please comment on my workout routine - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 10:26 PM
bigman19 should change his/her status!

Default please comment on my workout routine

hey guys im gonna post my routine below and i want to know everything that im doin that is good or bad or whatever...thanx

monday:
shoulders-4 sets of upright rows with a dropset at the end of the 4th set/3 sets of side lateral raises/4 sets of barbell shrugs with a dropset at the end of the 4th set.
back-6 sets of pullups/4 sets of machine pulldowns behind the neck with a dropset after the 4th set/4 sets of machine pulldowns in front of my chest with a dropset at the end of the 4th set/4 sets of bentover barbell rows with a dropset at the end of the 4th set

tuesday:
biceps-4 sets of barbell curls with a dropset at the end of the 4th set/3 sets dumbbell curls/3 sets of concentration curls/1 set of a light weight of 21 reps
forearms-3 sets of barbell wrist curls sitting down with a dropset at the end of the 3rd set/
3 sets of behind the back wrist curls with a dropset at the end of the 3rd set/3 sets reverse barbell curl

wednesday:
legs-3 sets of squats/5 sets of calf raises/and i run to on wed. fri. sat.and sun.

thursday:
chest-5 sets of incline bench press with a dropset after the 5th set/5 sets of flat bench press with a dropset at the end of the 5th set/3 sets of butterflies on a flat bench/3 sets of butterflies on an incline bench(all though i dont feel it workin.)/3 sets of dips
triceps-4 sets tricep extensions while sitting down with a dropset at the end of the 4th set/4 sets of reverse grip cable pulldowns with a dropset at the end of the 4th set/4 sets of california press or close bench press with a dropset at the end of the 4th set/3 sets french curls

friday saturday and sunday are days off except for running

so is there anything i am doing wrong? am i overtraining? i make sure i set all my exercises to a weigh were i cant do more than 10 reps when going to failure which is what i do...go to failure on all exercises except squat. i have 7 days rest before i start the same workout again. should i alternate between light and heavy training on the weeks? well any comments and suggestions will be apprieciated thanx guys
Old 01-25-2002, 12:03 AM
lwb357 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: please comment on my workout routine

too much volume on chest and back (overtraining) and the pullups, pulldowns to the chest and pulldowns to the back are all working the same muscle. yes on alternating light and heavy weeks.