From the beginning! An in depth discussion on Genesis. - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Birthright1 is The Master Blaster PUMP Master
Light-Heavyweight

Lightbulb From the beginning! An in depth discussion on Genesis.

OK so let’s talk about the beginning and how we read it. Who’s in? Genesis Chapter 1. So God created everything we all know how it goes right. Here’s what I want to discuss plus whatever anyone else has to throw in. In the next post I will break down my questions, my answers and my opinions. Till then read up and see if you see what I see. Maybe we can open each other’s eyes to the possibilities and not limitations we place on God.
It's a brain PUMP!!! Get Some!!!

Viewing the Standard King James Version (Pure Cambridge).
Genesis Chapter 1
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live
Forever.

"Either you lift it or you don't."
Jesse Dawson Marunde

Last edited by Birthright1; 02-20-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Post Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1

Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1

Obviously this one is pretty self-explanatory! But is it really? Once you look close at what is stated then you realize that God created the Heaven and the Earth and that’s it. There is no light, no water, no form and no shape. He had not placed the waters or the lights or the darkness. He made what is matter...he created matter so later in this chapter he could form it to create what we see today. This is my opinion and in depth outside of the box translation of Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1.

Here is the rest of Chapter 1 so you see the full picture before we break out the glass and feel it.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde

Last edited by Birthright1; 02-19-2014 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Post Genesis Chapter 1 verse 2

Genesis Chapter 1 verse 2
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This one is rarely talked about in my experience and mostly because it is confusing really! The earth is without form…so maybe it is matter floating around? But it is also without void…so maybe it is a ball of gaseous matter inter-connected fulfilling its no form and no void criteria. And the darkness was upon the face of the deep…which of course makes since because no light has been created. Then something happens; one of the most important things to happen in Genesis. THE SPIRIT OF GOD MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS…now what could this mean? Is this when the earth became snowball earth…possibly? Or maybe this is when God gave Earth its life force? Or when he molted the lava at our Earths core and began the cycle of existence we are in today? What do you think? I love VS2 it is a real mind bender.

As you can see by my discussions of the first two vs I do not limit God to mere creationism but I give him free reign to have been the creator of evolution or whatever it is you may believe. If science has proven facts then it must be our job to figure out when God created these facts and show that the Bible coincides with science…not fights against it. God is the creator of all things including the study of science and its concepts. If the concept exists then God made it available for us to know and therefore was its inventor. Of course this is up for debate also just like anything I say or type. Brainstorming is the key to knowledge. Come and we will learn together if you wish.

Here is the rest of Chapter 1 so you see the full picture. With discussion comments added for the chapters as we go.

Obviously this one is pretty self-explanatory! But is it really? Once you look close at what is stated then you realize that God created the Heaven and the Earth and that’s it. There is no light, no water, no form and no shape. He had not placed the waters or the lights or the darkness. He made what is matter...he created matter so later in this chapter he could form it to create what we see today. This is my opinion and in depth outside of the box translation of Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1.
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 02-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Post Genesis Chapter 1 verse 3, 4, 5 (13-18) Light

Genesis Chapter 1 verse 3, 4, 5

Let there be light. Now sounds simple enough but then he says he divided the light from the darkness. But then later he says this…

So if you read carefully he created light and divided the light from the darkness and named them day and night. But later in vs 13-18 he creates the stars, moon, sun and signs of the seasons. So we must separate the light in which God created in vs 3-5 from what we know light comes from vs 13-18. God didn’t created the sun in vs 3 he created light itself!!! Then he divided the light from the darkness. So we must conclude that light exist without any stars and our sun. We are left with a question. What is the source of this light that God created? It would seem that the light God created is in itself its own source. So henceforth light as we know it can and does exist by itself and without cause because it is cause itself. We completed an entire day without the sun, moon and stars vs 5. WOW!!! Took me a while to even attempt to understand this concept of my opinion. What do you think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the rest of Chapter 1 so you see the full picture. With discussion comments added for the chapters as we go.

2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This one is rarely talked about in my experience and mostly because it is confusing really! The earth is without form…so maybe it is matter floating around? But it is also without void…so maybe it is a ball of gaseous matter inter-connected fulfilling its no form and no void criteria. And the darkness was upon the face of the deep…which of course makes since because no light has been created. Then something happens; one of the most important things to happen in Genesis. THE SPIRIT OF GOD MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS…now what could this mean? Is this when the earth became snowball earth…possibly? Or maybe this is when God gave Earth its life force? Or when he molted the lava at our Earths core and began the cycle of existence we are in today? What do you think? I love VS2 it is a real mind bender.

As you can see by my discussions of the first two vs I do not limit God to mere creationism but I give him free reign to have been the creator of evolution or whatever it is you may believe. If science has proven facts then it must be our job to figure out when God created these facts and show that the Bible coincides with science…not fights against it. God is the creator of all things including the study of science and its concepts. If the concept exists then God made it available for us to know and therefore was its inventor. Of course this is up for debate also just like anything I say or type. Brainstorming is the key to knowledge. Come and we will learn together if you wish.

Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthright1 View Post
Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1

Here is the rest of Chapter 1 so you see the full picture before we break out the glass and feel it.

