Ok, Officially speaking: am I "ripped" or "shredded"? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 04:25 PM
Mama's Boy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: MB Online Journal

[MB ONLIN JOURNAL]
[MONDAY RESULTS]

Well, it's monday. I know the scale is not the best way to check things, but I do once a week anyways! Currently at 176.5 down from 178 last week's post carb monday morning weigh in.

[ QUOTE ]
500 carbs! Hehe, that was ME, pre-bodybuilding, the carbohydrate queen! <hr /></blockquote>

All hail Queen Krypto! (bows down) [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yes, it's called a CKD or Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. The idea is to eat carbs to fill muscle glycogen stores for the next weeks worth of training. Helps prevent muscle breakdown, helps you look more pumped, helps you mentally. Then its back to next to no carbs for Monday through Saturday night/Sunday morning.

It's gotten me down to low 7's in bodyfat %, and I've been a LOT less strict than this in past weeks (not lately, but back around 10% I was a lot less careful).

Like I said, not sure I need to "fill" myself. Not exactly sure what the right number is. Whatever it is, this is basically the carbs I get for the next weeks worth of training!

Any ideas?

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/Men...iends/kenH.jpg
My Before and After Pics

Old 07-08-2002, 04:37 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

I did that for a while, can't say that it worked really well for me though, altho it was probably because I never really went LOW enough on carbs. The Beverly diet I'm on has me at around 87g carbs a day, no carb ups altho I find myself eating just a weenie bit more sweet potatoes or oatmeal on the days I know I'm gonna speed skate just cause by that time I'm going crazy hungry for carbs and I figure better to be a little over on days I skate than on other days. I think CKD is a good idea and would probably work well for me too if I could ever actually go low enough in carbs. I probably never will though and don't really want to with my skating, if I go too low on carbs it just zaps my strength away and I don't want to go thru practices with no strength.

But personally, I would not go that low on carbs for THAT many days. And part of it is cause I know I couldn't. When I did imitate a CKD diet, I'd go no more than 4 days low carb before I filled up again. And when I filled up, 240g is the most I'd have in a day (once a week), but again, I wasn't going THAT low on my low days. I tried staying around 75-100 grams on my low days which really isn't very low as far as CKD diets go. Not sure what a good number is. I suppose I would experiment with different numbers but I'd start at the low end first, just knowing that for me, low carbs is the only way I'm gonna get any leaner.

So hey, when do we get to see some pics of your shreddedness?
Old 07-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Mama's Boy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
But personally, I would not go that low on carbs for THAT many days. And part of it is cause I know I couldn't. When I did imitate a CKD diet, I'd go no more than 4 days low carb before I filled up again. And when I filled up, 240g is the most I'd have in a day (once a week), but again, I wasn't going THAT low on my low days. I tried staying around 75-100 grams on my low days which really isn't very low as far as CKD diets go. Not sure what a good number is. I suppose I would experiment with different numbers but I'd start at the low end first, just knowing that for me, low carbs is the only way I'm gonna get any leaner.<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah. CKD = less than 30 carbs, prefferrably as close to zero as possible to establish ketosis, then some carbs to break it up. Once ketosis is established, carb cravings are almost zero. Scary thing is that I *could* go for weeks without carbs if necessary. I just think I'd be risking muscle loss by about the third or fourth tension workout.

The scientific theory behind the carb load is that supercompensation leads to available stores of 7 grams per kilo of lean body mass. For me, that would be about 450 carbs. Again, I'm chopping this number down to 300 split into 3-6 meals next week.

As for pictures... if TheTom and I ever lift together, I'll get him to snap a few. I dont have a digital camera and am pretty clueless when it comes to such things.

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/Men...iends/kenH.jpg
My Before and After Pics

Old 07-08-2002, 05:34 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Yeah, you're right, gottcha! Sounds like you've got it all together to me. Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes. And I'll have my eyes peeled for those pics. [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread