantage™ that eliminates the side effects typically associated with powdered creatine?
The ingredients in this breakthrough formula among other things has digestive and dietary effects and produce maximum result with minimum dosage.
What are the ingredients and benefits of Femme Advantage™?
Ingredients : creatine monohydrate, B12, ginseng, royal jelly, and,
Vitamin B5:
an antioxidant vital to adrenal activity. Defends against stress, fatigue and nerve disorder. Is necessary for normal digestive processes. Prevents fatigue and is an anti-allergy and stress supplement.
Soluble Bioflavonoids:
strengthen blood vessels, improve circulation, fight bacteria and viruses and improve liver function.
Ginkgo Extract:
Improves circulation and the flow of oxygen to the brain and extremities. It improves cholesterol levels and improves circulation to the heart.
Wild Yam Extract:
Known for its progesterone activity. Useful for hyperstrogen states. Relieves pains associated with premenstrual syndrome. Soothes the nerves, fights water retention, bloating and constipation.
Papain extract:
A protein digesting enzyme from papaya, it helps break down protein to a digestible state.
Benefits of Femme Advantage
Increases energy and stamina
Helps reduce body fat
Increases muscular strength & definition
Buffers lactic acid build up
Delays fatigue
Provides relief from symptoms caused by pms and menstrual cramping
Eliminates water retention, bloating and cramping

Is Creatine Monohydrate good for bodybuilders only?
Not at all. creatine monohydrate is being used by all ages for many activities and sports. People over the age of 50 are using it for energy. Swimmers, tennis players, runners, climbers, sprinters and aerobics players are utilizing creatine effectively for peak muscular contractions and greater endurance. Femme advantage is highly recommended for all women with active lifestyles.
How many servings per bottle?
Each bottle has 5.1 ounces of stabilized liquid Creatine Serum and contains 30 servings equal to 30 workouts.
Do I have to load and maintain on the Femme Advantage Serum?
No loading or maintenance needed. The purpose of loading is to supply your body with enough of a storage of creatine in order to be utilized by the muscles during your workout. Taking the serum 10 minutes before each workout will give you the creatine storage your body requires in minutes. If you are not working out on any particular day, you will not need to take it.
What will happen if I take more than the dosage required?
Nothing at all. You will feel extra energy and more active, but no side effects from taking extra.
How many grams of creatine per dose?
Each teaspoon (5 ml) serving provides 2500 mg of pure stable creatine monohydrate.
Why don't you put more creatine in each serving?
It is scientifically and logically impossible to put more than 2500 grams of creatine per dose. The dose is equal to one teaspoon, and you just cannot fit a big spoon into a small one. Yet somehow some companies claim more than a teaspoon of creatine per teaspoon serving! Furthermore, you do not need to take more than 2500 mg of creatine at any given time. The body has limited capacity to utilize creatine. For example, suppose you took 5 grams of creatine, equal to two servings of the serum or 10 grams of the powder, your body will only utilize 2500 grams of creatine and discard the the rest which becomes creatinine, a waste product exerted outside the body through the urine.
If you check the blood level of most athletes who are being fooled by supplement companies or the fake experts who recommend large dosage of it, you will find that their blood contains a high level of creatinine, which results in the kidneys working harder for no reason at all.

How many flavors does Femme Advantage™ Creatine Serum™ come in?
Femme advantage is available in eight flavors to choose from: cherry, strawberry, grape, lemon, apple, blueberry, raspberry and lemon.
How do I use it?
Simply take one teaspoon (5 ml) in 4 oz glass of water or under the tongue 10 minutes before intense exercise (5 droppers = 5 ml) 1 tsp supplies 2500 pure creatine monohydrate, assimilated into the bloodstream within 10-15 minutes.
How do I know that Femme Advantage™ is stable?
All our products are tested and certified by an independent lab. The independent lab seal of approval guarantees our claim of stability and a certificate of stability can be provided at customer's request.

