Mutt's Mutterings... - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 05:45 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Mutt\'s Mutterings (please comment)

Thanks for that comment. Sorry for not updating more often but have been so busy as of late. Some updates: hit 225 on the BP 5x. Got 245 x6 on DL. ANd hit 135 for shouldr press x8. Also got 105 x8 for barbell curls. All in the last week. So I am improving fast looking forward to this weeks workouts.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:07 PM

Thanks for changing the title! Tomorrow is chest and tri day. I plan on hitting 250 5 times by the end of march. So for the next 4-5 weeks I am trying to hit that mark. So for now I am again splitting arms up to two differnt days. I will do biceps with back for now. I have planned to hit chest hard and heavy for another 2-3 weeks take one week light then try to hit 250.....I am beefingup the tris and shouolders to accomplish this goal.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:04 AM
k1117 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Sounds like great progress. Your determination seems very strong also, keep pushing.

How has the weight been doing? Last weigh-in was beginning of January, should be about due for another posting of measurements?!?!
Old 01-29-2003, 12:34 PM

LOL well I have not lost any more lbs, but another inch is gone from the waist and my biceps are .5 inch larger! So I am seeing some progress. I hope next week when I add walking 3x a week the lbs will come off faster.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:08 PM

Update time. Today was, chest and tris. Ok some highlights: Chest BP: 205x8....225x4(no spotter) then went and did 185 as many as I could get then to 135 as many. Got to 155x 8 on the incline. Tris a little heavier than last time but still in need of improvement. I think as I have done the same routine for a while it was time to change it up. I did db presses with65-70lbs then did 2 sets of kickback. Hit one set of close grips bench(do not like these at all). Then went to the press downs and rope pull down. All in all a great day for me as I felt at the end of each set like I could not get another rep! Also weighed in at just under 300. Like if I was naked(lol) it would have been 297. So some movement there. Friday is back and Bicep.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:09 PM

Oh yeah, I want to start to record how I felt etc. This work out was by far the best in terms of intnesity. It was done in 45 mins. I loved it felt huge and very strong. I hope to repeat this in other workouts. I felt like I maybe could have slowed it down a little to focus on the bench a little more. Will try that next week.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:30 PM

I have back and biceps tomorrow. I plan to hit back with 3 sets of chins (assisted). Bent rows and deadlifts. Last will be lat pulldowns. For BIs I am going to try to get 110 6 reps. Then do drop sets till I get down to 75. # sets of db curls and then preacher curls or cable curls.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:11 PM

wow What a workout. Went in intending to do my regular work out. I did get the chins done, then for some reason doing the same routine that I have done for a month did not seem the way to go. Instead of going right to BR I did an exercise I have not done before that much. It is a plate loading machine where you sit witha pad on your chest and grab handles. I worked my way up to 200 total weight(is that good I have nothing to base my guess on). It was a weight that I could just get the last 2 reps done. Then instead of deadlifts I did hyper extensions, WOW that really hit the lower back. To finish it all off i did some light BR and 2 sets of dead lifts. For biceps I started with barbell curls. 90-10 reps 100 8 reps 110 4 reps so I am close to the 10-8-6 reps range I want. Right after the last set of curls there I did 2 sets of as many reps as i could get at 60 and 40 and 20 lbs. the 3 sets of DB curls and on set on con curls. I could not itch my nose!!!!! All in all a great workout! I felt very strong and nothing felt wrong or out of place.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:19 PM

I did shoulders and legs on Sunday. It was a great workout for me. I hit the shoulders very hard, I got 135x8reps for the should press. I also had a new personal record for the barbell shrugs-I got 405 7times as my last set!!!!! Legs went well . good overall workout!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:14 PM

Today was chest and bi day. Still stuck at 4 reps for that last set of 225. I need to find a way to break that 6 rep block. I am thinking of finding a spotter for that. Any way got reps of 10-8-6 for my incline of 145-155-165. Also got 3 sets of machine flies. Nice overall chest workout. Next week a couple of changes: 1. only doing chest that day no other bodypart. The reason is I have only 45 minutes per workout and I really want to hit my goal of 250x 5 reps by the end of March. So I need to focus on the chest. 2. I plan to on each workout to try something different. Each main exercise (BP, BR, curls etc) the main mass bulider will stay the same, but the others will change each workout. So instead of doing the same exercises I switch it up more. 3. CARDIO----I do not care how but next week 3 days will be devoted to cardio!.

Ok also did Biceps today. That went we as I hit them hard with BB curls did not try for the 110lb but ogt 10 reps each for 80, 90 snd 5 for 100. I will try the 110 again next week.
Closed Thread