No pain, but tendon "pops" back and forth under elbow. - Page 5 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Injury Analysis

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Streetman should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Any new updates? I saw two chiropractors with no help. I'm not willing to go under the knife for 50/50 results.

As for the weight lifting, I switched to kettle bells for a short time for a more full body workout. Good results, but miss out on some stuff, and still did a few exercises that made it pop. Now, I'm just switching to cycling to get lean, and to hell with getting big.

I'd still like to figure it out though.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Builder15 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Unfortunately if it truly is an ulnar nerve instability really surgery is the only option. These do not typically do well with conservative treatment as it is due to either a laxity of the supporting structures or could even be due to a prominent medial head of the triceps subluxing and therefore causing the ulnar nerve to sublux as well, but you would generally feel 2 clicks or pops instead of one.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM
shaycorl should change his/her status!
Stranger

That could be a minor muscle pull up too. just try some basic and home treatment like Ice, Mild Exercise and Rest. Best way is to get in touch with your Dr. Any way don't take it easy it could be some thing serious too.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:37 AM
nomo1956 is Light heavy weight
Stranger

Streetman...
I threw the Javelin in college and the same thing happened to me when I threw. Only...it was very painful. I reached a point where I could not throw a ball across the street for about a year. The tendon is probably stretched. It is supposed to ride in the grove in your elbow. I'd suggest resting it as much as possible.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Streetman should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

UPDATE, 2013

It still happens. I quit working out. I haven't done diddly squat for a year. I just forgot about it since I'm not working out. I'll talk to my doctor when I see him next, in about a month.

I guess the only reason I updated this is to say that rest isn't the answer, because I got PLENTY of that.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:35 PM
JeremyBrown should change his/her status!
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetman View Post
I'll describe this the best I can, as I don't know what to call this tendon. It's right about where most people say thier "funny bone" is.

While doing a normal curling motion, the tendon that runs under the inside of my elbow joint "pops" from under the joint to the inside then back underneith. That is, half way through the concentric mortion of a curl, the tendon that is normally underneith towards the inside of my elbow will get hung up for a second on the inside "corner" of my elbow, then pop around to the inside. Of course, on the way down, it pops back.

It's been going on for some time now. No pain, but it distracts me like crazy as I think "that can't be good". It happens not only in curls, but bench, overhead press, etc. Any time I bend it, pop-pop, back and forth.

Diet is good; suppliment with flax when I don't eat fish. The right elbow doesn't do it, so I doubt it's diet. It just feels like it pops out of "track" and then back. I can put my hand underneith my elbow and feel it moving back and forth, popping from under the joint to the inside and back. If I push up on it at this time, and make it "pop" you can see it pop over the bone, shake the skin in that spot, and make everyone sick.

Should it concern me? Any idea what it is? What type of doctor would I even go see to get checked out?
I have the same thing going on with my right elbow. The tendon pops back and forth just like you mentioned. I have found that warming up really good has helped a lot. Most of the the time it only happens with bench pressing, overhead extentions, skull crushers, and press downs. I have read alot about other people having the same situation. You could try using an E-Z bar, I did and it made a big difference for me. The easy bar allows your hands to be at a more natural position, in return putting less stress on your wrist and elbows. Try making some adjustments and see how it goes. Hope this helps