Bikini/Fitness competitions - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 AM
mELlie is passion for knowledge and fitness
Stranger

Red face Bikini/Fitness competitions

I've only spoken to 2 (male) body builders who were in competitions themselves who have explained to me they've taken a little "enhancement" to help them get bigger and more defined. But ok, that's kind of expected in male competitions I'm curious about female competitions.
I don't know any female body builders who've competed. I want to know if females also take a little. Those guys told me of course those women do, but I don't want to believe that. Nothing against steroids, I just think its a little like cheating and can be done without the stuff. But then again I also WANT to go into competition myself but I want all the facts.
Does anyone in here know the answer ?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

There is a definite distinction between natural and non-natural shows. Natural shows are advertised as such and drug tested (polygraph and urinalysis).

That said, I would imagine steroid use is much more common among male bodybuilders vs female even at a non-natural show. Steroid use by woman eventually results in a grotesque physique and facial features.

Females and males alike can achieve very respectful and aesthetic physiques without using.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
There is a definite distinction between natural and non-natural shows. Natural shows are advertised as such and drug tested (polygraph and urinalysis).

That said, I would imagine steroid use is much more common among male bodybuilders vs female even at a non-natural show. Steroid use by woman eventually results in a grotesque physique and facial features.

Females and males alike can achieve very respectful and aesthetic physiques without using.
very true !

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:07 AM.