fat loss vs weight loss whats the diff? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
mELlie is passion for knowledge and fitness
Stranger

Default fat loss vs weight loss whats the diff?

so from my understanding muscle burns fat, and women can't bulk up, so my question is what's the best type of regimen for me to burn fat and not muscle? is it more weight bearing exercise or aerobic exercise? I kno it's good to do both but which is more effective at fat loss and not just weight loss. It sounds simple enough, but I find that the more I work out the hungier I get and I am aware that you should eat fewer calories than what you use in order to lose weight, but then I guess that would make my issue a diet/food plan issue than an exercise issue.
More or less some kind of direction.. Thank you much.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

By far, if you had to pick only 1 thing to do, it would be weight training.

Weight training will help build and maintain lean mass which helps keep your metabolism high and burning fat.

That said, there is nothing wrong with some supplemental aerobic exercise. However, studies show, that it is most beneficial to either go high intensity (sprints) or low intensity (walking). Long duration moderate intensity cardio is a recipe for being catabolic and raising stress hormones.

A sensible plan would be to first make sure your diet is in order, then make sure you are weight training 3 to 4 days per week. Then supplement that with a few walks and 1 or 2 high intensity cardio sessions (can be a little as 5 to 10 minutes of short duration sprints followed by rest).

Regarding the hunger you experience, make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Thirst can sometimes manifest itself as hunger, so make sure you are hydrated to fuel those workouts and stave off hunger.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Jorgan VonStrangle is getting ready for something big
Super Moderator

Theres a real good concurrent training (weights simultaneously with cardio) meta-analysis by Jake but it is too large a file to attach. Here is the link

http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Fu...mining.35.aspx
University of Tampa. Tampa, FL
Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

the fact has been quoted here about why females can't burn fat as being low in muscle is quite informative and suggests the real reason behind remaining lean

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:11 AM.