so clean foods is just hype for nothing? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM
weightbanger should change his/her status!
Stranger

@arian, you are absolutely right. I always go full strict and never last. I yo yo so much. Have been the last couple of years.
Commander, thanks for putting things in perspective for me. You couldn't be more right, I will show this to the wife lol.

Thanks guys for your help, and great knowledge.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightbanger View Post
Commander, thanks for putting things in perspective for me. You couldn't be more right, I will show this to the wife lol.

No problem, sorry if I came on strong, but I am passionate about eating healthy AND cheaply (I also live the lifestyle, I am on a strict budget).

I believe a healthy lifestyle is in reach of everyone, no matter their finances.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
@arian, you are absolutely right. I always go full strict and never last. I yo yo so much. Have been the last couple of years.

Slow and steady is the way to go. I have seen changes in my cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. from making even the smallest of changes.

Definitely show it to your wife.

And I would recommend taking an average eating day for yourself and tracking your food. At worst, you should just list all the foods you ate. Preferably though, the amount you ate of each food would be good too. Then you can put it into a site like My Fitness Pal or post it here for us to see. Then we can give you ideas on what easy changes you can make for the better.

Good luck!

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

I eat a lot of beans and veggies such as: Tomatoes, Greens, and Peppers. Sometimes on a splurge day I take in some squash, and okra. My wife is a great cook so she uses mostly Canola Oil or Peanut Oil. You guys are very up lifting in the nutrition area. Keep it up.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:01 PM
ruelisla should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Low Calorie and Low Carb diet

Quote:
So I am getting confused. I have people telling me to eat clean to lose weight, and I have others who say just count your calories. Which is it? What am I missing here? Mods? What do I need to do to really shed some weight off.
Thanks
Definition of Low Carb and low Calorie diet.

I think this is the one you have been confused.

Low Carbohydrates diet- this application is where you lessen your carb intake so you will lose weight by taking less amount of energy that you take from carbohydrates.

Low Calorie diet - this application is use where you take slow amount of calories. because theres a food that you will take in small amount but high in calories. If you buy your food in groceries, you can check the calories of the food you buy by checking the nutritional facts.

You can choose from the 2 which you prefer or more applicable to you.
Check the video by clicking here ===> http://tinyurl.com/kromgsv