NJI back in the Iron Jungle! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 06:59 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

Default NJI back in the Iron Jungle!

I've had a couple years marred by injury and surgery. Anyways I'm back at it now!

2010: TFCC tear, surgery, & physical therapy for half a year. I couldn't lift for over a year because of wrist pain.

2011: Bulked up to 190#'s

2012: Snowboarding accident. Grade 4 SLAP tear, right shoulder. I had SLAP repair surgery and bicep tenodesis. I dropped from 190# to 160# in 2.5 months. I did 8 months of physical therapy and have now been in the gym for three months.

Right now I don't have any pain and my range of motion is almost all the way back! I can't do squats yet because it hurts my shoulder to hold the bar on my back.

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

LEGS - I've been basing my leg workouts partially on a workout I saw Kai Greene do. Everything is to almost 20 reps and you destroy you leg from all angles before doing compound movements.

aductor machine - 5 sets 20 reps
-superset abductor machine - 5 sets 20 reps
-superset leg extensions - 5 sets 20 reps

hack squat - 5 sets 20-25 reps
-superset SLDL - 5 sets 20 reps

leg press 690x8, 600x6, 400x8, 100x12
-superset walking lunges 50 yards

above leg press + strips 3 sets.

occluded calf raises
3 sets x 20 reps then take wraps off

occluded calf raises
3 sets x 20 reps then take wraps off

occluded tip toe farmers walk with 45# plates
occluded calf raises
3 sets x 20 reps
occluded tip toe farmers walk with 45# plates

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 03-23-2013, 11:50 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

PUSH

warmup
12 minutes on exercise bike
low incline presses, light slow controlled high reps 25# x 20 reps, 3 sets total

low incline flys 50# x 12,12
-superset low incline presses 50# x 12 reps

low incline flys 60# x 8-12
-superset low incline presses 60# x whatever # takes it up to 20 total reps
-superset btb 10# plate flys x 7 reps
-superset 10# plate laterals x 7 reps
-superset 10# plate front raises x 7 reps
-superset reverse curls with straight bar x 20 reps
-superset wide grip pullups slow/controlled 8-12

I'm not sure how many sets of the above protocol I did. Somewhere between 5 and 9. Once I get in the zone I just keep going.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:41 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

PULL / LIGHT CARDIO - morning

stairmaster 30 minutes on 10, full sweats/hoody zipped

wide pullups with slow negatives 8-12x
-superset 10# plate laterals 7,7,7 behind back, normal, front raises
-superset closegrip seated cable rows 8-12x, hold rep @ full pull

8 sets of the above protocol

lying ab/lat throws (?) - lay down like you're going to do a situp and hold a 25# weight in above your head. throw the weight as hard as you can without letting go and stand up then press it over your head and then sit back down.

3 sets of 10 reps of above ab/lat work.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Welcome back, great job persevering through all the set backs.

When is the picture from? If it's recent that really shows your dedication but also how muscle memory works.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 PM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Welcome back, great job persevering through all the set backs.

When is the picture from? If it's recent that really shows your dedication but also how muscle memory works.
Those pics are from 2012 in between my surgeries. I dropped from 190 to 160 after 2012's surgery. Right now I'm sitting at 170# and been training for about 2 months. I'm hoping to get back up to 180 in a month or so. Muscle memory is definitely awesome! Here is me currently:

Last edited by NJI; 03-25-2013 at 09:41 PM.