Help need diet tips - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Vero should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Help need diet tips

Hi I'm new here I'm not a bodybuilder I'm just trying to tone up and loose weight maybe get a little bit of muscle of define my muscles. I don't know much about it and am not sure on what to eat I'm afraid if I do some of the diets that I saw posted, I will get fatter instead of loosing weight. I also saw that it was good to take flax oil but again i'm not sure if that would be good for me. I am 5'2 weight 145lbs and work out every day with the firm work out tapes they are a weight and cardio combination workout. I'm trying to define my muscle and loose weight today I had 3 eggs with ham and 2 toasts (wheat)for breakfast, 2 apples for snack, fish and rice for lunch, and also brought ham, wheat bread, lettuce and tomato to eat it 2 hours before my work out and I'm not sure what I will have for dinner.... Am I eating too much????? or is it OK???? Help me please .......
Old 09-04-2002, 07:55 PM
Thigmotaxi should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Help need diet tips

Hey, the firm is a great start to bodybuilding for women.
Sounds like you are doing well. Do not push yourself to
eat more than you would eat normally. If you are just beginning just go with your current knowledge and read and expand over time. Get into the workouts and stay into the workouts. Knowing that you are getting good workouts will inspire you to learn to eat well. Diet alone never works.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:37 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Help need diet tips

Read thru this site, especially the nutrition section and check out some of the other women's journals here on the site to see what we're doing. None of us are wanting to get all big and manly looking, just nice and toned (for the most part) like you. So you can follow advice from this site (especially the women), have no fear, it won't get you all big or anything like that. Believe me, you have to really work at it to get big. I'd suggest starting out by tailoring one of the fat burning diets presented here to yourself and basically just keep reading and learning. It's a big learning process to find out how your body reacts to diet changes. You have to find what works best for you and go from there, only you can find out what really works and what doesn't. But take a look at a lot of the women's journals here to see what we're eating, that should at least give you some basic guidelines. When starting out, it should be more a matter of cutting out foods you shouldn't be eating rather than cutting any calories. Just start with the basics, 5-6 meals a day, no starchy carbs at night, etc. Starting a journal here of your own with what you're eating and when, and how you're training is probably your best bet as far as getting good help/advice. I would also recommend you check out www.fitday.com as you can keep track of your calories and macronutrients (protein, carbs, fat) there. I was really keeping up with many of the women's journals, helping them out, advising them on diet and training, but recently my time has become very limited so I'm unable to give as much personal attention. Anyway, start a journal then you'll get some better advice. [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread