Leanne's Journal (comments welcome!!) - Page 6 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 08:06 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Leanne\'s Journal (comments welcome!!)

Hi Leaane,

Thanks for the PM, its nice to know ones words can help from time to time.

Well I have gone through your journal and have a couple of suggestions to make if you dont mind.

1 - Krypto was right about a daily calorific intake of about 200-400 below your maintenance level for effective fat loss. That has been the most effective range for most people I know.

2 - Dont feel guilty when you slip on the diet. One little slip is no big deal in the whole scheme of things. If anyting I find it can help reinforce your aims and goals and actually make you stricter in the future. Eventually you will find that your cheat day will have a beter diet than 90% of the population.

3 - Lay off the scales. I became a scale junkie and boy did it get me down. My weight would fluctuate daily by upto 4 lbs and I would get so depressed. Now I only weigh once a week, same day same time same clothes each time. It helps kkeps your sanity.

4 - I saw you train Bi's and Tri's together and chest and back. I dont really like that as the arms may not recover in time. It could be worth trying Chest and Tri's together and Back and Bi's together. I know a few here use that effectively.

5 - Krypto is spot on about building muscle to increase your metabolic rate to loss fat. Same old story the rich get richer and the fit get fitter.

6 - DIET

By eating so little you could be slowing your metabolism down. The body feels it is being starved and will store food for later use. I beleive (and have read many studies that agree) that you require 60% of daily calorie total as carbs. Going by your first post of 1600 cal per day, you should be eating at least 234grams of carbs per day. Probably about 110grams of protein and the rest in fat.

This is all assuming your 1600 cals per day is 300-400 below your maintenance level.

This would raise your carb level as you suggested in your last post and still give you enough protein to maintain muscle mass and aid growth.

I know others will disagree but its what I think will hold true for you.

Remember you need 50grms of carbs for brain function just think how much more you need for the other bodily activities.

Hope this helps and stick with it we are all routing for you.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Leanne should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Thanks Krypto, Mr O for the support. It does help to know that others are supportive of my efforts, no matter what they are and even tho I'm sure you are all scratching your heads. That's fine...Krypto you experimented and it worked for you...that's all I'm doing too. I will find what works and makes me happy. And maybe happy isn't 12%. Not that I'm giving up on that, I'm actively pursuing it and I will get there.
http://members.fortunecity.com/bscdt.../Monica023.jpg
Old 01-31-2002, 01:00 PM

One more thing Leanne, and I think I will be reiterating what Mr.O said, but I was thinking about this on the way home from speed skating practice last night. I'd remembered when you said you think maybe your body is the rare few and storing protein as fat. I got to thinking, you're probably right, but not because you are rare or because of your blood type, but simply because your calories are too low. Anytime you give your body a lot less calories than it needs, it will STORE ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Personally, I think that is the problem, more so than it is that you are just rare. Anyway, that's just my opinion. And I have a suggestion as well, something you may want to try sometime. I still think your metabolism needs reset. I think it has slowed too much from too few calories and if you are having trouble losing fat that is why. So my suggestion is this, increase your cals by 200 every two weeks, keep working out as usual (actually I think you'd be better off cutting down on the amount of cardio you do too), lift heavy and hard, and take your body fat measurements every two weeks along with that. Keep adding 200 calories every two weeks until your body fat reading stays the same or goes up slightly then you will know you've reached maintenance calories. Then only drop 200-300 off that and eat clean for your cutting diet. Just an idea you could try whenever you feel ready. Still trying to help. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 08:19 PM
Leanne should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Krypto, that's a really good idea, actually. I think I'll start it next week (actually a week and a half from now). Use the rest of this week and all next week to eat how I am currently, and then the following week, add 200 calories. That's a really good idea!!! At least then I'll have a starting point. You could very well be right and what have I got to lose right now.
http://members.fortunecity.com/bscdt.../Monica023.jpg
Old 02-01-2002, 10:00 AM

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ***********:
Anytime you give your body a lot less calories than it needs, it will STORE ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

I still think your metabolism needs reset. I think it has slowed too much from too few calories and if you are having trouble losing fat that is why. So my suggestion is this, increase your cals by 200 every two weeks, keep working out as usual (actually I think you'd be better off cutting down on the amount of cardio you do too), lift heavy and hard, and take your body fat measurements every two weeks along with that. Keep adding 200 calories every two weeks until your body fat reading stays the same or goes up slightly then you will know you've reached maintenance calories. Then only drop 200-300 off that and eat clean for your cutting diet. Just an idea you could try whenever you feel ready. Still trying to help. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

Wonderful, excellent, brilliant advice. You need to know your true maintenance level of calories.

Good Stuff
Closed Thread