Girls I need your advice! - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Amazonia should change his/her status!

Default Re: Girls I need your advice!

I wouldn't tell her the medicine ball looks too heavy, that sounds patronizing and will make it seem like you're suggesting she's weak.
Just say "Hi, how're you're doing?" Nice and simple. If the two of you have been working out at the same place long enough, then it will be perfectly normal to say "Hi, how's your workout going?" or even "Hi, my name is so and so, and I just wanted to tell you that if you ever need a spotter, just ask me."
You're making this whole thing more complicated than it is. First breathe, smile and say "Hi." Everything else will fall into place after that. There is this guy who trains his clients at my gym and he is always looking at me and giving me nice smiles. He's rather hot and I wish he would just at least say "Hi" to break the ice so that we can start talking after that.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:56 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: BIG_POPPA_PUMP:</font><hr> i had the perfect chance, we were working out beside each other and she was inbetween sets and trying to pick a medicine ball up with her feet, like a soccerball. I was going to tell her it might be a little heavy for that. <hr /></blockquote>

No, no, no. Personally if a guy said that to me I'd feel like punching him. I'd feel like, "what, you think I can't lift this? So you think I'm a weakling? Huh, I'll show you". That's exactly what I'd be thinking. A comment like that would tork me off.

Ya gotta say flattering things to a girl. We'll fall for that everytime. And if you're in a gym and gonna talk to a girl who is always working out, chances are she'd love some kind of comment about how strong she is. Something simple will work fine. One day some guy was next to me on a bench while I was doing incline dumbbell presses and once I finished my set, he says, "you'd better slow down or pretty soon you're gonna be outlifting me"! I'm tellin' ya, that works! Flattery gets you everywhere. Hehe. Pay attention to older guys, most of them have learned how to talk to women. Most of them seem to know just what to say, in my experience anyway. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2002, 10:12 PM
BB1 should change his/her status!
Rookie

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: BIG_POPPA_PUMP:</font><hr> I think I have made eye contact, I try not to stare, thats why I am wondering if she is just thin kwho the hell is this guy, and why is always looking at me. I try and smile if me walk past each other, but to tell you the truth it might come out looking like a smirk. <hr /></blockquote>

Ok the smile must be genuine. What I am going to tell you sounds crazy but if you think you are smirking you just might be doing that.

When someone smiles at you you can tell right off the bat if it is genuine. The eyes will crinkle at the corners.

Go to the mirror and look at yourself. OK its corny [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] now smile. Now think of something really funny and start laughing (like when you are squatting and you let out a loud one rip in your friends face. OK now I got a laugh out of you [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])and look at yourself. See how your eyes will crinkle up, there will be a sparkle. Teeth are showing like this [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Does she look at you? Does she make eye contact with you? Does her body move to face you?

She is probably wondering why you have not said anything to you yet. Step out of your comfort zone.

I understand that you feel shy, and there's no shame in that. Most men with super high Interest Level in a beauty whom they've never met, feel shy and rather flustered. You might be afraid she will reject you.

So, first of all, cool your jets and relax. You may not even like this girl once you get to know her, and knowing that automatically takes some of the pressure off. When you see her again, simply walk up and say "Hi", introduce yourself and ask her something about her current workout. Keep it simple and sincere. If she has some interest in you, then she'll try to make you feel comfortable and she'll help to keep the conversational ball rolling.

I want you to ask her for her HOME PHONE NUMBER. The 3-10 seconds that pass while you wait for her answer, will feel like a lifetime, but you must not say a word while you wait.

If she's available and she finds you interesting, then she'll give you the number, and then you're in the game, guy. If you don't get her number, at least you'll know where you stand. What counts is that you took the shot.

Ok that is all for now. Good luck!

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Melissa

Old 12-12-2002, 11:27 PM

thanks for the advice, the whole medicine ball thing, she was just playing around with it, you know how really good soocer players can keep kicking a ball in the air. Well a medicine ball is impossible to do that with, they don't bounce. It would be like me saying that to someone who was trying to dribble it like a basketball. But I don't want her to think I am being stupid about it.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Cherie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

hi!

Just adding my bit in here. Have you considered changing your workout routine to coincide with hers? Chances are that you will in closer proximity to her and most likely using the same machines or dumbbell rack etc if you say for example work biceps/triceps on the same day as she does. I agree not to interfere with form, but although I don't do it as a chatup line, I will say to people I see working out the same bodypart as I am: I just saw you working (enter bodypart) I found a new exercise on the net that I tried out which really worked the muscle , etc.... It sure does start conversation going, and if you want to have a longer conversation (nobody wants a long chat when doing a workout routine) aim to chat towards the end of her workout. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2002, 03:42 PM

Thanks for the advice, the only problem, with trying to workout, on the same dumbell rack, wear she normally works out is the weights only go up to 20lbs, I am a pretty big guy so I can't use 20lbs, for anything, it would look really weird. But I try and do abs when she is over there. I will talk to her I know I will, just give me another 2 years and I will be good to go.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:09 PM

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP, guess what the girl I am talking about might be coming over to my house tonight. She is susposed to be going out with my roommate (girl) to the bars. Is that not crazy??????????? Two problems though, one is she has a boyfriend, and two she likes to ride the white lighting
Old 12-15-2002, 08:02 AM
Middleweight

hi!

Things seem to be going your way, pls keep us updated! BTW, I didn't mean use the same weights she is using, the main idea is to get urself in her vicinity, coz its no use admiring from afar, you have to be up close! I would say your next mission is to find out how serious the boyfriend issue is thru your roommate. What is white lighting??? Please enlighten me,
Good luck
Old 12-15-2002, 02:24 PM

Well my roommate bailed last light so they never did anything. We live in Ontario Canada and her boyfriend is in Ohio? Oh ya white lightening=coke! So thats a negative, and I don't think I could ever trust a girl that had a boyfriend and broke up with him for me!

Things seem to be going your way, pls keep us updated! BTW, I didn't mean use the same weights she is using, the main idea is to get urself in her vicinity, coz its no use admiring from afar, you have to be up close! I would say your next mission is to find out how serious the boyfriend issue is thru your roommate. What is white lighting??? Please enlighten me,
Good luck <hr /></blockquote>
Old 12-15-2002, 06:15 PM
Middleweight

She can't be serious about training if she abuses her body with coke, I think that would put me off big time.
Closed Thread