Come on girls!!! (and I said GIRLS!) - Page 6 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 12:02 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Come on girls!!! (and I said GIRLS!)

Welcome ladies! Welcome to our ever growing family of "addicted to lifting" women! Glad ta have ya! Getting in shape and feeling great is wonderful, isn't it!
Old 08-18-2002, 07:38 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by Cece:</font><hr /> Hi there,
I'm Cece and have also been lurking around this site for about 8 months - my husband loves it. I'm 29, been married for almost 5 years, and work with homeless and mentally ill persons on the streets. After being diagnosed in Dec. 2000 with a potentially life-threatening liver disorder (they're still not sure what it is) which blew my cholesterol and risk of cardiac arrest through the roof, my husband signed us up at the local gym. I wasn't overweight (but also not very fit or active) or sick or anything, just my innards were rebelling! Now, after about 13 months, I am totally addicted to going to the gym and lifting. Need work on sticking to a diet but otherwise, my cholesterol is almost normal and I feel way fitter! YAY! <hr /></blockquote>

Great choice of yours!!!!
It's great to know that weight training and living a healthy life style can help fighting illness!
All the very best luck to you!!!

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 08-19-2002, 08:47 PM
Destinado should change his/her status!

Hi, my name is Susie, I'm an accountant [no it's not boring, plenty of laughs from clients - you'd never BELIEVE some of the things they try to get away with...], I have a 10 year old son [going on 20], 3 horses [1 Andalucian stallion, similar to Spanish Riding School Horses], am single, 5' 4" and 40.

Got into BB about 18 months ago, purely by accident and now I just can't stop doing it - it's VERY addictive, isn't it?

<font color="red">Krypto </font color> - been reading your journal, brilliant reading

<font color="blue">Sicily </font color> - saw your pic's, they are great, what was your BF% in those pics, can you post/email me your diet sheet?

All female, all the time
Old 08-22-2002, 03:05 PM
MissVmax should change his/her status!
Rookie

I am Debbie. I am 5'4, 108 lbs and 34 years old. I am at 16.5% bf, lift 4 days a week and do cardio 4-5 days a week. I am also thinking about starting some Yoga for more flexibility.

I have 2 kids, 8 and 10. I started working out (mostly cardio) when my oldest child was a year old. My weight was down but I was flabby. I got really skinny, 99lbs, then got pregnant again. After my second child I started working 1 day a week with a trainer and learned about incoroprating more lifting into my workouts. He also gave me lots of info on eating right to gain muscle.

I got pretty serious about lifting about 2 years ago and am thinking about training for a Figures competition. It's nice to meet other women who are into fitness.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:22 PM
Destinado should change his/her status!

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by MissVmax:</font><hr />
He also gave me lots of info on eating right to gain muscle. <hr /></blockquote>

Don't suppose you'd like to share that info, cos I seem to be in a pretty big rut at the moment!

All female, all the time
Old 08-23-2002, 10:54 AM
MissVmax should change his/her status!
Rookie

This is what works for me as far as my diet is concerned. I will preface by saying that I have never been overweight and have been trying to gain weight and mass.

I try to take in between 1 to 1.5 grams of protien per pound of body weight (108-150 grams/day). I eat 6 meals a day and that includes 2 shakes. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the amount of fat and carbs I take in but I try to keep my calorie intake at about 1900 cal/day. I also take between 8-9 grams of Glutamine, 1 gram each of Flax and Fish Oil and a multi vitamin every day. Oh and water, water, water.

Let me know if you want a sample menu of what and when I eat and I will be happy to jot it down. Hope this helps!