Leanne's Journal (comments welcome!!) - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 09:04 AM
Leanne should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Leanne\'s Journal (comments welcome!!)

Mama's Boy - you're too funny!!!! I guess it's just a good thing that you can tell by my user name that I'm not a man!!

I must make this entry to my journal - I did GREAT yesterday. There were only a couple of variations to plan. I didn't eat enough supper - instead of the chicken, I had shrimp. Boiled, mind you, and delicious, but it wasn't in the plan. But, I got all my supplements in and I doubled my lifting.
I made a turkey breast last night to have with my eggs and oatmeal in the am and it didn't turn out very well. I don't think I'm going to be able to eat it, so I'm going to have the rest of the shrimp this am with breakfast instead. That extra protein with that meal really helps me get enough in for the day.

The one thing I must do is stop looking for results like one day after I do so well. I know in my head that it's going to take day after day after day after day of doing the same thing as I did yesterday that will take me to the goal. But, with one good day under my belt, it just makes me want to see how well I can do today. I'm feeling pretty good about it actually and looking forward to the first fueling of the day!
http://members.fortunecity.com/bscdt.../Monica023.jpg
Old 01-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Bantamweight

Fail to plan - Plan to fail. Words to freaking live by. I failed to plan for a shopping trip last night, and as a result, I didn't have my post workout shake, ate too late and too much. I was starving, so at the mall, I grabbed a protein bar, which I know are a no-no, but I tried to be good. Had another one at home and some oyster crackers. I also slipped and had 1 1/2 cigarettes. As a result, I'm feeling the guilt, but today, I won't slip. I've made my grocery list, have the right foods for my first 3 meals and will eat them as planned. After that, I'll get the groceries and I believe I'll spend my afternoon preparing food for the weekend.

This plan is not forever, it's for 12 weeks. The loss of body fat will be the PRIZE. I've worked so intensely on my workouts this week, doubled up each body part (during the same workout) why would I want to screw it up with unauthorized food!!! I don't - so today I won't.

I'm back under control. I'm hoping this journal will help prevent future mistakes by identifying what causes them. Yesterday, we were in a hurry to get shopping and get home so instead of taking 5 minutes to make that shake before I went, I caused myself too much guilt by overdoing it later. Not today.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Bantamweight

Tough week - yesterday had laser surgery on my eyes and my vision is now 20/20. It's a miracle. Tomorrow I leave on a business trip to Delaware and eating out is always tough, but I tell myself you can get a chicken breast and baked potato anywhere. Just watch portion on the potato and have it plain. I can do this. Going to start taebo today. Gotta get it done. Eye still on the prize. Making my way there.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:57 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Congrats on acquiring 20/20 vision! That's great! [img]graemlins/happyclap.gif[/img] No more glasses or contacts! I remember the days of 20/20 vision, I lost it around the age of 24, darn it. Now I need to wear glasses to drive and read, it sucks. But yet they're not bad enough for laser surgery, I can still legally drive without correction. I tried contacts once but with my astigmatism and dry eyes, they were always going out of focus by turning and/or my eyes would dry out so bad I couldn't see.

So where in Delaware will you be? Just wondering, I'm right down in Dover and on Wed is speed skating practice so I'll be driving up thru Wilmington on my way to Downingtown, PA.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:15 AM
Jarhead should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Leanne,
Keep me posted on the laser surgery. I had RK back when they did it with a scalpel. Let me tell you lying wide awake while someone cut at your eyeball is no fun. Any way after a few months my eyesight started to go again and they did a touch up after that I had 20/15 vision. That didn’t last long and now I’m back to glasses. Because of the scaring on my eye I can’t were contacts and my night vision is horrid (I get real bad star bursts when looking at things like lights.)
Hope yours turns out well. I’m thinking of checking lasic to see if it can fix any of my issues.
Old 01-14-2002, 08:05 PM
Bantamweight

Jarhead - had my one week checkup today, and the day after the surgery I had 20/20 vision. It was worth every penny of $3000. It's an absolute medical miracle!!! It was a piece of cake to go through, I bet I wasn't on the table 5 minutes. Sorry to hear of your troubles with RK. Definitely look into lasik, you'll love it!
Old 01-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Bantamweight