The above information is provided by Muscle Marketing USA - the makers of the only stabilized liquid creatine.

http://www.powersupplements.com/femmfaq.htm

Dan

You can if you will!
Old 01-11-2003, 02:00 PM
Lightweight

Default Re: Creatine for the girls AND One More

Muscle Marketing USA has introduced a revolution in women's creatine supplementation with Femme Advantage Creatine Serum.

Like all athletes, women who exercise want to look their best and be in optimal shape. Creatine's ability to help athletes exercise harder and longer has been proven in numerous studies and real-world trials. However, the side effects it causes in many women- most notably water retention, dehydration, cramping and bloating- have also been widely reported. This is because most creatine supplements are tailored toward men rather than women. This left many women convinced they couldn't use creatine. They believed the side effects would outweigh any possible training gains. Creatine was not viewed as an ideal choice for serious female athletes.

Femme Advantage Creatine Serum changed all of that. Muscle Marketing USA designed this exclusive formula specifically to meet women's needs and different body chemistry by adding several ingredients that are not found in the original ATP Advantage Creatine Serum. Unlike powdered creatine which requires an inconvenient 5 day loading period, you only need to take Femme Advantage on the days you work out. Powdered creatine also breaks down into the useless waste product creatinine if it is not consumed immediately after mixing. Creatine Serum, on the other hand, is guaranteed to be stable and will not break down for two years! In addition, Creatine Serum metabolizes faster, safer and more efficiently than powdered creatine, with 100% of each serving reaching your bloodstream, as opposed to regular creatine where, not only does it take 45min. to 1 hour to digest, but up to 80% of it can be lost during digestion, and therefore wasted!

Creatine Serum is taken sublingually (under the tongue). This will allow the serum to bypass the digestive process and be absorbed directly into the blood stream, where it is used by muscle tissue within minutes. With Muscle Marketing's Femme Advantage Creatine Serum, there is no need for a loading phase or a maintenance phase. You simply use the Creatine Serum on the days you work out, right before your workout. Each serving of Creatine Serum provides 2.5gm of creatine along with other cofactors like Ginseng, Honey, Vitamin B12 and others, to aid in the assimilation process.
Ingredients:

Creatine Monohydrate
Vitamin B12
Ginseng
Royal Jelly
Vitamin B5 - an antioxidant vital to adrenal activity that defends against stress, fatigue and nerve disorder. Is necessary for normal digestive processes. Prevents fatigue and is an anti-allergy and stress supplement
Soluble Bioflavonoids - strengthen blood vessels, improve circulation, fight bacteria and viruses and improve liver function
Ginkgo Extract - Improves circulation and the flow of oxygen to the brain and extremities. It improves cholesterol levels and improves circulation to the heart
Wild Yam Extract - Known for its progesterone activity. Useful for hyperstrogen states. Relieves pains associated with premenstrual syndrome. Soothes the nerves, fights water retention, bloating and constipation
Papain extract - A protein digesting enzyme from papaya, it helps break down protein to a digestible state.
Femme Advantage Creatine serum is available in 3 delicious flavors: Cherry, Grape and Strawberry.

