Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 09:15 PM
sta63bmx should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default The Dirty Deeds Diet Journal

5-13-02

Alrighty. We're turning over a new leaf. And getting back to the basics. Subscribing to the thought that I can always cut fat later, we are returning to the dirty doet which served me so well in february. Pizza, red meat, peanut butter, whatever crosses my path....that is getting inhaled. I am still trying to steer clear of sugary foods, but any pizza or steak is fair game from here on out. The scale has been stuck at 180 for a month and it sucks! no more. Size and strength will increase.

Body weight: 180 lbs.

Starting lifts:

Bench: 185 max, 135 x 14
Deadlift: 405 max, 345 x 8
Squat: 315 max, 315 x 2

ya got a pizza and you want him gone
but you don't want a gut
it keeps nagging at you night and day
good but it drives you nuts
pick up the phone I'm all alone
Ill make a social call
me and the pepperoni baby
we'll have ourselves a ball!

JP
Old 05-14-2002, 12:36 PM
Big Dan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: The Dirty Deeds Diet Journal

Good luck to you brother! I'm on the exact opposite end that you are! I'm on the DL lifting wise due to a screwed up lower back so I'm working on dropping the fat. I really don't care about the scale, but the BF% needs to go south for the summer. I was gaining so much weight, it was ridiculuous, strength too.

Just be a Hoover...what ever you see, vacuum it up! Food is you friend! Keep us all updated! Good luck with the strength gains as well!
Old 05-16-2002, 01:35 PM
National Champion

5-16-02

Monday this week was shoulder and tricep...115 x 9 again on MP (which sucked!), but lots of fun on the dip station.

Tuesday I found a gym in madison while traveling for a conference and decided to go ahead and have a back day...despite over a month off, I still got 315 x 10 like it was a child's toy...I felt the power of the Master. And I think cleans are what's tearing up my forearm. I'm going to leave those out for the next month and see what happens.

TOday I'll run flat, but I may leave biceps out...my arms are destroyed from Tuesday. If you don't think cleans and deadlifts do anything for parts besides back, you are dead wrong.

JP
Old 07-01-2002, 02:57 PM
National Champion

7-1-02

Yes, the game is almost over and it has been a big fat waste of my time! I havent gained one pound. I'm stronger, but I havent gained any size. ANyways. going to a clean diet was a big mistake. Huge!

ANyways. Let's keep it rolling.

Today: Shoulder and tricep day. We've been stuck at 135x6 on military for FOUR WEEKS now. No more! I'm going to dumbbells for a while to take a break and strengthen my stabilizers some more.

Today we'll do db military, weighted dips (40 reps total), side raises, then skull crushers and follow with a pressdown burnout. Which is SO much fun! THe goal today is 60x10 on db military. I'm getting close to 45x10 on weighted dips, but the heat has been killing me.

JP
Old 07-02-2002, 03:27 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

"ya got a pizza and you want him gone
but you don't want a gut
it keeps nagging at you night and day
good but it drives you nuts
pick up the phone I'm all alone
Ill make a social call
me and the pepperoni baby
we'll have ourselves a ball!"

I loved that one!!!!
You cannot make one about marchmallows as well?

Anyway, just wanted to say good luck!

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 07-02-2002, 04:15 PM
National Champion

LOL.....I'm not a big fan of marshmallows, so they don't tempt me. Otherwise I'd find a suitable tune and change the words. Sorry!

Yesterday's highlight: 55 x 10 pretty easily on DB military. It wasn't bad. And I pulled a ton of plates on their pressdown machine. The tricep burnout was AWESOME! I'm considering running the stack on lats today.

Today is back day, the day i live for. Did I mention it's mid-nineties every day here now? Did I mention the gym is not air conditioned? Did I mention that it's blazing hot and humid in there? DID I MENTION THAT FRANCO SAID TO STOP WHINING AND LIFT? Well then.

Power cleans: 135x10, 155x10, 175x....5?, 155x10, 135x10,
Hang cleans: 115x10

Wide grip chins: Body weight x 5, 20x7?,6?, 10x6?,6?, BW until forty reps total.

T-bar rows (grip undecided at this point!): 45x10, 90x10,10,10, 70x10

Deadlifts: 135x10, 225x10 (no straps, no belt), 315x10?,6? (probably no belt)

I don't like wearing a belt very much. I may have a real hard time with the DL since it's freakin hot. 315x10 is easy at the beginning of a workout, but not the end! lmao We'll see how it goes. I love back day.

JP
Old 07-03-2002, 11:53 AM
National Champion

7-3-02. Suck!

Today is my off day. Yesterday sucked. it was literally at least mid-nineties in the gym. I don't know about you, but I would list that as FREAKING HOT. Lifting sucked.

Yesterday's Highlights: 175x3 on power cleans. T-bar rows were very fun as well.

Most Pathetic THing I've Ever Seen: 315x8 on deadlift. TO be fair, it was brutally hot and I was at the end of a long workout. And I ripped the skin off my left hand partway through the set.

The good news was that I got clued back in to something I used to do and had forgotten about. Ill post about it in training under the heading "Lean Back You Moron!"

JP
Old 07-05-2002, 10:26 AM
National Champion

I just thought I'd mention that I weighed 187 this morning. I didnt pig out yesterday, either. I think the scale is finally coming back up. THis is the most I've ever weighed.

Pizza.....
Burgers...
FRENCH FRIES!

DONE DIRT CHEAP!

THat song rocks with a capital X.

JP
Old 07-05-2002, 12:14 PM
mesomorphin' should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Excellent, JP! Good to hear the pizza & burgers thing is working out for you. Wish I still had the metabolism of a humming bird too!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:35 PM
National Champion

And so I was created to do the bidding of Franco, my master!

Forged in the sacred flames
On the sixth day
Of the sixth month
In the sixth hour!

And as you know well...

I walk the Earth another day
The wicked one that comes this way
Savior to my own, devil to some
Mankind falls, something wicked comes

I hit the squat rack today and went through 135x10 and 225x10 like always, and it felt good. Then I got 275x5 like normal, and it felt good. And I thought "hey, it's a good day to try for a new 1RM." So, wearing gay shoes with flames (seriously, they're Vans), irish green shorts, and a sleeveless Hello Kitty shirt (possibly the only one in existence), I went down deep in a hole filled with burning fire, and rather than causing me pain, it filled me with power and I exploded up from the pit of Franco's fiery palace with 335 pounds of agony on my back like it was nothing

I seriously did power it out of the hole, and I looked to make sure I was down parallel. This was not some half-*** squat. It felt good. One leg of the death tripod that will destroy our foes is complete. The 455 lb deadlift is next. Then the bench. And then I will have my 1000 lb. powerlift total. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUH!

I'm still excited about getting 335x1. Candyass, I know, especially compared to the football players on the site, but I'm a nerd and it makes me happy. lol

JP
Closed Thread