Help! How to Stop Cravings! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Help! How to Stop Cravings!

Everyone I know knows I have an addiction problem... to FOOD! Especially food that is BAD for me. How does everyone deal with cravings for garbage?
I've been on a low carb, high protein diet supplemented with shakes (which pretty much handles the chocolate cravings) but there is nothing out there that I find an adequate subtitute for a juicy burger. i wonder sometimes if it is my diet - but it seems that no matter what I eat, I still want junk food. It really sabotages all the hard work I do at the gym.

Right now my diet is: Meal 1post workout) protein shake (made w/milk) with 1 tsp flaxseed oil, oatmeal
Meal 2: chicken breast + steamed broccoli
Meal 3: protein shake (w/water) + raw veg + dip/dressing
Meal 4: tuna salad (mayo, celery, diced pickle, no bread), maybe an apple
Meal 5: chicken breast/tuna steak + veg
Meal 6: protein shake
Sometimes I stick a fat free yogurt in there too..

It's working great for the most part, but hard to stick to on really hectic days where I'm on the road. I try to be good, packing my little cooler and dragging it around with me, but sometimes those Golden Arches are irresistable!!

However, to make things even more complicated, soon I will probably have to cut out dairy and most animal products, so I'm sort of stressed - especially since animal products means NO BURGERS and NO CHICKEN BREASTS! I have to go on this diet b/c I hope to get pregnant in the next year and won't be able to take the medication I need for my cholesterol.

Anyway, any ideas? I don't want to have to keep starting all over again just b/c my body craves grease, I want to cope with it and be able to work hard.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Dave. should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Help! How to Stop Cravings!

Heh, I unintentionally found a great way to get off greasy food (this should work for all sexes). Rule number one, if you get a craving and it isnt time for good food, drink water until you are full. Rule number 2. Go without grease for a few months. Let the cravings go away. Go back to MickyDs and order one burger. If you dont puke from having crappy food after such a long time of clean food I dont know what will work [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] All about will power!
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cant change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the wisdom to know the difference. And while you're at it, please let the Sabres win the Stanley Cup :-D
Old 08-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Mrs_Centricity should change his/her status!

I agree if you don't eat the junk for even 3 weeks you'll find you just don't want it anymore.

Besides it's not like the craving goes away when you have that burger, you just feel bad for having it and the next day you'll want another anyway, why put yourself through that.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:48 PM
TheRealButterfly should change his/her status!
Stranger

I feel for you... I go through the same thing myself. I even asked the same question on another BB site.

To help the physical craving the flaxseed oil and even peanut butter can help.

The mental craving is what I battle with. It's a big mind game.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:35 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Yeah, it's my mind that's the hardest body part to whip into shape... thanx Butterfly for the empathy! Nice to know that I'm not alone...
Old 08-22-2002, 07:15 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Something that I have just discovered that works for me when I have too many sugar/carb cravings: Eat more good fat!!!!

Seriously, it works!! I eat more fish oil, nuts or other good fat and it helps controling my appetite.

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 08-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Jacques D should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by TrackManDave:</font><hr /> Heh, I unintentionally found a great way to get off greasy food (this should work for all sexes). Rule number one, if you get a craving and it isnt time for good food, drink water until you are full. Rule number 2. Go without grease for a few months. Let the cravings go away. Go back to MickyDs and order one burger. If you dont puke from having crappy food after such a long time of clean food I dont know what will work [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] All about will power! <hr /></blockquote>

I did that with Coke (the beverage). I was a 3 can a day addict. I quit cold turkey and started drinking carbonated water if I needed something to "scratch" my throat. At first I hated the taste so I mixed it with a little OJ, then eventually I learnt to drink it without the juice. I now have no desire whatsoever to drink another can of Coke.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:19 PM
mike_SD should change his/her status!

i used to be a heavy soda drinker myself. but then when i think about dark colas, i think about phosphoric acid. so the next time you think about drinking a coke, think about drinking phosphoric acid. yum? *puke*
Old 08-27-2002, 07:08 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

And chew gum!!!! It keeps your mouth occupied with something!!!

I must admit that I hate to be hungry..... I don't want to eat too much and in the same time I don't want to eat not enough..... (is that logical? lol)

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Closed Thread