Evo's Journal (comments here) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 02:31 PM
EvoLuTioN is back
Heavyweight

Default Evo\'s Journal (comments here)

Ok i just figured out that if i put a link to this on my journal people can post without cluttering it up. in case you look here first Evolutions journal but dont reply there please.

Thanks, Evo

_|_|_|_|_|
_|
Old 12-16-2001, 03:34 PM
William Ustav is cutting the shadow.
Super Moderator

Default Re: Evo\'s Journal (comments here)

... ... ... hmm. I'm sick. No vitamin C helped me... lol.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:28 AM
ironhorse should change his/her status!
Rookie

Evo,
Good luck on your cut. You are dedicated so you should nt have a problem. Where are you starting BF wise and where are you trying to get to?
A ?? about the flyes in your journal. You are doing machine flyes at 190# wow! I am about your size maybe a little larger than your first stats and I'm only doing 60# on a flye. How did you work up to 190?
Old 12-27-2001, 02:38 AM
EvoLuTioN is back
Heavyweight

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ironhorse:
Evo,
Good luck on your cut.

Thanks

You are dedicated so you should nt have a problem.

Until the last few weeks ive been eating clean even on my bulk so i think ill do ok.

Where are you starting BF wise and where are you trying to get to?
I dont have calipers but i would guess somewhere in the 15 to 20% range.

A ?? about the flyes in your journal. You are doing machine flyes at 190# wow! I am about your size maybe a little larger than your first stats and I'm only doing 60# on a flye. How did you work up to 190?

Well i started at 60 lbs a few months ago

This might be long but here is my basic transition for most exercises. Since this is about flyes i'll use that for the example.

Week 1 50 x 10, 60 x 8, 70 x 6
week 2 60 x 10, 70 x 6, 80 x 4
week 3 60 x 10, 70 x 8, 80 x 6
week 4 70 x 10, 80 x 5, 90 x 3
week 5 70 x 10, 80 x 7, 90 x 5
week 6 70 x 10, 80 x 8, 90 x 6
week 7 80 x 10, 90 x 7, 100 x 4
week 8 80 x 10, 90 x 8, 100 x 5
week 9 80 x 10, 90 x 8, 100 x 7

Ok the weights or reps are not exact, the point is a model to demonstrate what i do. Ok week 1 is adjusted to whatever weights you can do 10, 8, 6 reps. The next week (at least 5 days later) do 10 on the first set same as before, on set two push for an extra rep or two, same on set 3. When the last set gets to 6 or more ,go up next time. Take the weight you do on the second set to be the new first weight. Then work the same way on those weights until you get the last weight up to 6 (ideal would be 10, 8, and 6) then do the same thing again, set one becomes old weight of set 2, set 2 is old weight of set 3 and set 3 is a new higher weight than before. Hope that makes sense. Another thing is your flyes become better as you work your whole chest so dont forget to hit many angles in your chest routine. I'll post the link to my pic so you can see how small i am lol.

[/qb]<hr></blockquote>

_|_|_|_|_|
_|
Old 12-27-2001, 02:44 AM
EvoLuTioN is back
Heavyweight

link to my pics newest ones are Nov 1st in here. i need to redo the ones i had at angelfire because they dont let you use them out of the site anymore so they dont show up here.

Evo's pics

_|_|_|_|_|
_|
Old 12-27-2001, 10:37 PM
Rookie

Evo,
Thanks for the flye example. From your pictures I estimate we are about the same size, wt and BF . Nice overall progress for 2 months. The increased defintion in your shoulders, chest and tri's is especially noticable. Your strength, evidenced by the increase in weights used is especially impressive.
From your example, I realize that I have a tendency to be satisfied with small weekly increases in weight; I will change that! A second mistake is that I have avoided squats in favor of leg presses. The posts on the board convinced me to add squats to leg day. I did and was sore for 3 days afterward but have made some good progress since.
I'd like to gain 4lbs more before my 1st cut so I hope you'll report on your progress so I can understand what to expect. Hang tough!
Old 12-28-2001, 01:30 AM
EvoLuTioN is back
Heavyweight

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ironhorse:
Evo,
Thanks for the flye example. From your pictures I estimate we are about the same size, wt and BF . Nice overall progress for 2 months. The increased defintion in your shoulders, chest and tri's is especially noticable. Your strength, evidenced by the increase in weights used is especially impressive.
From your example, I realize that I have a tendency to be satisfied with small weekly increases in weight; I will change that! A second mistake is that I have avoided squats in favor of leg presses. The posts on the board convinced me to add squats to leg day. I did and was sore for 3 days afterward but have made some good progress since.
I'd like to gain 4lbs more before my 1st cut so I hope you'll report on your progress so I can understand what to expect. Hang tough!
<hr></blockquote>

Thanks

The fly example should have included 5 lb increments (it was late what can i say)

So if it says 40 50 60 it should be more like 45 50 55 or whatever. I dont jump up 10 lbs every time just to the next dumbell (and not every time, i go up in reps first) but you get the idea either way.

My cut is going good i just stocked up on a bunch of good carbs at the store. I changed my workout to have another day off between day 1 and 2 (before they were back to back) to give more time for recovery due to the lower calorie intake.

Im very optomistic about my cut at this point [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

_|_|_|_|_|
_|
Old 12-28-2001, 09:45 AM
Rookie

Evo,
Just found the blue dashes at the end of your post. I like the wide grip pull up routine and am using it in back/tri/forearm day today!
Old 12-28-2001, 11:34 PM
Dr. Pain should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Post deleted by flats31

Old 12-31-2001, 02:41 AM
EvoLuTioN is back
Heavyweight

Thanks DP

Please look at these and let me know if my guess of 15% bodyfat is about right?

_|_|_|_|_|
_|
Closed Thread