Pre-Workout Nutrition on the move - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Obsidian is transforming Cohaagen barbell
Lightweight

Default Pre-Workout Nutrition on the move

What are some good options for pre-workout meals that I can have while driving? I have an hour commute home from work, then prepare my meal, usually past or spaghetti with some protein and a small amount of fat ( coconut or scoop of peanut butter). Looking to save some time here and start training earlier.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I like to cook oatmeal ahead of time and cool it. Mix in whatever you look for taste; i.e. raisins, cinnamon, whey, peanutbutter, nuts, etc.

Once it cools for a few hours, it sticks together really nicely and won't fall on the seat when you are trying to eat a spoonful.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 06-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Obsidian is transforming Cohaagen barbell
Lightweight

I picked up some sweet potato chips at the bulk barn last night, they're great. Have to eat a lot to get a decent number of carbs though. Very convenient.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Baked beans in a container with some green vegies from the frozen packet stuff mixed in. You know. The broccoli beans corn etc. Also add cut up chicken lean meat or sausage cooked the night before. And don't forget the spoon.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Touchstone is a miracle in progress
Stranger

Default Utilize your natural response

may not express this correctly. I'd recommend reading some of the papers in the Journal section of ABC. But, I'll give you a brief glimpse at my thinking.

Two hormones are major players in bodybuilding: cortisol (catabolic) and insulin (anabolic). Your body will natural be pushing both into your bloodstream after 30 to 40 minutes of strenuous effort.

Carb loading works for endurance athletes, but bodybuilding isn't usually an endurance activity. I'd suggest limiting carbs and fat within two hours of working out, and take in mainly protein.

I would suggest taking in carbs and protein post-workout anywhere from immediately to within 60 minutes post. A ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 (carbsrotein) seem to be ideal. The insulin your body has produced is like a shuttle bus with a speed pass through cell membranes. If you have a lot of carbs (sugars) in your blood, insulin transports them into your cells. That can replenish glycogen stores, but extra would end up being stored as fat. Wouldn't build muscle. If you have protein in your blood, insulin transports that into your cells. That would build muscle.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:29 AM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

I dont generally have preworkout carbs i prefer protein and coconut oil (mcts) but if wanted something fast... casein hydro & cluster dextrin would be my choice