Lift 1/14/02

Bi's -
Incline DB Curls 3 x 12 x 15
Barbell Curls 3 x 12 x 30
Barbell Curls 1 x 20 x 20 (reppin out)

Tri's -
Pushdowns 1 x 12 x 50
Pushdowns 1 x 12 x 60
Pushdowns 1 x 12 x 70 (should all have been 70)
OH Extensions 3 x 12 x 25
OH Extensions 1 x 20 x 15 (reppin out)

Abs -
Roman Chairs 4 x 35
Crunches 4 x 35
Old 01-15-2002, 01:54 AM

Cool Leanne, this should motivate us both to work hard in the gym, seeing each other's reps and poundages. At least it will me! I'm about as competitive as they come! Cool beans. [img]graemlins/bigok.gif[/img]

And it'll be interesting seeing which body parts are stronger, like, I know chest is my weakest so you'll probably have me beat there. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2002, 10:41 AM
Bantamweight

CHEST/BACK

Flat bench 1x12x65
Flat bench 1x12x85
Flat bench 1x10x85
Flat bench 1x8x95

Incline bench 1x12x65
Incline bench 1x6x65
Incline bench 1x6x55
Incline bench 1x12x55

Wide grip pull down 1x12x60
Wide grip pull down 1x12x60
Wide grip pull down 1x12x70

Cable row 1x12x65
Cable row 1x12x80
Cable row 1x12x80

Hyperextensions (supersetted with the pulldowns)
3x15 (on the roman chair)

Abs
Crunches 1x35
Twisting machine R 1x35 L 1x35
Roman chairs 1x35
Roman chairs 1x25

I think I underestimated myself!! Actually, I did bi's and tri's the day before and I could feel those tri's trying to kick in during chest and they just weren't there. I'm going to have to split those days apart. Bi/Tri on Mondays and Chest/Back on Thurs - get legs and shoulders on Tues to give my little tri's a chance to rest up. On the other hand, I know that my chest was forced to work extra hard to make up for those missing tri's cause it was just a'burnin! Back, I don't know - I'm going to push it next time. I've never been a huge fan of working back, but I took a "before" picture of myself full length back view and oh my - baby's got back. I went a little light on abs cause they were tender from the day before.

Ate great yesterday. Only thing I missed was the last meal of cottage cheese. I substituted my protein drink instead. I got up in the middle of the night and wandered looking for food but the only thing available was FFSF jello, so I had that. It was either that or hot cocoa and I didn't feel like making that, so I had the jello.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:11 PM

Yeah, Leanne, as I also posted on my journal, you did yourself a disservice by doing chest & back right after bis & tris, bad, bad idea! You always want to work the big muscle groups first. Check out my split maybe to give you another idea, I always do the big muscle groups first. My weight lifting week always starts on a Monday. I can't do a rotating schedule like a lot of people do cause of my speed skating schedule. So next week I expect to see better lifts on chest & back! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>I think I underestimated myself!!<hr></blockquote>

Yes, I think you did too. You seem to be doing just like I used to do, always doing 12 reps, sometimes failing at 12 sometimes not but never going up enough weight to do LESS than 12 reps. If it wasn't for BPB, I'd probably STILL be working out that way but he has tried to push me to do more weight even if I thought I couldn't. So Leanne, DO MORE WEIGHT GIRL! If you can do 12 reps on EVERY set, then you can probably push/pull a lot more weight in the 6-10 rep range, I think you are cutting yourself short. Push it girl! You wanna beat me don't you?! Let's make some massive gains!

Oh, and I guess you don't have a workout partner? That makes it tough to really go to failure on chest! I hate doing chest without BPB cause then it either means I don't get to push myself as hard as I can or I have to find someone to spot me on each set. I will usually just try to use the smith machine for chest if BPB isn't with me, I like using the smith machine, but I swear there is ALWAYS someone else using it! And it's always some gym moron I swear, the type who does a set then walks off and talks to his buddy for 10 min, comes back, does another set, arrrggghh! [img]graemlins/blueupset.gif[/img]

Oh and you probably shouldn't do abs again if they are still tender from a previous workout. Remember when you're in the gym you are just tearing up the muscle fibers so if you don't give them enough time to recover, then you are just tearing them up more doing them again, not doing any good.
Closed Thread