what is the point? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Sara B should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default what is the point?

Hi everyone

i am curious about what the point of theis seperate forum is. I mean we train like the guys and the nutrition is the same although we often get smaller portions because we are smaller overall but why are we being segregated?

are we supposed to be chatting about pms and bras and little pink dumbbells? sharing makeup tips?

it seems like if I post a question here instead of on the regular forums i am limiting the useful feedbak i will get. maybe not much though since plenty of guys are posting in here anyway.

am i missing the point? thanks!
Old 08-04-2002, 12:03 AM
Jolie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: what is the point?

I see what you're saying but on the other hand, it's always good to have women to turn to because whether we like it or not, we are different than the boys. Our bodies do have different nutritional requirements, we adapt to things differently and so on.

It's not only about the physical/physiological differences but also the emotional and phychological differences. I've made some really good friends on ABC, some guys, some girls. This just kind of gives the girls a place to address certain things that the boys may not relate to...ya know...

To be honest, I really don't think ANY of the ABC girls want to talk about pink dumbbells so don't worry about that!! [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] But ya, you can talk about an awesome new sports bra if ya want!! [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hope that helped light it up a bit for ya! [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2002, 12:36 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

<font color="666666">Did someone just say... " sports bra " ?!!!</font color>

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 08-04-2002, 12:49 AM
Middleweight

Yup I sure did!! [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Uh!! Oh no...did I say a girl word?? lol

Old 08-04-2002, 05:01 AM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Gee,
it seems to me that if you've read any of the new forums here that there is not a mention of "little pink dumbells"
and only talk of good old fashioned training.

And i would like to add that we've had some pretty awsome gentlemen making posts right along with us here.

If you are finding the feedback that you need then that's really the key isn't it?

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 08-04-2002, 09:10 AM
ementz should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I think maybe the point is some of the Ladies like to feel they have their own "space". Trust me the last thing most of "us" guys want is to segregate/seperate from the opposite sex! And on that note anything that might increase participation here at ABC from the finer gender is worth having. I think JW has an alterior motive here, he's hoping this'll increase the number of ladies posting pic's!!!
Old 08-04-2002, 09:33 AM
luvmypt should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Don't get me wrong, I love reading the Training forum but as a relatively new lifter, I get a little confused when the constant theme in all the threads are GET BIG, GET BULKY,Get Freaky, GET HUGE. Now before I get hit with a ton of GIRLS CAN"T GET THAT WAY UNLESS STEROIDS ARE USED, let me just say 'My brain knows that'.

I just don't know when that terminology is used what that translates into women's muscle development.

If I want Linda Hamilton (Terminator II) arms, do I train for 'big, bulky,huge' training style or do I go for
heavy, low reps. See what I mean?

If my personal goal is to turn this thin,pear shape of mine into something more proportionate, what should my strategy be?

If I want to squat 200 lbs and be able to do a wide grip pull up, do I just ignore all the comments about growing 'thickness' in my lats and assume this is what I need to do to accomplish my goal?

Didn't mean to ramble but I think there are enough gals on board who have accomplished some serious body goals that could help me and others like me to get out of this stagnant lifting routine.

Old 08-04-2002, 11:19 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by Sara B:</font><hr /> Hi everyone

i am curious about what the point of theis seperate forum is. I mean we train like the guys and the nutrition is the same although we often get smaller portions because we are smaller overall but why are we being segregated?

are we supposed to be chatting about pms and bras and little pink dumbbells? sharing makeup tips?

it seems like if I post a question here instead of on the regular forums i am limiting the useful feedbak i will get. maybe not much though since plenty of guys are posting in here anyway.

am i missing the point? thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

What is the point? Yeah, I'd say you're missing the point. Well, let me see, see if I can think of them all. And I might mention the other gals made great points as well (and I'll probably end up repeating some)!

1. support/encouragement
2. no matter how many times a guy tells a girl that she won't get big from lifting, etc, etc, seems at least 80% of women would rather hear it coming from another woman who has "been there, done that".
3. to learn from each other, what works, what doesn't from personal experience
4. see how other women are dieting &amp; training, again going back to the fact that "well if SHE is doing that, then it should work very similar for me".
5. easier to relate sometimes woman to woman
6. guys many times have completely different goals than we women
7. and sure, to talk about girlie things, like how you may find yourself having trouble finding clothes to fit you right even though you actually look better, kinda hard to talk to guys about the way sports bras fit and other girlie things like how getting leaner affects your menstrual cycle (cause it does), etc

See the point now? You have no idea how awesome having a women's forum is! I am a member of another BB forum with a women's discussion forum and believe me, it's of GREAT benefit, makes you feel even more at home being able to talk to other women who are into fitness, being able to relate about things guys can't relate with you about! This is the best thing yet for Abc, you'll see!
Old 08-05-2002, 01:50 AM
Middleweight

Nicely summed up Krypto!! [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2002, 04:25 AM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Krypto summed it up. Plus I think that everyone should have as many resources as possible. As this forum builds up over the next couple of months you will find it a great resource on top of all the other forums on the site. Building a physique, in any way is a very difficult procedure. Why not have as many resources as possible to aid you.

And ultimately, there are a tremendous amount of great female athletes in both the fitness world, and the bodybuilding world. I'd like to open up abcbodyuidling to that tremendous talent. As all of us will benefit from it.

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Closed Thread