Coconut Oil - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
TheWahlgrens should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Coconut Oil

I've been reading on this oil a little. It seems to contradict common knowledge concerning saturated fats and their uses. I was wondering if anyone has experimented with the oil as an energy booster, and/or weight loss aid?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I wouldn't use it as an energy booster and/or weight loss aid, but that is only because I don't quite view foods that way.

Regarding weight loss:
I always eat healthy and in terms of fat loss or muscle gain, I simply vary the quantities of my starchy carbs.

Regarding energy boosting:
If you are eating healthy, working out and sleeping well, your energy levels should be pretty stable. Trying drinking more water to make sure everything (metabolism and digestion) is running smoothly and you will have sufficient energy.

That said, coconut oil is good for you and you can make it a part of a healthy diet. It can be a great oil to pop popcorn with for a healthier snack (than say potato chips). Or you can use if for other cooking purposes.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

My wife pretty much uses coconut oil exclusively when cooking rather than any other type of oil. Flavor is great, but I haven't noticed it ever giving me an energy boost nor would I credit it with much of any weight loss I've had since she started using it.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 06-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

i was well aware with multiple benefits of coconut but never considered it to be included into mu diet.. but now I'll for sure..

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

The clinical studies are saying that with a control taking none, a group taking other oil (I believe it was canola), and a group taking coconut oil, there was actual fat loss at the waist, and actual weight loss. Also anti-fungal and other such benefits. Saturated fats aren't what the governmental food organizations have said they were, though I haven't had enough time to go through all the research as yet. The medium chain nature of these saturated fats if nothing else is an important chemical component of it's health attributes compared to say, meat.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 08-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Leonard should change his/her status!
Stranger

Well,
Coconut oil is the best source for get energy and good health.According to me that Coconut oil is made up of around 90% saturated fat, 6% monounsaturated fat, and 2% polyunsaturated fat.It is the best source for stomach health....
USA, 60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

Last edited by Leonard; 02-01-2014 at 09:37 AM.