icehawk's Workout Journal (comments welcome) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 12:55 AM
icehawk is .
Light-Heavyweight

Default icehawk\'s Workout Journal (comments welcome)

CURRENT STATS:
Height: 6'2
Weight: 172 lbs
Body Fat: 12.7%

GOAL BY FEBRUARY:
Weight: 190 lbs
Body Fat: 12%

I'm mainly looking to go for a clean bulk. I know I'll gain some fat, but I can usually shred it pretty easy. My 6-day split can be found HERE and my average diet can be found HERE.

Monday, August 12th

NUTRITION:
Today was pretty much the same as what my average diet. Oh, and I'm starting to have protein pancakes in the morning rather than dull plain oatmeal. 1 pancake is 3 egg whites, half a cup of oatmeal and a dash of cinnamon blended up and thrown on the pan and eaten with sugarfree syrup. And another thing, I tried Whey with water for my post-workout drink... disgusting, but who cares, my muscles are starving.

TRAINING:
Since it's Monday, it's PECS. Probably my favourite body part to work other than maybe shoulders.

Warm-up:
2 minutes of stretching
5 minutes of the exercise bike
1 set of flat dumbbell benchpresses (20lbs DBs)

Flat Dumbbell Benchpresses:
Set 1&2 - 50lbs DBs / 8 reps
I think I went too light, however I had amazing form. I bought the dumbbell to the point they were almost touching my shoulder following with a slow negative.

Incline Dumbbell Benchpresses:
Set 1&2 - 45lbs DBs / 8 reps
Again, with great form and a slow negative, however I almost failed on the second set. I needed to use rest-pause on the 7th rep to finish up.

Decline Dumbbell Benchpresses:
Set 1 - 50lbs DBs / 9 reps
Setting up was kind of uncomfortable. I haven't done these for a month or two. Like the flat benchpresses, I could have gone heavier and will be going to 55lbs DBs for both exercises next Monday.

Incline Pec Deck Machine:
Set 1 - 160lbs / 8 reps
For some reason, inner chest workouts seem to be a strength for me. Lots of my buddies have a hard time with 100 lbs while I can do 140 lbs no problem. Anyways, I used a static hold of 1.5 seconds for the first 4 reps but I just squeezed out the other half.

Pec Fly Machine:
Set 1 - 155lbs / 9 reps
I used a 2 second static hold for each rep and I thought it would kill me. This totally destroyed my pectorals and finished my workout.

All and all, one of my better workouts. I'll probably increase the Flat and Decline Benchpress dumbbells by 5lbs and add another 5 to the machines. Can't wait until tomorrow; back day!

Old 08-14-2002, 01:03 AM
icehawk is .
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: icehawk\'s Workout Journal (comments welcome)

Tuesday, August 13th

NUTRITION:
Stuck to the program. Threw in a turkey burger. Those things are **** tasty.

TRAINING:
Tuesday means back. It's pretty much all lats. This day needs a little tweaking... I'll adjust it for next week.

Warm-up:
2 minutes of stretching
2 sets of 50 crunches
2 sets of 50 reverse crunches
50 torso-twists w/ broomstick

Chin-ups:
Set 1 - Body Weight / 9 reps
I haven't done ordinary chin-ups for ages. Next week, I'll cough up a couple more repitions.

Lateral Pulldown:
Set 1 - 130lbs / 8 reps
Set 2 - 140lbs / 8 reps
This is my first week so for lots of the exercises I started a little too light. This is one of them. Next week, I'll try two 140lbs sets.

Chin-up Machine:
Set 1 - 160lbs / 9 reps
Set 2 - 170lbs / 8 reps
Like the lat pulldown, went too light on the first set for my liking. Normally, I do these after 10-12 other sets so doing them after just 3 other lat sets was so much easier with no pre-fatigue.

Seated Cable Row:
Set 1 - 160lbs / 8 reps
These were real hard to squeeze out, because after the chin-up machine, my lats were destroyed.

Lower Back Extension:
Set 1 - Body Weight + 10lbs plate / 10 reps
These are a must. Too many people forget about their lower back.

So to finalize, my lats are real sore and I can't imagine how they're going to feel tomorrow. The lateral pulldown and chin-up machine weights will be increased for next week. Plus, I'm probably going to add another exercise.
Closed Thread