Come on girls!!! (and I said GIRLS!) - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 07:05 PM
boomba-hey should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Come on girls!!! (and I said GIRLS!)

Hi my name is Gina and I am 43 years young. Not married but have two wonderful puppies ( ****er spaniel and a dachsund ). I've been checking out this web site for a long time and finally have had the guts to post. I currently am a elementary physical education teacher (21 years) and love the youth that my students give me. I've been lifting for 17 years and love every minute that I'm in the gym. Was very active in high school and went on to play collegiate volleyball and softball. Have had some knee surgries (6) for various reasons ( acl reconstruction, mcl attachment, lateral releases, and on and on ). My biggest turn around has been cutting out soda completely and eating healthy. This has been my biggest challenge because I was the junk food queen. I was lucky that I received my dad's ability to keep weight off. Since this change I feel and look better. Wish I could of figured this out years ago.
Things are on the up swing and keep this web site going.

Tootles from Bommba-hey
[img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Reebok03 should change his/her status!
Rookie

hahaha animal is tyte
Old 08-03-2002, 11:03 AM
tattoodmom should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hi!
I am a 35 yr old single mom of an 8 yr old boy in Minnesota.
I have been working in the construction field for years but decided to quit & go to college full time(which I will start the end of aug.) I hope to become a dental hygienist.

I started working out the end of Feb. & have lost 30 lbs so far..I am starting to see my muscle under those layers of fat.
I have invested my money in a bench, about 300 lbs of weights, a treadmill & I also have an eliptical machine..oh & I also have a lat machine..so no excuses about not working out for me!! I started with BFL & have modified my whole routine both nutrition & lifting to work for me!!
Thanks for all the info everyone has givin me even though I hardly ever post!!

Jackie
Old 08-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Jolie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Alright...well first of all, Krypto and I have one thing in common...we don't post short replies...lol [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'll start with welcoming all the new ladies to the boards. You're gonna love it here and I applaud any and all of you for making weight training a regular part of your healthy lifestyle! [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Philia and Sicily, you girls ROCK!! You are definitely awesome inspirations to the women of the boards. (Ladies, check out their pics in the members pictures forum.) Keep on training hard and Sicily, all the best in the October competition, although I'm sure I'll talk to ya by then! [img]/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

dixipixie, I support you all the way in your efforts to stop smoking. I was once a smoker a myself. Smoked for 3years then one day, out of nowhere, threw my pack of cigarettes which was still half full right in the garbage can! Haven't touched one since...not even just once! Will power girl...YOU CAN DO IT!!

KRUKKER!!!! How the heck are ya girl?? I haven't talked to you in such a long time!! Glad to hear your workouts are still going great!!

Animal huney, you're so funny...but what about our summer beach wedding?? [img]/forum/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Guess Jolie's gonna have to cross over...

Big Pappa B...whu ew kallen dumm?? lol

Lauren, it's so great to finally have you come on the boards!! We have heard soooo much about you!!

tatoodmom...awesome tattoos!!

Now for me, well I'm a 20yr-old University student studying Nutrition in South-Western Ontario, Canada. Not married, no kids (thank goodness!) but I do have a 2yr old female cat named Pecan. I love her sooooo much. Some people call me Jolie because apparently I look exactly like her...sometimes I see the resemblance...actually I have to admit that the picture under my name looks exactly like me...but it's her! Regardless of that I am absolutely obsessed with her!! Have almost all her movies, have seen all of them, have posters of her, tons of articles...bla bla bla...She's awesome. Been weight training for about 2yrs now and I'm planning on training for a bodybuilding competition sometime in the next five years. For now, my studies are priority and working out is for general overall health and fitness benefits. My favourite colour is purple and I am addicted to lipgloss...as bubble-gum-blue-eyed-blonde-haired-bimbo as that makes me seem, I looooove lipgloss!! (Uh oh...to be honest, I do have blue eyes and blonde hair...eek!!) I'm not a bimbo but am totally a strong charactered kind of person in the sense that I don't take crap from anyone.

Whew!! I'm sure if I forgot anything, Animal or Big_Dally will be here filling you all in! [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Again, I applaud all the new ladies and I'm in love with the idea of having a forum just for us...although the boys are still lurking in here...~Jolie shakes her head~

So ladies, GO BIG OR GO HOME!! [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2002, 05:08 AM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Jolie,
thank you girl for all the compliments, not only to myself but to all the ladies here on the board!

Obviously, this is more of a lifestyle for us than a hobbie...

gee, i can't imagine this being a hobbie! lol! [img]/forum/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I wanted to take this opportunity to say hello and let you all know that i truly enjoy reading all of your posts and am constantly on here! (Geez...i need to get a life!!) LOL!

