creatine question - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 01:55 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default creatine question

hi all -

i have been wondering if any of the women on this forum take creatine? i have been thinking about it, but am clueless as to whether it is beneficial and which kind to take and is best for women (if there is one). i am not trying to "bulk up", rather just trying to obtain more lean muscle.

thanks!
Old 08-29-2002, 02:33 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: creatine question

I have taken it before. I have to say I didn't really notice much results from it if I was taking in plenty of carbohydrates but when I'm doing low carbs (or low for me) then is when I notice a difference. It helps my energy and strength level last longer. So I would say go ahead and give it a shot, see if it works for you.

Right now my plans are to only use creatine right before I compete at the National Championships for inline speed skating. But anyway, if you decide to try it, buy the kind with the "Creapure" logo on it or a brand that says it was made at SKW labs as this is the purest form, some of the others are cheaply made with fillers and other stuff that can cause side effects. I've always used Sci-Fit brand myself and never had any problems altho it doesn't say where it's made. And depending on your goals, if you are wanting to get defined (toned) more, then I wouldn't buy the kind with added sugar. If it doesn't mattter to you, then it's just personal preference. Hope this helps. Oh and welcome to Abc! I hope you stick around and hang out with us! It's a pleasure having other athletic women like yourself join! [img]/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Nony should change his/her status!
Rookie

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by soccerchick:</font><hr /> hi all -

i am not trying to "bulk up", rather just trying to obtain more lean muscle.

<hr /></blockquote>

I agree (of course!) with Krypto. Also remember, if you are one of those types of women that freak out if they see the scale creep up - creatine will make you hold water and you will weigh more.

Old 08-30-2002, 05:04 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Creatine makes me recover faster after a work out but it also makes me hold water, so I don't take it often.

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Closed Thread