Come on girls!!! (and I said GIRLS!) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 04:52 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Come on girls!!! (and I said GIRLS!)

Let's talk a little bit about ourself.

I'm Nina, 28 years old, living in France. I have always been extremely active (it's in my blood, I cannot help keep jumping!) Professional fencer for years, but now I'm the lucky owner of a small cosy gym in South Western France (you're all welcome!!).
Been weight training for now 9 years (on and off next to the other sports) but now only (almost) doing weight training since I'm competing.

What else? Oh yes, I don't do a lot else than sitting in a gym training or having fun with my customers all day long..... I actually live there (and I got a bed and a microwave here as well!! lol)

I love what I'm doing. Haven't had a holiday for long but still I wake up every morning with a big smile.

I'm married, no kids (but a terrible mother in law!!) a big African dog and one old but "still going strong" car!! [img]/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 08-01-2002, 05:05 AM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Come on girls!!! (and I said GIRLS!)

Hello...I'm Margie

I'm 40 and single. I have two grown..(well nearly) children.
My son 20 and a daughter, 17 in November.

I've been in the jewelry biz for 18yrs and work part time as a trainer at my gym.

I'm an Air Force brat. My dad was in 26yrs and we travelled all over the world. I joined the Corps after high school and spend a few years in uniform myself!

I workout for myself and am currently preparing for an October BB show.
My life is consumed w/ training and work and making sure my daughter is getting lots of hugs and support...she's on a college hunt right now! So she'll be leaving me for a big future in forensic science here in about 2yrs!
What will i do?? lol!! [img]/forum/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my life and my training...thank God i have a great support system!
And oh~ i love this site!!
Logging in is the first thing i do w/ my java in the morning and again before i go to bed!
Is the co-dependent? lol!
[img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 08-01-2002, 08:15 AM
dixiepixie should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hi, there! I'm Judy. I'm 43, single, with two children, a soon-to-be 20-year-old daughter who is going to make me a grandmother in December, and a 15-year-old son. Neither of them live with me at the moment. I've been lurking off and on for a while, but think a women's forum is definitely great! I'm in the beginning stages of some major lifestyle changes (you know -- the thinking stage still), and need somewhere to go for inspiration, guidance and friendship). I'm a smoker who is setting a date to quit. I've had a Weider Pro home gym that I've packed around through moves in boxes for a year and it is FINALLY set up and ready to use, having recently purchased my first home. I'm a neophyte, though. I used to work out at the gym on the machines quite a few years back, and I miss the way I felt when doing so. I refused to even attempt to quit smoking this time until my gym was set up. (I once quit for 8 months.) I'm in the process of working out my routine, so will be looking at this site alot! Looking forward to learning all I can, becoming the best I can be (and feeling good again)!
Old 08-01-2002, 08:32 AM
karienk should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hi,
My name is Karien, I'm 34 years old, a single mom with a girl 11 years and a boy 9 years old. We all compete in Judo and I also love doing weight training. I've just been told by my coach that my expectations of myself are too high and if I don't reach them I,m devastated. That is so true. I've been feeling depressed and started browsing this forum. Hope I can find lots of inspiration here!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:30 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Hi there
My name is Linda. I am a 31 years old married and the mother of 2. A boy 4 and a girl 2. I started my weight trainning program in January, before that I had never involved myself in any type of fitness program. But after topping the scale a 200lbs and wearing a size 22 I decided to do something about it. Both my husband and I started with Body for Life and finished that 12 weeks with great results, since then we have focused more on the body building aspects of trainning and are still seeing fantastic results. My goal is to be in competion shape by next summer.

This is such a great idea for a forum
Old 08-01-2002, 10:40 AM
Krukker should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Wow isn't this fun!

I'm Kate, 25 yo IT consultant.

I started really getting into weight training about 8 months ago doing a BFL challenge then after modified to my own needs. I think I have the SLOWEST body on Earth to change but I'm plugging away, trying new and different things, switching up and I"ll figure my body out one day!

Glad we have this forum - I think our bodies react differently in many situations regarding nutrition and training!

Ta ta for now!
Old 08-01-2002, 12:15 PM
TheAnimal should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Hi my names Animal and I'm a lesbian TRAPPED in a mans body [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Animal

In 1979 a being was born into a cruel and merciless world for a lifetime of mundane tasks and boredom,
This being promptly escaped from this world into the Bodybuilding underground,
Today still wanted by the government he’s survives as a solider of pain,
If you have a plateau,
If no one else can shift it,
And if you can find him,
Maybe you can hire [Name color:"red"]THE ANIMAL![/Name color]

BODYBUILDING ANIMAL STYLE
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color]FAQ's[Name color:"white"]............[/Name color] Workout
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]Biceps[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]>>>
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]Shoulders[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]>>>
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"].......[/Name color]Ab's[Name color:"white"]......[/Name color] >>>
[Name color:"white"]......[/Name color]>>> Diet Advice <<<
Old 08-01-2002, 12:18 PM
The Azn Oak should change his/her status!
National Champion

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by TheAnimal:</font><hr /> Hi my names Animal and I'm a lesbian TRAPPED in a mans body [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Animal <hr /></blockquote>

&amp; I thought I was the only one
Old 08-01-2002, 02:39 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Oh boy, guess I'll go ahead and type my biography too, very interesting meeting all you ladies! Anyway, now get ready for a novel, LMAO!

I'm 29, about to turn 30, ugg! I've always been very active, I have a father who has encouraged and challenged me in athletics since I was very small. Basically I was a tomboy growing up, did things like ride bike, jumping ramps with the boys, climbing trees, mountains, etc, played any and every sport, loved swimming, rollerskating, etc etc.

Went into the AF at the age of 17 and that's when I started getting serious about staying fit. I really didn't know anything though so I pretty much ate like a horse, whatever I wanted and just kept active. I was involved in sports, swam, kept skating regularly, did aerobics classes and aerobics machines, and started doing some resistance training on machines.

At the age of 24 I got involved in some roller hockey and also a speed skating team just for fun. I had also bought a Nordic Track and started using it regularly along with speed skating and skating outdoors. Once I started speed skating and had my nordic track, I quit the resistance training for a while feeling like I wasn't getting any results, which was because I had no clue how to train.

In 1999 I joined a serious, competive speed skating team, started getting the proper training so then I started competing seriously. In late 1999 I started going back to the gym just to work my legs in hopes of improving my speed skating. I ended up getting into serious lifting when I started dating my then future husband in March of 2000. He trained me on how to use the free weights and ever since then I've been into bodybuilding. I lifted for about a year before I found Abc (actually BPB did) which is when I started learning about my diet and that I needed to start cleaning it up to get leaner! So then by August of 2001, having learned how to eat right, I started a serious diet to reduce my body fat. I've been on a serious diet ever since then and what I did along with my progress can be found on my diet and training journal. My continuing mission is just to keep improving, getting my physique as close to perfect as I can. [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Big Pappa B should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

And a word of warning to all women that don't know of Krypto and her posts/replies: If you ask her a question, be prepared to get out your reading glasses cause she doesn't EVER type a small reply ....hahahahahaha
Closed Thread