Girls I need your advice! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 11:40 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Girls I need your advice!

Ok first off I just want to say sorry for wasting your space in the womens forum. Ok here is the thing. There is a girl at my gym that has been there for like two years, we always glance at each other. At least I do, maybe she keeps looking at the weird guy that is looking at her. I think she has a boyfriend, a friend of mine said she was going out with someone awhile ago. I am so disattracted by her I am thinking of changing gyms, she is messing with my workouts. I don't know how to even start to talk to her, unless she is on a machine and I ask to work in? OK girls you keep saying you don't want to meet guys at the bars, so help me out with this.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:16 AM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Girls I need your advice!

She's probably just as shy as you are. Ask to work in on a machine that she's on and try to start a conversation...I've had guys do that to me and I really didn't mind. What can it hurt if you ask her what she's up to on the weekend? At least you'll get an answer!

Hope it works out for you! Good luck!
Old 12-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I agree. Start chatting it up, just don't intefere with her workouts too much.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:12 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i had this exact situation a few years ago. i was to chicken to talk to him first and eventually he just started to talk to me when i was resting in between sets. i won't go into the rest of the details though! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

if you see her early in the week just say hi, how are you? how's the workout going today? have a good weekend? etc. the next time she is using a machine you want to use ask to work in and chat it up just a little. don't distract her though!! and if all goes well and you feel good enough to talk to her again just use caution at the gym and don't talk her ear off. you are there to workout not hook-up.

Old 12-07-2002, 02:19 PM

Eh, it's okay to meet guys in a gym. Heck, if I was single that's the FIRST place I'd probably look! Or at least it WOULD be a place I'd look simply because I'd be looking for a guy with similar interests.

So anyway, as long as you do it right, it shouldn't be a problem, she shouldn't get mad or anything like that. What you need to do, is think of something to break the ice. You don't necessarily have to break out into a full conversation, but you need to come up with a few things to say.

I'll give you an idea, something that would work on me, so it may work on her as well. What you do, is start working out on a machine next to her and when you're doing that, throw her some kind of compliment about her body (choose wisely, not something cheesy) then ask her what her routine is for that body part, like how she works it out. I get these kinds of questions from both guys and girls every once in a while and it always breaks out into at least a small conversation. I usually get asked how I got such nice abs (so see what I mean, a compliment, but not a cheesy one). I'm so talkative and love fitness so much that I'm always happy to talk to people about working out. She may be the same way, especially since she's been there for 2 years, she sounds pretty serious about it. If that doesn't work, then perhaps she isn't interested. Be sure to be very observant to her body language, eye contact, etc. Good luck! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Krypto is right. Compliments go a long way. Besides, if she didn't want to have a conversation/was involved/you were bothering her, she'd shut you down right away. At the very least, you'd get it out of your system and won't have to switch gyms.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:54 AM

Thanks for all your advice, You know what, I am such a wuss I would be really hurt (ego) about her shutting me down. I think I will try the machine next to her trick, but wait for her to finish her set. Here is a question I think the answer might be no though, sometimes when she is working out, her form could be a bit better, offer advice or keep mouth shut? I think I should keep me mouth shut, I don't want to seem like a no it all, and make her feel bad or self-concience.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:50 PM
AHM should change his/her status!

Stick to the compliments and keep your mouth shut about form. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Wait till you are in the door before you try something not so complimentary. It will go further. hehe.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:03 PM

Yeah, don't go there just yet, as in correcting form (unless she's absolutely, positively gonna really hurt herself, but if she's been working out for 2 yrs I doubt that). Either wait til she asks for your opinion on it or until the two of you are comfortable enough with each other.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:36 AM
Himo_VZ should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Yo Dave,
say something like:
Hey baby, can you flex your pecs for me?
Closed Thread