The Dirty Deeds Diet Journal - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 02:53 AM
danceswithbarbell should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: The Dirty Deeds Diet Journal

[*%#*%*#] hot effort, pal.

I always love reading about someone continually striving to move forwards. Your a real inspiration to me, and probably many others.

Keep it coming.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:12 PM
sta63bmx should change his/her status!
National Champion

Thanks, dwb! lol As long as I'm not frightening anybody, I suppose it's all good.

Today is shoulder and tricep day. We've gone into a dumbbell phase, since I kind of got stuck on military, flat, and incline barbell. It should be fun. Wheee.....

Today's goals:

60x10 on DB military
25x10 on side raises
45x7 on weighted dips

Awaiting the hour of reprisal!
The time slips away!

JP
Old 07-09-2002, 07:22 AM
Big Dan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey Bro,
Looks like your making some big strides. Good for you. I like to see that your total powerlift weight has moved up. That's showing improvement. How's that bench coming along. Also, I wanted to thank you. I tried your strip set with bb curls and have the most intense pump right now. Like dwb says - a true inspiration!
Old 07-09-2002, 10:08 AM
National Champion

I don't know if I'll lift today or not. I strained my left shoulder a little doing DB military yesterday. It's in the rotator cuff on the backside of my shoulder. It's just a little sore, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I may do legs today instead of back. My left shoulder has been the weak link on BB military, so I'm pounding it with dumbbells in an attempt to get past where I've been stuck.

45x8 on weighted dips yesterday. Wheeeeeee. lol

Those strip sets are pretty brutal sometimes, I agree...

JP
Old 07-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

That's good. I think dumbbells are superior for building delts anyway. And if you have any shoulder problems, ditch the barbells and stick to dumbbells. They aren't as stressful on the tendons and rotator cuffs, but produce just as good of results!
Old 07-09-2002, 01:36 PM
National Champion

My biggest problem is getting the DB up. If I get the right kind of seat, I can use my knees to huck them up to myself. I have never tried cleaning them to my shoulders from a standing position and then sitting down. I only had 60's yesterday. I don't think that's too heavy, since I got 6 reps on the first set. When i hit ten, I go up. But I could NOT get them to my shoulders from the seated position on that particular bench. *frown* Ill try to come up with a good method. It may have been getting them up that strained my shoulder. lol I need some anti straps that help you lift things up. lol

JP
Old 07-09-2002, 05:18 PM
National Champion

7-9-02 Preworkout.

I'm fat, sassy, carbed up, and ready to party. It's back day and we're gonna give it a whirl.

Today's list of fun includes...

Power Cleans: Running an ascending/descending pyramid peaking at 175, and finishing with hang cleans.

Weighted Chins: I'm trying to get to 20 over bodyweight x 10, but I keep gaining weight! lol

T-bar rows: My favorite squeezy exercise. We're gonna run this in a descending/ascending pyramid as a burnout.

Deadlifts: Three sets. I'll go light, since I've already done power cleans. 135, 225, 315. I like those round numbers, plates only. lol If I feel sassy (and don't rip skin off my hands like last week!) I might go for some heavy singles.

Today's words of inspiration come from none other than Iced Earth.

All at once it's clear to me
****ation and destiny
A slave to darkness shall I be
****ation and destiny!

Hopefully I will lift with power and authority today, and not like a pathetic loser.

JP
Old 07-09-2002, 11:18 PM
National Champion

Working out today was pretty fun. On power cleans I got 175x4, and 115x10 on hang cleans. Here's the sets for power cleans.

135x10,155x10,175x4,155x5/5,135x10

THen to burn out the traps: hang cleans! 115 x 10. This set can be murder depending on how quick you can get to it.

Weighted chins saw 20x8, which is better, and then the t-bar rows....ugh.

I am going to recommend AGAINST doing strip sets on t-bar rows. My lower back was hurting so bad I couldnt keep rowing. I did not enjoy that, and it made my lat workout kind of crappy. Did not work out well at ALL.

Finally, deadlifts. It was an ok day. 135,225,315x10. I strapped at 225 and 315 because my hands were RAW. They hurt bad and still hurt now. *frown* I only got one new blister, tho. No belt on any of those sets. I prefer lifting without it. And another miss at 405. I havent pulled that in a while since I been deadlifting last.

JP
Old 07-12-2002, 11:27 AM
National Champion

LEG DAY!

Squats, Front Squats, SLDL. I kept my back locked up tight last week. Felt good. I'm considering going for 315x3 today. I need to get out of the singles thing and on to sets at that weight. Then I will finally feel like my squat is worth something.

What time is it? TIME TO EAT!

JP
Old 07-12-2002, 08:19 PM
National Champion

Good day today. I lifted kinda fast to get to my parents' for supper.

SQuats: 135x10, 225x10 (no belt), 315x3, then 135x10. On the last set, I jumped in the air during some of the reps. Not sure why....I was excited to get 315x3. LOL Retarded but fun. Also some nice SLDL with good pull, and weighted abs. Ho hum. All in all, a satisfying day at the office.

Closed Thread