http://www.athleticnutrition.com/MMUSA_Femme.shtml

Dan

You can if you will!
Old 01-11-2003, 02:16 PM

<font color="purple">Creatine Serum
Separating Fantasy From Reality
The characters in this industry never cease to amaze me (or should I say sicken me.) From the sneaky magazine-supplement company conspiracies to the outright frauds, the supplement consumer has to continually be on his guard. It's like one giant carnival with booth after booth of rigged games and cheap prizes for those unfortunate enough to be sucked in by the strobe lights and slick pitch lines. The problem is, the only winners are the ones taking your money.
As you probably know we will occasionally test companies supplements, especially if something about a product or label doesn't seem right. We've tested protein bars, Andro supplements, protein powders, creatine powders, liquid protein supplements, Chrysin supplements, and the list goes on and on. As long as I have been doing this, and as many pathetic test results that I have seen I still get that empty feeling in the pit of my stomach when the lab tests confirm my suspicion. I guess I'm too intimate with this industry to let it just roll off my shoulders. And because of this intimacy it doesn't take long for the empty feeling to turn to anger. I imagine if I didn't care it wouldn't bother me. But I do care and it bothers the hell out of me.
For some reason I always catch much more grief when I reveal the test results than I do praise or thanks. This grief comes mostly from the companies that are making the garbage products of course, but also from the stores that are profiting from the big margins by selling the bogus supplements. And believe it or not, I sometimes even catch a little grief from consumers that have bought and used or are using the bogus supplements.
Now I can certainly understand the supplement companies and the retail stores that sell their supplements lashing out when they get "caught", but when a consumer gets angry when we reveal to him or her that they are being scammed by an immoral supplement company, that still confuses me. I guess it's a deeper psychological issue that I have yet to comprehend. Hey, no one likes to admit they've been "had". It's not a good feeling.
Anyway, I certainly never meant to be the police of the industry, but I seem to have been thrust into this position by my own accord. Like I said, if I didn't care I wouldn't be doing the testing to begin with. It's expensive, distracting, and time consuming. Even with all the headache, the lawsuits, and the overall pain in the *** factor I know it's all for a greater good.
<font color="red">Creatine Serum
Over the past couple of years, and more so this last year, a company called Muscle Marketing has been selling a product called Creatine Serum. It's a liquid creatine supplement that they claim is 100% stable and far more effective than creatine powder. I first ignored the product and wrongly assumed that everyone knew creatine in a liquid degrades rapidly. I never really gave it more than a glance. Well as this company started advertising heavily and more and more retail stores and gyms began carrying the product, I gave it closer scrutiny. And when I did I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Creatine Serum is a liquid creatine supplement (Well it's marketed and sold as a creatine supplement.) sold in a uniquely shaped red plastic dropper bottle. It comes in many flavors and now in varying formulations. If you take a look at how Creatine Serum is marketed it's pretty easy to see what this company is doing. They are playing on all the inconveniences and misconceptions of powder creatine and claiming that their Creatine Serum is not only free of side effects (that don't exist with powder creatine in the first place), but also that it's more effective. They also claimed to have defied science and made creatine stable in a liquid for 2 years. This is their attempt to discredit creatine powder in order to generate greater sales of their liquid product. Typical sports nutrition marketing, but they go about in a very misleading and deceptive manner.</font color>
They have a chart on their bottle that lists the positives of the Creatine Serum verses the negatives (according to them) of the powder.
Let's see if we can clear through some of the hype and get to the facts so you can decide if you should spend your hard earned money on this supplement as this company is trying so hard to persuade you to do.
Here's what they claim for the Creatine Serum and here are the facts.
Claim
Serum: No loading: take just minutes before exercise.
Powder: Loading required: must be taken in large amounts for 5 days prior to exercise.
Supports For Their Claim
None - No scientific studies or data backs up their claim that there is no need to load with Creatine Serum. In other words, they made this up to convince you to buy it.
Fact
You don't have to load with any creatine. It's not mandatory. However, scientific studies show that you can achieve maximum muscle creatine saturation in 5 days through a 5 gram - 4 times a day protocol. Scientific studies also show you can achieve muscle creatine saturation by taking 3 grams once a day for 30 days. Each way has its advantages and disadvantages.
So their claim that there is no need to load with the serum verses a need to load with powdered creatine is completely misleading and void of the physiological facts involving the body's utilization of creatine. If you want to achieve muscle creatine saturation in the same amount of time you will have to go through the loading phase with the serum just as you do with the powder. It's that simple. It does not matter if it's in a liquid form or not. Your body utilizes it the same way.
<font color="red">For this company to insinuate that their creatine somehow acts differently in the body than creatine powder is pure wishful thinking on their part. Or attempted deception on their part. I guess it depends on how you look at it. They're either deceiving you or they're just totally inept and actually believe what they are saying.
A simple "show me the science" will leave you and them empty handed.</font color>
Claim
Serum: No maintenance: take only on training days
Powder: Daily maintenance: must be taken even on non-training days.
Supports For Their Claim
None - No scientific studies show that their creatine serum does not need to be taken on days you don't train. They also made this up to convince you to buy it. Why wouldn't you need to take it on non-training days?

Fact
They are trying to convince you that just because it's a liquid there is no need to take it on days you don't train, but you must take the powder on days you don't train to achieve the same results. Again this is another very misleading statement. And it's simply not true. Creatine will saturate your muscle cells whether you train or not. Taking the creatine serum on training days and not on non training days would act exactly the same as taking powdered creatine on training days and not on non training days. Because the Creatine Serum is in a liquid form does not add any special ability to the creatine that would enable you to only have to take it on training days. If you want a continual creatine supply to the muscles you will need to take it every day. The liquid medium does not change this.
By making this claim they are trying to mislead you into thinking that their product is superior when no evidence even comes close to suggesting this. In fact, the science indicates the exact opposite due to creatine's rapid degradation in a liquid medium.
Claim
Serum: Instant absorption.
Powder: Takes one hour or more to digest.
<font color="red">Supports For Their Claim
None - No scientific studies show that their creatine serum is absorbed instantly or any faster than powdered creatine. Again, they made this claim up too.
Fact
Just because it's a liquid does not mean your body does not have to digest it. That's absurd. In fact, there is no evidence and certainly no scientific study showing that this creatine serum is absorbed, enters the bloodstream, or saturates muscle tissue any faster than powdered creatine.</font color>
Claim
Serum: Completely assimilated into the muscles in minutes.
Powder: 50% wasted during the digestion process.
Supports For Their Claim
None - No scientific studies show that their creatine serum is assimilated into the muscles in minutes and no science shows that creatine powder is 50% wasted in the digestion process. In other words, this has no truth backing it whatsoever.
Fact
<font color="red">It is physiologically impossible for this creatine serum to be "Completely assimilated into the muscles in minutes". That would be nice, but even an intravenous injection would not enable this to happen. And nowhere in the scientific research is there any indication that 50% of powdered creatine is wasted during digestion. They just made this one up as well. Like all the other claims so far, they completely made it up with no means or scientific data to back it up. None.</font color>
Claim
Serum: 100% stable: 2 year shelf life.
Powder: Unstable: rapidly degrades into waste product creatinine.
Supports For Their Claim
None - No scientific studies show that their creatine serum is stable at all much less that it has a 2 year shelf life. There are specific FDA protocols that are used to establish "shelf life" and I am not aware of any stability testing done on this product.
<font color="red">Fact
All of our analytical test showed that Creatine Serum contains high levels of creatinine. In fact the creatinine levels were as much as 600% greater than the creatine levels. I can only conclude through the analytical testing that Creatine Serum is highly unstable. The scientific and chemical reference books are correct and Creatine Serum degrades as quickly as any creatine would that is put into a liquid.</font color>
Claim
Serum: Does not cause water retention, bloating or cramping.
Powder: Causes water retention resulting in dehydration, bloating and cramping.
None - No scientific studies indicate that Creatine Serum works any differently than creatine powder. In fact, it's physiologically impossible and to suggest that it does is completely untrue.
Fact
Creatine in a liquid, if it remained stable (all lab analysis shows that creatine degrades into creatinine in solution), would act no differently in the body than creatine in a powder form. Their own statement about powder creatine, "Causes water retention resulting in dehydration, bloating and cramping.", is incorrect, contradictory, and misleading. If creatine causes water retention then how can it cause dehydration? And we are back to the fact that the creatine molecule is the same whether it's in a liquid medium or a powder, so it will impart the same physiological effect either way.
Because creatine is in a liquid does not mean it will function any differently. Also, the negatives listed on their bottle for powder creatine are simply not true and have no scientific validity.</font color>
That's like saying, "Muscle turns to fat, but if you take my product muscle will not turn to fat." If it's physiologically impossible for muscle to turn into fat in the first place how is taking my product going to stop something that would never happen? Call this what you want, but I call it a blatant misleading statement designed to sell you on a product by giving it virtues that don't exist.
Claim
Serum: Stay with your normal water intake.
Powder: Must consume extra water to counteract dehydration.
None - No scientific studies indicate that Creatine Serum works any differently (if at all) than powdered creatine. No studies suggest you need to consume any less water with Creatine Serum than with powdered creatine. They made this one up too.</font color>
Fact
