The Ultimate Animal Plan (read-only) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 08:30 AM
TheAnimal should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default The Ultimate Animal Plan (read-only)

Right my Bodybuilding has gone a little bit pear shaped recently. Lack of goals to much going on, meaning I have been unable to dedicate enough time to it. BUT now Im getting back on track!! Im going to do a bit of a controlled bulk for a while. Controlled as in sensible food choices, NOT a LMB where I only eat slow burners etc but just sensible foods not a oh its edible ~shove into mouth~

TIMESCALE
TODAY = 5th February
Start a controlled bulk.
1st April =Start cut, havent decided on what yet probably JWs 13 week plan or possibly a combination of that and my usual cut technique.
JUDEGMENT DAY = 1st July

n.b. This MAY change if I find by bulk is plateauing I may go on the cut for a week, or if it is close to April start cutting early and then do a mini LBM bulk for a week or two halfway through the cut. WATCH this space!!

DIET
This will be posted in a few days and I will edit this post.

TRAINING SPLIT
Day One - Chest/Triceps
Day Two - Back/Forearms
Day Three - Legs
Day Four - OFF
Day Five - Shoulders
Day Six - Biceps
Day Seven - OFF

WORKOUTS

CHEST/TRICEPS
This is a lagging bodypart so I will be doing a workout A for two weeks and then a workout B the next two weeks etc.

Workout A
Warm-up - Bench Press 2x15

Flat Dumbbell Press 3x8-10
SUPERSETTED
Flat Bench Press 3x6-8 (holding peak on final as per 8 weeks program)

Inlcine Bench Press 3x8-10(holding peak on final as per 8 weeks program)
SUPERSETTED
Bench Press APT Machine 3x8-10

Dip's 3x10

Cable Crossovers 3x10
SUPERSETTED
Standing Cable Flyes 3x10
SUPERSETTED
Press Up's till failure about 10-15
Workout B
Watch this space!!!

Triceps
Cable Rope Pushdowns 3x6/6/6

Wide pushdown till failure then a drop the weight then continue to failure then for the last set keep the weight the same but do them close grip.

Seated Reverse Cable Pushdowns 3x12

EZ Skull Crushers 3x8/6

EZ Skull Crushers NO WEIGHT 3xfailure

SHOULDERS
If I told you Id have to KILL youlol

BICEPS
8 Week Program

LEGS
FULLY Warm-up

SQUATS (had to be really) 6/8/10/12/10/8/6

Leg Press 3x8

Going one legged on these. Left leg NO rest then Right leg then 30 seconds/minute then repeat. SUPER heavy, as I've got the reassurance of the machine. Slow negative and then REAL explosion of POWER!!

Leg Curls (seated) 5x10/8 (Alternatate these EVERY week with Lundges!!)

Simple dropset, again going heavy on these and take the weight RIGHT in and SQUEEZE at the full contraction!

CALVES - as per JW's plan

BACK
Pending, gotta work on this bad boy

Animal

In 1979 a being was born into a cruel and merciless world for a lifetime of mundane tasks and boredom,
This being promptly escaped from this world into the Bodybuilding underground,
Today still wanted by the government he’s survives as a solider of pain,
If you have a plateau,
If no one else can shift it,
And if you can find him,
Maybe you can hire [Name color:"red"]THE ANIMAL![/Name color]

BODYBUILDING ANIMAL STYLE
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color]FAQ's[Name color:"white"]............[/Name color] Workout
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]Biceps[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]>>>
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]Shoulders[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]>>>
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"].......[/Name color]Ab's[Name color:"white"]......[/Name color] >>>
[Name color:"white"]......[/Name color]>>> Diet Advice <<<
Old 02-07-2002, 09:57 AM
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: The Ultimate Animal Plan (read-only)

CHEST DAY
Started off as a BAD workout as I was 30minutes LATE to the gym. So I just trained Chest and will move Triceps to either Shoulders day or Biceps day, we will see how time pans out. As for the workout it's as folows...

CHEST
Workout A
Warm-up - Bench Press 2x15

Flat Dumbbell Press 3x8-10
SUPERSETTED
Flat Bench Press 3x6-8 (holding peak on final as per 8 weeks program)

Decline Bench Press 3x8-10(holding peak on final as per 8 weeks program)
SUPERSETTED
Bench Press APT Machine 3x8-10

Dip's 3x10

Cable Crossovers 3x10
SUPERSETTED
Standing Cable Flyes 3x10
SUPERSETTED
Press Up's till failure about 3x10-15

FOO-FOO FACTOR
Well what can I say but SWWIIINNNNNGGGG Was a good 8 out of 10. Everywhere I looked there was ANOTHER fine specimen!! Gym had quite a few but the POOL.....was like Bikini HEAVEN there were also a few hotties in Swimsuits mind...lol Just hope there ALL there tonight!

CHILLIN' OUT
Finished off the session with a relaxing Sauna and a "bob" around in the pool to cool off again, all in all a good session.

THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE
OUCH!!! My Pecs are REAL sore!!! A combined factor of the week off for my hols and the TRASHING I gave them. So all in all good workout, just want tomorrow to beover with as the DOMS will be WORSE [img]graemlins/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Animal

In 1979 a being was born into a cruel and merciless world for a lifetime of mundane tasks and boredom,
If you have a plateau,
And if you can find him,

[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color]FAQ's[Name color:"white"]............[/Name color] Workout
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]Biceps[Name color:"white"].....[/Name color]>>>
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]Shoulders[Name color:"white"]...[/Name color]>>>
[Name color:"white"]....[/Name color] <<<[Name color:"white"].......[/Name color]Ab's[Name color:"white"]......[/Name color] >>>
Old 02-08-2002, 06:39 AM
Super-Heavyweight

Last Night was Back night and to be fair it went a little pear shaped BUT for the better [img]graemlins/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I arrived at the gym about 30 minutes late AGAIN!! Warmed up and started to do a double dropset on Wide-Grip Latpulldowns Supersetted with Peak Contraction Wide Grip Pull Ups. Did 2 sets and then a sort of ex training partner/personal trainer I know appears and this is where it got MESSY.....

