What can i put on my sandwich? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Members Only Database! > Archived Nutrition & Supplementation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 10:34 AM
Frietbakker should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default What can i put on my sandwich?

Oke here goes...
Im on my first cut, but since im from the Netherlands its not uncommn for me to eat bread 3 times a day. Altough i know what some good cutting foods are, im having trouble to find what to put on my sandwiches. I know i need very few cals, the carbs come in the morning (and are preferably slow burning) and lotsa protein!

Put i only know a few which i can put on sandwiches so i made a list of what to eat and not to and some maybes. Please help me with to complement this list and clarify why i should eat that or not!

And lots of apples and pears are also good right. Banana's also but they cause a bit of a insuline spike and should be eaten only when there's no other choice??

BTW i drink loads of milk even more than water. But what about apple juice and orange juice??

Do's:
Chicken (Not that easy to get)
Tuna (Not that easy to get)
Salad's (no much protein but lots of vitamins and minerals)
Boiled Eggs

Dont's:
Peanut butter
Sweet things like chocholate pasta

Not Sure's:
Cheese (good for protein i guess, but a bit fatty)
Ham (doens't carry cals, but not much of the rest either i thought)

P.S.
I still live at home, so im kinda bound what is bought for me, although i could ask for some stuff.
Ohw i dont really do supps, just 1 protein shake per week after a w/o but only because they sell it there.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:05 AM
The Azn Oak should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: What can i put on my sandwich?

I quit wid the long answers, but here goes ......

You dont need to go low calories to lose fat,

I eat 3,000 (YES 3,000 calories when CUTTING), it's all to do with ur metabolism and how ur body handles food,

Depending on how low BF you want, will depend on what you can eat,

If you could provide me with,

- Weight, BF %, Age, Current Diet and BF% desired

I could make a more detailed answer
Old 01-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Okay here goes:
i weigh 67 kg (147.5 lbs?) am 1m83 (dont know in feet).
Im a 21 yr old male.

I dont know my exacht BF%, im guessing some 10% or 12% maybe more. Because when i do an fron abdominal pose you can see my two upper abs. What i want is that you can see well atleast the four upper abs....

And i knew you dont have to go "no cals" just not more than you burn off. And what is this with those fats. Can i eat those fats which arent stored as fats? I dont know the english term for those fats.... But there are some fats that can be used for stuff by your body. Which fats your body cant use are stored as bodyfat!
DO i hear satured fats??

Ohw and about my metabolism.... Well im a hard gainer... In gaining pounds that is... But this is my first cut so i need to experiment with my metabolism. But im guessing its not that hard for me to lose fat because i used to be skinny (and i only weigh 67kg with my 1m83 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).

I also do some light cardio direct after my w/o (like a 5 to 10 min jog). This because right after your w/o your blood sugar level is low and thus after that your body burn of the cals from your body rahter than your foods (Makes any sense? If not i could pass the URL from the article which i got it from).
Old 01-06-2002, 11:32 AM
National Champion

Fristly, at your height and weight ? Y CUT ??

But if you feel you need to, you are going to have to make minor adjustments,

I think you are mentioning unsaturated fat, right ?

Well, if you post ur diet, it'll be easier to change it and add coments then confuse you with information about fats and carbs
Old 01-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Well Oak dude, i feel the need to cut because i want to see my abs, before summer and since this is my first cut i dont know how its going to make out for me.

And as for the diet i dont really have a strict diet because diets are very hard to maintain so i just get my carbs in the morning and for the rest of the day i will eat as lean as possible. But the problem was that im not sure what food to eat during the day. I spent most of the dat at school so i cant i pasta or rice during the day only if my mom make it for dinner.....

I really apreciate your help taleb!

Anybody else like to help???
Old 01-07-2002, 01:21 PM
Light-Heavyweight

bump
Old 01-07-2002, 02:45 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Frietbakker:

And lots of apples and pears are also good right. Banana's also but they cause a bit of a insuline spike and should be eaten only when there's no other choice??<hr></blockquote>

1 apple a day, not pears. At least save the banana for post workout if you do decide to have a banana. For fruits, if you are wanting the best, most efficient way to lose fat, you can eat strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapefruit, and apples, but limit apples to one a day.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>BTW i drink loads of milk even more than water. But what about apple juice and orange juice??<hr></blockquote>

I'd cut out the apple and orange juice right away and just start cutting down on the amount of milk you drink, replacing it with water instead, for now.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Do's:
Chicken (Not that easy to get)
Tuna (Not that easy to get)
Salad's (no much protein but lots of vitamins and minerals)
Boiled Eggs

Dont's:
Peanut butter
Sweet things like chocholate pasta<hr></blockquote>

Natural peanut butter (the kind without added sugar) is okay in moderation, probably no more than a tablespoon or two a day.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Not Sure's:
Cheese (good for protein i guess, but a bit fatty)
Ham (doens't carry cals, but not much of the rest either i thought)<hr></blockquote>

Cheese is okay in moderation for now. Reason we don't eat a lot of it is becuase it has a lot of saturated fat which is the bad kind of fat. Ham is high in salt and fat but if you trim the fat and eat "fresh off the pig" type ham, not the processed kind, that should be okay.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>P.S.
I still live at home, so im kinda bound what is bought for me, although i could ask for some stuff.
Ohw i dont really do supps, just 1 protein shake per week after a w/o but only because they sell it there.<hr></blockquote>

A protein shake after your workouts is good. Just be sure to get in enough protein in all your other meals as well, if you can't, then you may need to use the protein shake more often. But try to get most of your protein from whole foods. And you might want to try looking for other alternatives if you are currently eating a lot of bread. Or at least, try to get the Stoneground Whole Wheat bread as it is better for you. Hope this helps. [img]graemlins/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Light-Heavyweight

thx, Krypto is sure helped... Altough im a bit dissapointed that others can't/won't help me.... Not that i hold i against them, because maybe i could get all the needed info out of the search. And i did look up a lot. But There is sooooo much info, i don;t know where to start, it;s just all comming at me if you know what i mean!!
Old 01-07-2002, 03:19 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a lot of information and it IS overwhelming. It takes time to learn it all. I have to admit, I'm not always in the "helping" mood but I'm glad you got the info you needed. [img]graemlins/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2002, 03:39 PM
National Champion

~sips protein shake~

let poppa clear out da mess on dis one !!! .....lol

Firstly sorry for not posting before, i dont know y, but i seemed to have missed the post,

Well, i can kinda see that your in a state of info overload, and thats ok, i agree that there is toooo much info out there and very easy to get confused,

First things first, you're gonna have to get used to having more fat in your diet,

Since you're kinda pushed for time to make meals and have them the best method could be what i do,

6 meals = 3 solid food / 3 shakes

And in your case, laid out like ...

(Meal 1 and 2 can be switched, depending on if u can eat a lot in the mornin, some can, some cant)

meal 1 = breakfast

meal 2 = protein shake

meal 3 = lunch

meal 4 = protein shake

meal 5 = dinner

meal 6 = Protein shake

The next part is to find out how your body will respond to different levels of carbs and fat

No matter how good a diet is for someone else, it might be useless for you,

I would recommend trying out how diff levels of carbs / fats affect your body,

Yanick has posted a chart of the foods you can eat on a cut, but the foods are rather limited,

The link for it is below -

Yanicks Nutritional Chart

you need Excel for it though

Dr.Pain's Male Plan was quite easy to follow, i'll bump it up for you
Closed Thread