Trying to get from where I am to where I want to be...need feedback... - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 04:11 AM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Trying to get from where I am to where I want to be...need feedback...

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by strivetoachieve:</font><hr /> Thanks for being concerned, I am hard on myself thats the sort of person I am, I keep on pushing the limits till I get to my destination, but now in my way all these health problems have come, I do take a good multivitamin, vitamin C, antioxidant, and glutamine, I do vary my training, heavy/light and I guess the light weeks are my rest, but I know what you mean, I am due for a vacation, maybe in couple of months, thanks again for your compassion <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="purple"> Here's a little info that might help you:
In lean individuals, the issue is not leptin resistance, but low plasma concentrations of leptin. So lean folks have to induce their body fat into synthesizing and secreting enough leptin to reach the HT. Otherwise, neuropeptide Y (NPY) and other factors will upregulate and increase the appetite. In addition, dysfunctions appear in other metabolic shifts and body systems. The metabolism slows, immune functions are suppressed, and the reproduction axes are interrupted.

While leptin levels are highly associated with body fat mass, the more important determinant is energy balance. Long-term usage of a diet that is calorically deficient will cause leptin levels to decrease. One way, and ultimately the easiest way, to prevent this is to incorporate refeed days. Depending on what the current body fat mass is, a person can integrate a day or two of higher than maintenance calories with ample carbohydrates. Insulin has a transient up-regulation effect on leptin levels. A day or two of refeeding will increase leptin levels and ‘reset’ the metabolism. As well, assuring adequate zinc and vitamin E have been shown to increase leptin levels in humans.

This goes back to my mentioning in my earlier post about cycling your food intake. I do this myself and it makes a world of difference. I see changes in my physic every 2-3days.
Margie
</font color>

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 08-31-2002, 01:42 PM
strivetoachieve should change his/her status!

Default Re: Trying to get from where I am to where I want to be...need feedback...

I did try cyclying, it didn't work that great as even increase a bit of food (whether it was protein/carb or fat) made me very full and uneasy , so I discoverd this new way , I ate the same day in and out and as I was training hard, and building muscle my body needed more food to maintain it, hence I increased calories gradually, and it worked, if I go back to cyclying thats a yo-yo effect on me, as far as such low bf is concerned, genecially I am lean, I have a high metabolism naturally but a small frame and smaller stomach. I can lose and gain weight/muscle very fast.
How do you cycle??
Old 08-31-2002, 10:41 PM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I cycle 3days low with no starchy and one day high, only i just carb up in one meal. The very last meal at night rather than throughout the entire day.

Even now, with my new cutting cycle, i will be carbing up on Monday and Thursdays only.
I'll post my diet on my page.
I understand the concept of being naturally lean, but i feel we can still make some good changes if you are willing to give it a try.
Because you've basically trained your body to eat a certain way, introducing new foods may be a little difficult, but in the long run, more beneficial.

let me know what you think,
Margie

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 09-02-2002, 08:33 PM
strivetoachieve should change his/her status!

Default what do think about this new diet

Hi Margie,
I am planning to start this diet in two days, but before I do that, I would like to get everyones feedback, make changes and start my way to achieving my goals, how would you suggest me cyclying???

TOTAL CAL 1710
CARB 150
PROTEIN 185
FAT 33
WEIGHT 105
HEIGHT 5 FEET 21/2 FEMALE: 28 YRS
BODY FAT 12% 32-25-32
GOAL: MORE MUSCLE

BREAKFAST: 40g slow cooking oats, 1/2 apple, 1tsp flaxmeal, 1/2 cup skim milk, 5 eggwhites with veggies
C45 P28 F4- CAL330

after workout: whey with 1 cup non fat yogurt, 2 tsp flaxmeal, 1/2 banana, glutamine
C20 P28 F1 CAL 220

after 2 hrs
(pancake)made from 1/4 cup chickpea flour, 2 eggwhites, 1/2 can low sodium water packed tuna, veggies(mushroom, onion, bell-pepper, garlic ginger), 1 slice soya cheese, 1/2 oz avocado
C32 P33 F7 CAL 340

after 3 hrs
pancake made from 1/4 cup barley flour, 1tsp all-natural baking powder,whey, 2 eggwhits, 2tsp all-natural peanut butter, with no-sugar syrup
C30 P33 F6 CAL 270

after 3 hrs
1 cup non fat cottage cheese with nuts, sunflower seeds, 1Tbsp wheatgerm (high in zinc, vitamine E), 1 scoop whey
C12 P34 F6 CAL 250

after 3 hrs
1cup unsweetened soya milk (only C4 per cup), 3 oz chicken breast, greens, 1tsp flaxseed oil
C10 P33 F12- CAL 300
Closed Thread