Diet Help... - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 AM
rickerred is sitting on the couch
Stranger

If your mom is not cooking to your nutritional requirements, simply make your own meals. At college eat salads lean meat, high fiber low cal food. Never skip a meal it leads to over eating and snacking on crap food.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Alan2212 should change his/her status!
Stranger

If you have a few lbs to lose, that means its a chance to start missing morning meal. Also, when you do eat, as stated earlier, opt for the meals that are higher in large and reduced in calorie consumption such as fruits and vegetables and veggies first. Adhere to more lean foods most of enough time if you can.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 AM
edwardmlafav is a Beginner
Stranger

Interesting discussion. Just to clear things up, is it OK to eat Pasta and Rice at the same time for your diet? Or can I just pick one of them? Sorry I'm a bit confused.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmlafav View Post
Interesting discussion. Just to clear things up, is it OK to eat Pasta and Rice at the same time for your diet? Or can I just pick one of them? Sorry I'm a bit confused.
The short answer, yes, you can eat both.

The longer answer, carbohydrates are better for you the closer they are to their natural form. The more processed/refined a carbohydrate is the worse it is for you. You lose fiber, micro-nutrients, and it impacts blood sugar differently. So, in terms of starchy carbohydrates, you would want to lean towards having rice more often, and only have pasta on rare occasions or make sure when you do have it you really watch your portions.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM
edwardmlafav is a Beginner
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
The short answer, yes, you can eat both.

The longer answer, carbohydrates are better for you the closer they are to their natural form. The more processed/refined a carbohydrate is the worse it is for you. You lose fiber, micro-nutrients, and it impacts blood sugar differently. So, in terms of starchy carbohydrates, you would want to lean towards having rice more often, and only have pasta on rare occasions or make sure when you do have it you really watch your portions.
Really? Wow, that's quite a surprise, I didn't know that till now. Thanks a lot for the info, sir!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmlafav View Post
Really? Wow, that's quite a surprise, I didn't know that till now. Thanks a lot for the info, sir!
No problem!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 PM
BFR Warrior is ready for huge changes in 2013!

Hey Matt. I feel your pain. Im in College still too. Every Sunday I cook my chicken and ground beef for the week. I usually bring that to the lab with me for the week and cook that with the microwavable brown rice. I literally live off of chicken, beef, brown rice, BCAAs, and greek yogurt....and I LOVE IT!! Keep grinding man
Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

just alter your lifestyle as per the health boost you are eager to have . . it ranges from diet plan to regular work out for a fix amount of time regularly

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:18 AM
DCGonzalez should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hi,

Water is very important, but make it ice cold water. This will lower your body temperature and your metabolism will have to kick in to raise it back to normal.This is one "trick" I used to lose over 40 pounds, and this is also how I keep the weight off.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:07 AM
usplabs should change his/her status!
Stranger

Your main emphasis should be on burning more calories than what you take. You must have a nutritional diet and follow a routine workout plan. You can choose food stuffs according to their calories, but make sure that they have a high nutrition values. Protein is a very good source of energy. You should take one gram of protein per lb. It not only provides you with energy, but make you feel fuller so that you eat less. It also helps in muscle recovery and building muscles as well.