12/10/8 SUPER Heavy Deadlifts
One word OUCH

12/10/8/8 Double Handled Cable Pull-Downs (can't remember offical name)
Rest inbetween these 4 sets was BARELY noticeable!! Went SUPER heavy and they were quite assisted at times but only the postivies!!

3x8 Wide Grip Pull Ups (Assisted)
I usually start with these BUT not today and the pre-fatigue was IMMENSE!! The other thing was we were only resting as long as it took the other guy to do his set. AND I can tell you that spotting a 220lbs+ MOSTER of a man trying to assist him up from the waist AIN'T easy when you Donald Ducked (ie) F**KED!!)

3x15 Machine Pull Downs (not sure of the exact name of this APT machine)
Again SUPER heavy and assisted but the BURN was immense!!!

Now I was planning on doing Foerarms but one of the guys was doing Triceps!! And as I hadn't done them yet I though what the heck and shear INSANITY followed....

4x12 Cable Pushdowns

3x12 Weighted Bench Dips

4x12 Dips

3x15/10 Dropset EZ Skull Crushers

3x12/4 Superset of Wide Rope Pull Downs and Close

OUCH

FOO-FOO FACTOR
I'm sure there was some BUT the mind SEARING pain I was in and the fact that I was seeing stars made them completely un-noticeable to me...lol

CHILLIN' OUT
NO-TIME....ug

OUCH!!! My Pecs are STILL REAL sore!!! My Back is giving me a FEW twinges but not too much BUT my Triceps are calling me all the names under the sun and Forearms are pretty knackered!!

Animal

If you have a plateau,
And if you can find him,

Old 02-10-2002, 05:33 AM
Super-Heavyweight

LEGS DAY
Well nothing too unusual here really, just a good if anything VERY hot workout. The AC must of been on low!!

Warm-up
Hack Squat Machine 4x25

SQUATS 6/8/10/12/10/8/6
Increasing the weight up and then down again

Leg Press 3x8
One legged on these. Right leg NO rest, left leg NO rest 8 reps both legs. Rest 2 minutes then repeat!

Leg Curls (seated) 5x10/8
Simple dropset.

FOO-FOO FACTOR
Again VERY pleasing!! A few very nice if not somewhat young specimens lurking in the cardio section of ALL places!! But they could quite easily be converted to the darkside I'm sure [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] One in particular stood out in VERY small light ash grey lycra shorts, which were VERY VERY figure hugging if you get what I mean!!

CHILLIN' OUT
Well I was VERY tired so I decided against the pool etc. and just headed off home!!

WELL STILL OUCH Legs aren't TOO bad I think I could of gone heavier on the squates but a lack of partner doesn't help!! My pecs STILL ache and my Triceps are ***KED from there trashing!! My lower Bi's are feeling a little discomfort too but all in all a VERY productive few days I feel!!

Animal

If you have a plateau,
And if you can find him,

Old 02-10-2002, 05:37 AM
Super-Heavyweight

DAY OFF

Well it was a nice day today STILL sore from the enternal pounding from the weel but feeling good!!

Think I may of scored with a young lady who I've been chasing for like 6 months too so that can't be bad [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Animal

If you have a plateau,
And if you can find him,

Old 02-11-2002, 11:34 AM
Super-Heavyweight

BICEPS DAY
The first workout in ages that has gone to plan!! Started on time energy levels good throughout!!

BICEPS
Followed the first workout to the letter [img]graemlins/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

FOO-FOO FACTOR
Well it was Sunday so quite disappointing. I'll say a poor 2 out of 10 but thats weekends for ya!

CHILLIN' OUT
BIG BIG chiilin session last night! Sauna and a Steam and a dip in both the heated outdoor pool and the indoor one. Nice to relax and just, well CHILL!!

Rest of my body has recovered Legs still a little sore and arms have that VERY dull throbbing sensasion often associated with Biceps!

Animal

If you have a plateau,
And if you can find him,

Old 02-12-2002, 06:45 AM
Super-Heavyweight

SHOULDER DAY
Well last night was shoulders night and it all started off fantastically!! Time was a little behind but energy levels were good and I wanted this workout bad. You know the days when your reall REALLY up for it!!

SHOULDERS
IF I tell you, which I'm NOT I'd have to KILL you!!!!

FOO-FOO FACTOR
I saw HER again!! This very VERY VERY sexy lady that goes to my gym. I haven't spoken to her BUT looks wise she couldn't be any more perfect. She hasn't got a fantastic body BUT she has the HORN factor. On a scale of 1-10 I'd put her about 12. Judging by the way she stretches off etc. she is a gymnast and it's kinda you can do what with your legs [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Well I haven't really got past the exchanging glances stage yet BUT I've seen her looking and I know she's seen me looking. Just gotta get my tounge untied enough to say hi.....NEXT TIME you mark my words!! So with Mrs X being in the gym NOTHING else really caught my eye so I couldn't comment..lol

CHILLIN' OUT
Nothing more than a shake and a shower today!

The rest of my body has calmed down somewhat. Pecs, Triceps, Back, Legs and even Bi's, which isn't good as I only trained them the day before!! BUT shoulders are hurting LOTS!! The sort of hurting to even get changed hurt. Don't you just love it [img]graemlins/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Animal

If you have a plateau,
And if you can find him,

Closed Thread