Gimme your perspective - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 07:24 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Gimme your perspective

That IS cool! So they don't think you should go into the show below 10%? If so, that's GREAT news! Cool beans! Yeah, it's strange how people can look soo much different even at the same weight and body fat. Some will still look leaner than others! I finally hit 15%, that's what I calipered out at just before going to Nationals and I'm actually pretty happy with it. I would like my bicep veins to show a bit more (like other than when I'm doing tricep dips, lol), would like a bit crisper definition in my abs, and some more leg definition but that's small stuff really. So I would still like to be a bit leaner but I don't think I'm far off from what I want at all.

You know what? Jeremiah is the same guy who has been writing my husband's diets! Yeah, and I'd agree, he does seem very good. I'm not sure what I want to do. I don't know if this diet isn't right for me or not. So you think I should tell him about my being hungry all the time and sometimes feeling like I'm friggin starving and how some of my lifts went down? I guess it couldn't hurt but I just don't want to sound like a whiner.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:41 PM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Girl don't worry about telling him anything!
He can't help you if you don't know. and anyway, he upped my calories today because i told him i was getting hungry at about the 2.5hr mark and increased my protein.

I think if your husband is having good results, and i am, then how can you lose?

go for it.

Your vascularity will come in the longer you maintain a lower bodyfat condition.
My abs and my vascularity both show @ 16% now that i've dropped down a few times.

By the time i hit 12, i'll be popping all over the place! Geez...wait til show day! lol!

Do let me know what you do. And give Jeremiah my name if you like...
I can't wait to hear what you decide.
Margie

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 08-04-2002, 03:58 AM
Menace should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Sorry for posting here but I just have to drop a quick message to all you ladies. Something for motivation or whatever you may call it.

I workout in the gym all the time and I see this lady working out too. She is not bulky like men but of course feminine muscularity which is cool. She does deadlifts, squats, leg press, dumbbell press with 55's, free weights, curls you name it. And I was like, that's what I'm talking about.

I would be impress to see women doing the same thing 'cause I'm pretty sure that all you ladies can do it. Your strength is lower than men but it doesn't men you can't do what guys can do to develop your bodies.

There is no such thing as getting too BIG!
BACK TO BASICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...b/df8d8298.jpg
Old 08-04-2002, 04:57 AM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by dennis the menace:</font><hr /> Sorry for posting here but I just have to drop a quick message to all you ladies. Something for motivation or whatever you may call it.

I workout in the gym all the time and I see this lady working out too. She is not bulky like men but of course feminine muscularity which is cool. She does deadlifts, squats, leg press, dumbbell press with 55's, free weights, curls you name it. And I was like, that's what I'm talking about.

I would be impress to see women doing the same thing 'cause I'm pretty sure that all you ladies can do it. Your strength is lower than men but it doesn't men you can't do what guys can do to develop your bodies. <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you Dennis..the menace!! lol!

I totally agree with you..

I am a woman through and through.
But i hold my own for sure when it comes to my training. It didn't happen overnight, but it worth all the hard work i put into it.
[img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Margie

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 08-07-2002, 11:45 PM
MissMargaret should change his/her status!
Rookie

<font color="blue">I train with my hubby too, but I tend to take it more seriously than he does. I really want it right now. He's kind of on the fence in terms of bulking and would rather cut most times. But the overall principal for me is that I lift big all the time and I feed according to what I am trying to accomplish at the time. My weight is just lower than most of the guys - but not all I've noticed of late. In fact, sometimes I get comments from some of the guys at my gym due to my determination and extra drive to get in one more rep ...something that a lot of them fall short of doing.

I've done more cutting than bulking, but like Krypto have plans to bulk when the weather starts to cool and sounds like in much the same way ... would love to have a discussion about that later in the summer.

I know the comfort of having you experienced gals around will be insiring for those of us still on the rise to our best bodies.

Thanks for the great start to a great forum.

Miss M

</font color>

Old 08-08-2002, 02:02 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by MissMargaret:</font><hr /> <font color="blue">... In fact, sometimes I get comments from some of the guys at my gym due to my determination and extra drive to get in one more rep ...something that a lot of them fall short of doing.

Miss M

</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Me too! I get comments like, "you're doing almost as much weight as me", or "I've never seen a woman work out as hard as you do", or just whispers here and there commenting on the weight I'm pushing. Feels good, doesn't it!

And oh my gosh, this reminds me, gotta tell ya this, it just fits here. I posted this story on Meso's journal too just cause it fit but anyway, so there's this guy who works here at the gym and he's on steroids. Sooo, you'd think he'd be working out harder than most. Ha, ha, ha! In actuality he is a typical example of someone who just wants to pop a pill and have it do all the work for him! Anyway, so he asks me to workout chest with him earlier this week. So I do. And omg, so funny, I got stuff like, "oh, I'm not ready yet, these breaks are too short I'm used to resting longer". LMAO! Then he's all like, "I'm gonna go heavy this time, like 6 reps or less". I saw RIGHT thru that one! I said, "oh stop trying to get out of reps, just stick with one thing!" Then I go off about how he can't hang with me, LMAO!

Then yesterday, he decides to do shoulders and is asking me what exercises to do. So I tell him if he really wants to tear his shoulders up to go upstairs on the life circuit machine and put it on extra weight for the negative and go down real slow. Okay, so, a few minutes later I go upstairs to do abs. I go over to where he's working out to see what he's doing and OMG! I see, get this, he's only pushing 45 lbs!!!!! I'm like, "okay, you gotta be kidding me, is this your warm-up set?" So he says, "no, my second set". I busted up laughing and I'm like, "dude, I push up that much weight!! Put some more friggin' weight on there, you wussy!" And he says, "I'm going light". LMAO! "Well going light just means you FAIL at a higher rep range!" I'm like, "I KNOW you can push WAY more weight than that seeing as how you had to come show me up the one day on smith machine shoulder press, you pushed up the weight I was pushing with ONE arm, so you oughtta be doing at least TWICE what I do on that machine!" I told him if he didn't increase the weight I was gonna walk around telling everyone he works out like a girl cause he can't even shoulder press more weight than me! LMAO!

Just had to share, so funny, and it just fit the topic.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:39 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

The only real difference that I have noticed between us and the men when it comes to weight training, is that women seem to stretch more...... Get longer and leaner muscles by stretching a lot more.

Secondly, most active women also seem to be born cardio queens. It's not before after a while that they realize that you'll get more results by cutting down the cardio, do more weight training and eat more.

Experience.

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Closed Thread