Ephedra taken off the market? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Members Only Database! > Archived Nutrition & Supplementation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 08:10 PM
. zero . should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Ephedra taken off the market?

Alright..I was just in the kitchen making a protein shake, when something on the radio got my attention. I ran into the room just as it was ending, but it was about ephedra/ephedrine and how it was linked to a bunch of things (phycotic attacks, seisures, abnormal heart rates, etc.). Now, I'm in Canada, and I'm wondering if anyone's heard if that's just a warning, or if they're taking ephedrine products off the market. Please let me know..I havn't had a chance to buy my stack yet (though I've tried ephedra pills for the past week and a half)
Old 01-09-2002, 08:28 PM
^^Yanick^^ should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Ephedra taken off the market?

as far as i know ephedra is not off the market, but there are a lot of protest groups out there trying to get it banned...
Old 01-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Middleweight

Just heard the thing again (my radio happens to be on a 24 hour talk radio..so news is every 15 mins. They said they were taking it off because it was a 'serious health risk'

Too bad the stores will be closed by the time I get there..I hope they take a bit before it's taken off the shelves..I'll go tomorrow. My friend knows the owner of the store, so I'm sure he can get a couple bottles. ****, every guy at my school gym takes the stuff at some time (some like it before they study, others take stacks, others just use it by itself) There's gonna be some POed ppl

***king protestors. [img]graemlins/11zpissed.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/11zpissed.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/11zpissed.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2002, 08:39 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

I like how they take ephedra off the market, but leave beer, cigerettes, Mc Donalds, Burger king, Kentucky fried chicken and all the other junk food stores on the market. Seems pretty ignorant to me.

The people who ban stuff like this, do it because they are out of shape and essentially jealous of those who are in shape. At least thats all I can figure.

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 01-09-2002, 08:44 PM
^^Yanick^^ should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

my theory is that some fat ******* takes like 2000mg of ephedra in hopes that it will shed all that fat without said fat-*** actually doing any work. Then when the retard dies of a heart attack people ***** that ephedra is dangerous.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Middleweight

Yanick, those were my exact thoughts. I'm betting all of the health risks went hand-in-hand with overdosage. They said there were 60 cases (I'm not sure if it's only in Canada or of it's all of north america). If that's the case, that means 60 cases, over, how many years? The stuff's been on the market forever. Besides, it already has a warning on the friggen label stating the health risks involved, but if you follow, and make sure that your body can handle it, you won't have a problem.

I'm just praying it's not an immediet ban...
Old 01-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Middleweight

Just found this...ya might wanna check it out. It seems that ephedra supplements are targeted the most. THOUGH, there isn't an actual ban, Health Canada is trying to tell all stores to take it off the shelves. Anyways, see the news clip for yourself:

http://www.canada.com/search/site/st...7-89364E34356C
Old 01-09-2002, 09:17 PM
adonis should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

its already banned in australia
WWW: My Training Journal
Old 01-09-2002, 11:48 PM
Menace should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JWilson:
I like how they take ephedra off the market, but leave beer, cigerettes, Mc Donalds, Burger king, Kentucky fried chicken and all the other junk food stores on the market. Seems pretty ignorant to me.

The people who ban stuff like this, do it because they are out of shape and essentially jealous of those who are in shape. At least thats all I can figure.
<hr></blockquote>

I totally agree with you! That's the reason why obesity is one of the many main problem here in the United States.

I guess I have to stock on thermogenics before they pull it off the market. But on the second thought, maybe not because its just a supplement and not really a drug. Do you agree?

-DR

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

There is no such thing as getting too BIG!
BACK TO BASICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...b/df8d8298.jpg
Old 01-10-2002, 12:12 AM
OhMightyBeefCake should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Its all Jealousy, Jake Its all up to you walk into the oval office and make a proposition to these fat *******s, I'll get you guys in shape so you guys can look and feel as good as what we do!
Then you will see for yourselves that supplements, and other related compounds are not as dangerous as you think when used properly!
And that taking these products off the market will actually be dangerous to your own health!
When he says How can it be dangerous to me?
Look outside fat boy!
Thats when he will see Bodybuilders and other sporting people waiting for his decision!...lol
Sound like a plan?

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JWilson:

<hr></blockquote>