Creatine imparts a portion of its benefit by its ability to hyper-hydrate the muscle cell. You consume extra water while taking creatine to assist this hyper-hydration. You don't drink extra water to prevent dehydration because of the creatine. As I said before, the creatine molecule is the same regardless of what medium it is delivered in. If you could maintain a stable creatine solution then its physiological effect on the body would be no different than creatine in a powder form. So to take full advantage of a "liquid" creatine you would need extra fluid to assist the creatine's effect on hydrating the muscle cell.
If creatine caused dehydration it would cause this whether it was in a powder form or liquid form. It would not be because of the powder. It would be because of creatine's physiological effect on the body. But there is no scientific evidence indicating that creatine causes dehydration.
They are trying to instill some magic quality to Creatine Serum and at the same time bucking the physiological effects creatine, in any form, has on muscle hydration. It's like saying, "Fertilize your lawn with this 'special' fertilizer and you won't have to water your lawn in the summer time like you do with the other fertilizers". Grass needs water in the summer regardless of the type of fertilizer and when taking creatine your body needs fluid to provide the extra hydration (not to counteract dehydration) to the muscle cells no matter what type of creatine it is.
The Science
A quick look in the Merck Index (The bible in the scientific community for all chemical monographs.) clearly tells you the following:
"1 gram of creatine dissolves in 75 milliliters of water" and "in aqueous solution creatinine is formed, and aqueous and alkaline solutions contain an equilibrium mixture of creatinine and creatine, while in acid solutions the formation of creatinine is complete"
In other words, you can only dissolve 2 grams of creatine in each bottle of Creatine Serum and that creatine will partially or fully degrade into creatinine depending on the pH of the liquid it's dissolved in.
<font color="red">This is no surprise and is common knowledge to anyone with just the slightest understanding of chemistry and our testing proved this to be exactly the case. Every bottle we tested had less than 1 gram of creatine in the entire bottle.
In fact, if they attempted to put the amount of creatine they claim is in each bottle it certainly would not dissolve and would have a consistency of a very thick paste or mud. You wouldn't use a dropper to administer a serving you would use a fork.</font color>
They also claim that Creatine Serum is 100% stable and remains that way for 2 years. By this they mean that the creatine does not degrade into creatinine in the liquid. The analytical tests revealed just the opposite. Each bottle contained more creatinine than creatine and according to expiration dates on the bottles tested none were more than a couple of months old.
Conclusion
Their promotional statements are misleading, incorrect and factually and educationally void of any scientific validity. As I read the side of this bottle I'm left to wonder how they can legally and morally sell this product with the claims they are making. Their entire promotion of this product is based on absolutely no scientific substantiation whatsoever. Not even a backyard study.
Even on their web site they are quick to cite scientific studies extolling the positive effects of creatine, but the peculiar thing is the studies that they so quickly reference are studies done using powdered creatine and not Creatine Serum. <font color="red">Imagine that, they use the science from the very creatine powder they say is no good in the promotion of their liquid creatine.</font color>
As one of my colleagues said, they took every negative ever unjustifiably associated with creatine and said because theirs is in a liquid it will not cause any of them. And by doing this, not only are they obviously ignorant of the scientific research on creatine, but they are making up imaginary benefits for the Creatine Serum that solidifies their total lack of knowledge.
<font color="red">When it comes to analyzing the Creatine Serum the tests speak for themselves. Less than 1 gram of creatine is in each bottle of Creatine Serum. This actually blows me away. The fact that they make such phenomenal claims about their product and yet there is less than 1% of the amount of creatine that their label says there is.</font color>
As with many companies in this industry, this one is no different. They are all after a piece of the pie. The bigger the piece they can get, the more money they'll make. And as you can see they'll stop at nothing to sell their products.
There are consumer protection laws in this country to help guard the consumer from such fraud. Just this week a company known for selling two weight loss products, "Fat Trapper" and "Exercise in a Bottle", through late night and weekend infomercials was fined 10 million dollars for misleading hundreds of thousands of consumers with the promotion of their products. In the case of Creatine Serum I don't see any difference. A lie is a lie, and the law says you cannot lie to sell your products. The only reason companies like this one have yet to face the same type of penalties is because our government simply does not have the resources to prosecute all of them. But in due time their fraudulent behavior will catch up to them. In the meantime, don't be sucked in to the hype.</font color>