Back and Bi's today...i'll post later.
Margie

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 08-04-2002, 08:12 AM
TheAnimal should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by Jolie:</font><hr />Animal huney, you're so funny...but what about our summer beach wedding?? [img]/forum/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Guess Jolie's gonna have to cross over...<hr /></blockquote>~Animla tries to think of a funny respone~

~fails dismally due to it being early and a lack of sleep~

Animal

In 1979 a being was born into a cruel and merciless world for a lifetime of mundane tasks and boredom,
This being promptly escaped from this world into the Bodybuilding underground,
Today still wanted by the government he’s survives as a solider of pain,
If you have a plateau,
If no one else can shift it,
And if you can find him,
Maybe you can hire [Name color:"red"]THE ANIMAL![/Name color]

BODYBUILDING ANIMAL STYLE
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color]FAQ's[Name color:"white"]............[/Name color] Workout
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] &lt;&lt;&lt;[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]Biceps[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]&gt;&gt;&gt;
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] &lt;&lt;&lt;[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]Shoulders[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]&gt;&gt;&gt;
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] &lt;&lt;&lt;[Name color:"white"].......[/Name color]Ab's[Name color:"white"]......[/Name color] &gt;&gt;&gt;
[Name color:"white"]......[/Name color]&gt;&gt;&gt; Diet Advice &lt;&lt;&lt;
Old 08-05-2002, 12:24 PM
talred66 should change his/her status!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 36 year old single mom of 2 boys (18/13). I became interested in weight training after going on a crash diet about 4 years ago which dropped from me 165 to 130lbs. Unfortunately, I lost body fat and muscle in the process. I joined the gym to put some muscle and shape back on my body. I gained 20 lbs the first year. I'm 5'11 and currently holding steady between 145 - 150. I've had a couple major setbacks: emergency abdominal surgery which kept me from lifting for 8 weeks - great opportunity to hit the cardio though and a jet ski accident a year ago which landed me with a broken arm and cracked pelvic bone. (gotta watch those sudden stops!) I'm back at almost 100% now and working on gaining what I lost during my recovery time.

Don't sweat the petty things....Pet the sweaty things instead [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 03:53 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Welcome to the boards talred66 [img]/forum/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 08-06-2002, 02:49 AM
Loriann should change his/her status!
Rookie

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by dixiepixie:</font><hr />...I'm a smoker who is setting a date to quit...<hr /></blockquote>

just quit 3 weeks ago myself! talk to me anytime, lady!! [img]/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"A Lor in motion tends to stay in motion..." http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/...ons/banana.gif
Old 08-07-2002, 12:08 AM
brandy3369 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Hi everyone. My name is Marlene (Brandy's a nickname), I'm a 33 yo divorced mother of 2 boys ages 4 and 5. I've been in the Navy for the last 10.5 years and have taken part in both the Kosovo and Afganistan Operations aboard the USS Roosevelt and Enterprise respectively. I recently transferred to shore duty (ie more normal working hours for a few years and no deployments) so I have the time and energy to focus more on myself.

After getting off cruise last November I began indulging myself in things I had had to go without for so long and working out wasn't my idea of how to spend my well earned "time off". In four months I gained 20lbs of fat by not working as much, not working out at all and eating whatever I wanted. I realized my last job was hard, but it was the only reason I had stayed slender, without it I would have to work at being in and staying in shape.

I hit the web to find out what what programs would suit someone like me best and found abcBodybuilding to have some of the best boards. What was confusing though was that it was a mostly male site and a 1,700 calorie smoothie isn't the kind of recipe I'm looking for, also the numbers the guys lift are a bit higher than I'd ever be able to accomplish. Still, the nutritional and training advice was great and useful. In the two months I've been lurking and floundering around on my own with various diet and workout tips I've lost 14 pounds and dropped 2 dress sizes.

I am 5'3", 156lbs and built like a gymnast. I am a mesomorph I've read somewhere. My back is naturally v-shaped and very muscular. My legs are short with strong square calves and my shoulders and arms are defined simply through the military calisthenics I do four times a week. My muscles seem to respond quickly to training but it is the fat that I wrestle with to reveal the large muscles I have underneath. Having two kids has left me with a larger waistline. My abs are hard from many (MANY) situps, but proportionally my stomach still protrudes more than it should and I'm hoping to find advice to widdle my middle.

I've been printing the daily diets and workouts that women like Sicily post to try to develop my own program, I've spent the last two months focusing on getting to the gym, learning to look foward to it, learning how to eat and enjoy eating clean - now I'm ready to to take it up a notch and put a program to healthy habits I've been developing.

Glad to be here.

Brandy
p.s. And you thought Krypto was long winded.... HA!
Closed Thread