I sit and and come to know that GOD knew what he had planned for the future. He set up the plan so that the plan we see is exactly what he had in mind.The spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
Who was that spirit or was it the Holy Spirit that was established by GOD to come be our aid and teacher?
I think it was the Holy Spirit that we know today. Maybe you all have something different. I believe the big bang might be true to some what. When God spoke it there was a big bang from his voice so the big bang could be possible.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

Last edited by rickck48; 02-21-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:07 AM
Middleweight

Genesis Chapter 1 verse 2

The earth being without form, makes me think that the earth at this time could still be a thought in Gods' mind. I see this because of void. Void to me says still there is no earth as we know it now. The earth would created at the big bang people talk about. Which I will fill in later verses. Now darkness is on the face of the deep. What is the deep? Is it the depth of nothing? Could it be a place in time that is long before time started? The last thing here that I can see being of great power, is when the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The waters are spoken of, but we never see where the waters came from. I to pray over these and maybe have better answers.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:33 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Lightbulb Genesis Chapter 1 vs 1-5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickck48 View Post
I sit and come to know that GOD knew what he had planned for the future. He set up the plan so that the plan we see is exactly what he had in mind. The spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
Who was that spirit or was it the Holy Spirit that was established by GOD to come be our aid and teacher?
I think it was the Holy Spirit that we know today. Maybe you all have something different. I believe the big bang might be true to somewhat. When God spoke it there was a big bang from his voice so the big bang could be possible.
*I like the way you’re thinking outside the box. That’s what I want the point of this to be. Not to go into it with a closed opinion but an open mind and just look at what it says in its entirety. It is enlightening to me just to ponder upon these things.*

Quote:

As you can see by my discussions of the first two vs. I do not limit God to mere creationism but I give him free reign to have been the creator of evolution or whatever it is you may believe. If science has proven facts then it must be our job to figure out when God created these facts and show that the Bible coincides with science…not fights against it. God is the creator of all things including the study of science and its concepts. If the concept exists then God made it available for us to know and therefore was its inventor. Of course this is up for debate also just like anything I say or type. Brainstorming is the key to knowledge. Come and we will learn together if you wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickck48 View Post
The earth being without form makes me think that the earth at this time could still be a thought in Gods' mind. I see this because of void. Void to me says still there is no earth as we know it now. The earth was created at the big bang people talk about. Which I will fill in more on later verses. Now darkness is on the face of the deep. What is the deep? Is it the depth of nothing? Could it be a place in time that is long before time started? The last thing here that I can see being of great power, is when the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The waters are spoken of, but we never see where the waters came from. I to pray over these and maybe have better answers.
*I don’t know what the deep is. I always just think of a black hole or something. And yes the waters that God refers to come from know where. I assume they are created in vs. 1 because we go straight to water in vs. 6. As far as the spirit of God moving over the waters I will have to seek more knowledge for a better answer as well.*

3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Quote:
Let there be light. Now sounds simple enough but then he says he divided the light from the darkness. But then later he says this…

13. And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14. And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15. And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18. And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

So if you read carefully he created light and divided the light from the darkness and named them day and night. But later in vs. 13-18 he creates the stars, moon, sun and signs of the seasons. So we must separate the light in which God created in vs. 3-5 from what we know light comes from vs. 13-18. God didn’t create the sun in vs. 3 he created light itself!!! Then he divided the light from the darkness. So we must conclude that light exist without any stars and our sun. We are left with a question. What is the source of this light that God created? It would seem that the light God created is in itself its own source. So henceforth light as we know it can and does exist by itself and without cause because it is cause itself. We completed an entire day without the sun, moon and stars vs. 5. WOW!!! Took me a while to even attempt to understand this concept of my opinion. What do you think?
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 02-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Middleweight

Quote:

*I like the way you’re thinking outside the box. That’s what I want the point of this to be. Not to go into it with a closed opinion but an open mind and just look at what it says in its entirety. It is enlightening to me just to ponder upon these things.*

*I don’t know what the deep is. I always just think of a black hole or something. And yes the waters that God refers to come from know where. I assume they are created in vs. 1 because we go straight to water in vs. 6. As far as the spirit of God moving over the waters I will have to seek more knowledge for a better answer as well.*

4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Here I have to really think about a power great enough to show light of the day and to divide darkness. Who is light? Is God not a shiny light brighter than any darkness. He said he divided darkness from the light, what or who is darkness? Could this darkness be satan after he has been thrown out of Heaven? Think about it, we do not know the exact time satan was cast down out of Heaven. It had to be before Genesis, because he (satan) was trying to destroy man with Eve as what he did to man.

My eyes behold here that God saw the light was good and the darkness was evil. Here again I think outside the box by thinking that God was trying to divide satan from his children. This thinking makes think I would need to know when satan was cast down to fully answer this verse.

Here I hear the first day as stated by God himself. I am one to believe that God does not use time. Only we as his creation use time to any thing of knowledge.
This seems to be the first day that true light ever shined on in strength. This the beginning of B.C.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:25 AM
Middleweight

The firmament as stated in Merriam Webster Dictionary is an arch, this arch I would think would be the sky and curvature of the stars. {JEREMIAH 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.} Here I see the prophet Jeremiah was taught to remind us og how God made this place earth. The Hebrew explanation: {firmament: Heb. expansion}

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:47 PM
Middleweight

Here I see a division of the waters in what I first thought was the Heavens. Now I must look at the firmament: the heavens or the arch. What are the waters that I need to know so I can have that really good understanding. I know there was water on earth because the face of the deep could be that water.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

Tags
bible, creation, evolution, genesis, god