<font color="green">If you want to know the TRUTH about creatine, read Creatine Myths &amp; Facts located right here on Abc.

Also, I use regular powdered creatine with no ill effects. The side effects usually come from impurities in the creatine powder itself. So buy creatine which has the Creapure logo on it, it's made in Germany rather than cheap Asian crap, it's the purest form of creatine you can get. Hope this helps. Be wary of supplements which seem to cater to females, we are NOT that different biologically from males.</font color>
Old 01-11-2003, 04:03 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: ***********:</font><hr> ]

<font color="green">If you want to know the TRUTH about creatine, read Creatine Myths &amp; Facts located right here on Abc.

Also, I use regular powdered creatine with no ill effects. The side effects usually come from impurities in the creatine powder itself. So buy creatine which has the Creapure logo on it, it's made in Germany rather than cheap Asian crap, it's the purest form of creatine you can get. Hope this helps. Be wary of supplements which seem to cater to females, we are NOT that different biologically from males.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>
Krypto you are 100% right, most of the supplements that cater to females are mostly BS. Why is there a woman's creatine? Seems rather lame, its not as if there is food specifically designed for females. When coming to gaining muscle the process for men and women is identical except that is is harder for women to gain muscle due to estrogen. It would be best to stick with regular creatine.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:16 PM

Cool...then I can just dip into my husbands stock and not worry about filling up the pantry with unneeded supplements. And as luck would have it I just ordered 2000g of Optimum Nutrition Creapure for him!

Thanks for all the great information!

Tina
Old 01-11-2003, 04:30 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: Chechkin:</font><hr> Krypto you are 100% right, most of the supplements that cater to females are mostly BS. Why is there a woman's creatine? Seems rather lame, its not as if there is food specifically designed for females. When coming to gaining muscle the process for men and women is identical except that is is harder for women to gain muscle due to estrogen. It would be best to stick with regular creatine. <hr /></blockquote>

Exactly! I just cringe everytime I see some supplement or food for sale that is supposedly "made just for women", what a load of crap! I don't believe it for one second. I've even read the labels of some those "specially formulated for women" foods and have found NOTHING in it that is any different from what men eat. Actually, the only differences I've found in a lot of the women's supplements is that they have MORE sugar and LESS protein, what a crock! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Advertising companies have women brainwashed into thinking we're so different from males that we need our own special food, just makes me cringe!

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: sweet1:</font><hr> Cool...then I can just dip into my husbands stock and not worry about filling up the pantry with unneeded supplements. And as luck would have it I just ordered 2000g of Optimum Nutrition Creapure for him!

Thanks for all the great information!

Tina <hr /></blockquote>

You're welcome! And yeah, the Optimum creatine is a good choice. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 05:51 PM

I mom used to buy women's cereal for herself, and she would be wondering where it all went and then i found out that my dad was eating it, it was hilarious.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:46 PM

That's great, hilarious!
Closed Thread