Leanne's Journal (comments welcome!!) - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Leanne should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Leanne\'s Journal (comments welcome!!)

Krypto - I've been doing a routine for over a year the same. I'd do 12 reps, 10 reps, 8, 6, 12, 12. Increasing weight, decreasing reps. I just changed it this week, so I'm at a loss as to what I'm capable at this point. I'm trying to go high reps to bring out the definition. Am I on the right track? Sure, I want to get stronger, but for the next 12 weeks, I'll sacrifice strength gains for definition.

Actually, I have the best workout partner in the world - my best friend, but she's working 12 hour days this week and we can't hook up. We are really great for each other. We're like a well-oiled machine with spots, pushing each other, moving plates around. She is to me like your friend Adrienne is to you. She's at 12% bf, 130 pounds, great muscular definition, what I strive to be. I miss her when she's not at the gym with me!!
http://members.fortunecity.com/bscdt.../Monica023.jpg
Old 01-16-2002, 04:13 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Thing is, definition is only a matter of less body fat and building muscle will help you increase your metabolism to burn more calories and hopefully more fat, if your diet is right. So you see what I'm saying? More muscle = faster metabolism = more calories burned. Maybe you are thinking more reps = more calories burned. That could be true too. I guess I'd rather just build more muscle to increase my metabolism and use that to burn fat instead of trying to do more reps to burn more calories then it almost becomes more cardio in nature and I've since learned that cardio does nothing to burn fat. Anyway, it's up to you, but that's my philosophy, build more muscle to burn more calories instead of trying to use reps to burn calories.

BPB and I are like that, we work very well together. When I see my friend Adrienne at the gym, she just inspires me. Yep, hopefully I'll be pretty close to your friend's stats my May 1st. I want to stay 140 lbs but get down to 12%. Got 5% more to go! And now that I know I can get some professional photos done for free, gives me even more motivation to get down to 12% by May 1st, those photos will be my reward! [img]graemlins/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2002, 08:29 PM
SluggzSLG should change his/her status!
Lightweight

The post above this one(from ***********) was post # 666 for the "Your Online Journal" forum. Creepy, eh?

So here goes with #667. Leanne, nice goals! KICK SOME ***! HELL YEAH!

Sluggz
Old 01-16-2002, 09:12 PM
Click Here should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

nice
The world doesnt know how I feel about you. The world doesnt know what's on my mind. I can be thinking about bombing McDonalds. Yet no one knows. Lets see what happens. Goverment is nothing, chaos is everything. Long live Punk!
Old 01-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Bantamweight

Didn't do well with eating on day 3. Didn't plan well enough, nor did I eat enough. As a result,
I got up at 2am and ate 4 ritz crackers. It's a good thing there wasn't any peanut butter
in Paul's cupboard, or I'd have had some crackers with my peanut butter! Today, I have
committed to planning my meals from now until a week from Monday…almost 2 weeks worth.
It shouldn't be a big deal to plan them, I eat almost the same thing every day, except for
dinner, I need the variety there. To face another chicken breast for dinner, I can't do it and
then when I don't, even though I've planned it, I feel terrible failure and it just sets me up
to fail again and then binge.Did do cardio - it was a struggle talking myself into it, but I set a goal of 36 cardio
sessions over the next 12 weeks and I'm going to meet that goal. I have 2 out of 36 done -
only 34 more to do. Heck, that's only 408 minutes, which equals 6.8 hours on the
elliptical trainer. GOAL - 36 cardio session, 34 to go!
Didn't lift (it was a scheduled and needed day off. My schedule says to lift today,
but I'm taking it off. I'm plain sore, still sore from chest and back. I'll go early
tomorrow am and hit the gym for both cardio and lifting, then I get it all done before
Friday night.
I'm proud of myself, I'm feeling energized and motivated and staying on track.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:43 PM
MountainGirl should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I always get into the worst trouble when I don't plan or get too lazy to make a good dinner. Don't beat yourself up about it, just make sure you're always getting some meat at night. That's my cardinal, #1 rule. (When my hubby's gone I frequently try to cheat and have just a PB&J or something, and I ALWAY pay for it later by starving and bingeing.)

Sounds like you're figuring out your problems and ironing them out pretty quickly, though. Good luck!

- MG
Old 01-17-2002, 01:11 PM
Bantamweight

Thanks MG, it's amazing what a little determination to honor a self-promise can do. I pride myself on my integrity shown towards others...I owe myself that same fulfillment!
Old 01-17-2002, 01:14 PM
MountainGirl should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Leanne:
Thanks MG, it's amazing what a little determination to honor a self-promise can do. I pride myself on my integrity shown towards others...I owe myself that same fulfillment!<hr></blockquote>

You GO girl! [img]graemlins/happyclap.gif[/img] So glad you're figuring out how to get what you want from your body. Can't WAIT to see your "after" pics!
Old 01-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Bantamweight

Lifted today, but had to force myself!! Legs/Shoulders. I hate legs. Anyway...

Machine militaries 1x12x50
1x12x60
1x12x70
supersetted with
Arnold presses 1x12x20
Arnold presses 1x6x20 (drop set)
Arnold presses 1x6x15
Arnold presses 1x12x15

Front lateral raises 1x12x10
Side lateral raises 1x12x10

Donkey calf raises 3x20x260 (should have done 300)

Hack squats 3x12x135

Some hip abducter/adducter machine
1x10x50

Abs
Crunches 2x35
Roman chairs 2x35

Dealing with the weekend is going to be tough. Weekends are my downfall with the diet, but I've worked very hard all week, been very clean with the diet and don't intend to blow it now.

Mind over matter - NO MATTER WHAT.

GOAL: 36 cardio session in 12 weeks
33 to go!
Old 01-18-2002, 08:55 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

[img]graemlins/happyclap.gif[/img] You're doing fabulous Leanne! Way to stick with it! Does seem like we are pretty close in weight/lifts, I think if you were doing less reps like I'm doing, that you'd be putting up the same weight. It would be pretty cool to workout with you since we're so close, would be pretty motivating. There are some days I just don't feel motivated enough to go to the gym and lift too but I go anyway and I'm always glad I did afterwards. If I skip out, then I just feel lazy and guilty. So way to stick it out, that's what will get you to your goal! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
Closed Thread