Mutt's Mutterings... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 08:02 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Mutt\'s Mutterings...

Ok thought I would actually put this in writing, for more to see than me. I have started to and stoped more attempts in the last few years to loose the size that I have. I am not to concerned about overall weight, but at 300 I need to loose. Now my goals are to loose 60lbs of bodyfat, to reach a bodyweight of 240. The way I plan to gauge this is by clothes. I was at that weight and fit into a size 42, that is the goal. If I weigh 250 and reach that ok that is fine. I have a year to reach this....My solution to do this is by diet and exercise of course. So any help on the diet front would help a lot. I know what to eat and that is about it. The biggest help is motivation to actually do the most important part the cardio! That is where I fall short I love to lift the weights but always shy away from the cardio. The other problem is that I have no gym or home equipment at home that I can use for a while...most likely till jan. So I am relying on pushups and some light dumbells that I have at home....any thoughts/advice?
Old 11-15-2002, 03:36 PM

Default Re: COUNTDOWN TO 240!

The plan for now since I am limited as to what type of workout is to focus on the cardio. I have a few different options open. I have Tae Bo, which I like. Also I have a mountain bike and as long as it is not icy out I can ride in most any temp. Or the old time tried and tested walking/running. So starting on Monday I am starting 3 day a week tae bo sessions. I am doing this with my wife as well which is great to hear for me. After the first week I plan to add another day to that but with either walking biking or running.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:57 PM
BB1 should change his/her status!
Rookie

You can do it Mutt. I will check in to see how you are doing. Glad you decided to start a journal. It really does help. Especially when it is out in public. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Melissa
Old 11-18-2002, 06:40 PM

Thanks I hope to tonight after I get home to get 60 pushups done with the taebo tape as well as a few sets of curls. My diet so far to day was:
meal 1: 2 whole brown chicken egs 3 egg whites with rye toast
10 oz skimm milk.
snack: I large apple
Meal 2: 1.5 cups brown rice/can of tuna and red pepper flakes.
1/4 gallon of water.
Meal 3: 1.5 cups brown rice/can of tuna and red pepper flakes.
Meal 4: Uncle Ben's Rice bowl spicey beef and brocoli.
Snack: I large apple.
Not sure of the last meal since I have not made it yet.
More tomorrow
Old 11-20-2002, 12:52 PM

fINALLY HAD THE TIME TO WORKOUT! GOT THE 30 MIN TAE-BO TAPE OUT, DUSTED IT OFF AND DID IT! WOW WHAT A WORKOUT AND PUMP FROM THAT. THEN AS THE BABY SLEPT IN HIS SWING I KNOCKED OFF 60 PUSHUPS IN 3 SETS. ALSO GOT IN 7 SETS OF BICEPS AS WELL. ALL IN ALL A GREAT FEELING AND BOY I AM TIRED.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:04 PM

Today I took off as I am very sore from the other day. However i do plan on hitting the taebo and triceps and forearms tomorrow. Diet is going well and I have a acct with fitday wich has opened my eyes. I am eating way to much in the form of carbs and not realizing it. I plan to cut out a lot, and on another note my wife finally woke up and realized that she needs to cut backa s well on the carbs.....YEAH!
Old 11-21-2002, 08:46 PM
BB1 should change his/her status!
Rookie

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: 7707MUTT:</font><hr> I plan to cut out a lot, and on another note my wife finally woke up and realized that she needs to cut backa s well on the carbs.....YEAH! <hr /></blockquote>

That is fantastic. You both will be looking and feeling better in no time. Although in your picture your arms look pretty good. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Melissa
Old 11-21-2002, 08:59 PM

Yeah thanks! They are my best bodypart and my favorite. I am so close to getting it all right. I dream about it and think and talk about it all the time. I am giving this 110% that by this time next year I will have reached all my goals.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:59 PM

Ok so my plan was to hit the cardio 3x this week I have tonight and the weekend to do so. Plans got put on hold on account of cranky baby. It was my turn to take care of him and he was a little fussy. SO I ended sleeping in. I hope to be able to get the tae-bo done at least tonight. Other news my diet is still strong and I feel good. We are going to look into carb cycling, any advice on that would be great.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:13 PM

Ok so it took a while to get back to this. I have not been able to do much....it seems that a house full of dogs, a sick wife and a 3 month old baby are too much for this muscle man to handle LOL. For now anyway. My diet is going well I have had a lot of coworkers ask if I have lost weight. I think so though the waist has stayed the same....but I have more defnition on my arms and shoulders. I have lifted like once a week, so I have done very little. Trying to get better at time management.
Closed Thread