dorf's journal (comment here) - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 07:17 PM
dorf should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: dorf\'s journal (comment here)

Well, due to sickness and lack of motivation, I took a loooooooooong time off. The workouts I did have were abbreviated and lacked intensity. Now, I'm back. Got motivated looking at some stats and stuff...I've come to the conclusion that while my trunk (legs, back, pecs, etc...) grow fast, they don't gain strength as quickly (especially my legs) and while my arms get lots of strength fast, they don't seem to want to get any bigger (last year, increased my bench by 60 pounds and my upper arms grew a half inch...whereas my squat max went up 15 pounds and my legs grew 2 inches). So, that motivated me some.

Today, hit my arms...

Standing DB Extensions: 55*7, 60*5, 60*5
Standing BB Extensions: 40*5, 40*4
One-Arm DB Extensions: 25*5, 25*4
DB Kickbacks: 15*6
Lying BB Extensions: 40*6, 50*6
BB Curls: 50*6, 50*5, 50*5
Reverse BB Curls: 40*7, 40*6
Concentration Curls: 30*6, 30*5
Reverse BB Forearm Curls: 40*6, 40*4
BB Forearm Curls: 40*7

Feels great to be motivated again.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:43 AM
imported_MUSCLES should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Good to see your back mate!

TRY TO COMPETE IF YOU CAN ITS AWSOME!
Old 04-01-2002, 01:43 AM
Light-Heavyweight

March 31
Started out with the idea of working shoulders, traps and upper back, but I'm not feeling well and I keep getting that nauseous feeling, so I quit after shoulders and a lil bit of traps. Great intensity though. Some of my poundages went up and some went down...been a long layoff for my shoulders. I think my triceps were holding me back on military press. I need a longer barbell, the one I have isn't long enough for me to focus completely on my shoulders so it hits my tris more than I want. But anyway, here's the workout:

Arnold Presses: 40*5, 40*5, 40*4, 40*5
last set supersetted with my first set of military...
Military Presses: 80*4, 80*5, 80*5, 80*5
Side Lateral Raises: 15*5, 15*5
BB Shrugs: 100*6, 100*6
Front Raises: 15*4, 15*5

My shoulders are burning (you can actually feel the warmth in my shoulders compared to the rest of my body...now THAT's a pump) and my arms are sore as hell too.

Just a quick question: Does pain make you smile, or am I just a freak?
Old 04-03-2002, 01:15 AM
Light-Heavyweight

When changing after p.e. today, one of my friends commented "****, dorf! You're gettin' some guns!!" Surprised it didn't motivate me a lil more for tonight's workout, but I still lacked intensity. Oh well, just an off day I hope.

Okay...lil upper back work today. I prefer doing upper back with shoulders, 'cause it's all connected and such, and it just seems to make sense to me and feel better, but, didn't feel too good during my shoulder workout, so couldn't do upper back (although it was a great shoulder workout with awesome intensity). So, instead, I did some weighted crunches and reverse crunches to complement my back work. I need to get my split worked out better anyway. But, on to the workout:

Bent-Over DB Rows: 55*5, 55*5, 55*5
Bent-Over BB Rows: 100*6, 100*6
Bent-Over Rear Raises: 15*7, 15*7, 15*6

Didn't count the ab work...Just did it and got it over with. Probably better that way.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:44 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I'm back. It'll be a few more days before I'm ready to go back to lifting hard-core, but I'm on the way. I'm already planning my new split and my first few workouts. Just a quick update for now.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Ah, the feel of cold iron in my hands once again almost brought tears to my eyes. So did the pain from my workout [img]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/img].
Was in the mood to lift, and wasn't gonna have a real intense workout, then I talked to my ex and lost control when I hit the weights. I can get along with her, but my triceps and forearms might not be so forgiving, since I took it out on them.
Since it's been a while, I didn't even pay attention to the weight...I know I've lost a lot of strength. Just cranked out a ton of nice, slow reps with pretty moderate weight.
For every lift, I started light, did a set, added some weight, did a set, kept adding weight until I couldn't do a full set of at least 8 anymore.
When I got to the point where I couldn't do 8, I stripped the weight and did some static contractions (I love the pump I feel when I do 'em) as long as I could hold it.
Started with standing triceps extensions (BB)...5 sets, then lying triceps extensions (BB)...4 sets, then reverse barbell curls...3 sets, but my biceps are still sore from putting up hay, so I cut that part of the workout short.
For forearms, I finally found an exercise that doesn't hurt my wrist. Just grab a plate that you can fit your hand across the face of (weight doesn't matter) and stretch your hand across it so that you're gripping it with just fingertips, then imagine you're trying to crush it or someone is trying to pull it away from you. Hold it as tight as you can for as long as you can. Great pump, and I was shown that if you lay on your stomach on a bench and let your arms hang or bend 'em enough that they don't hit the ground, the pump is amazing.
That's it for today. Glad to be lifting again.