Lower back injury - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Injury Analysis

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Default Lower back injury

So about 3 years ago I injured my lower back during a bad deadlift where I used too much back, to put it simply. I heart a loud sickening crack like you broke a dry femur without any soft tissue around it. I dropped and it took 2 hours to sit up, another hour to stand. This was a serious injury for quite a while. A couple times after that I minorly re-injured it when my back was fatigued and I bent at the waist just a bit too much. The doctor said it was a soft tissue injury, while at the time I thought it was a slipped disk that came with soft tissue disruption. Its been 2 years since I've had a problem with it, but last night after a bit of back work I was just around the house and bent over at the waist and it just dropped me, and its pretty bad. Severe difficulty walking most of the time, cannot bend.

Basically it is located over my left back dimple with a bit of spread, it is severely acute. It feels like the pain of a spine injury but isnt on the spine. I suppose it could be some kind of nerve issue around one of the transverse processes, but I'm not sure. When I walk around I hold a hand with good pressure on that spot and it seems to stop the 'slack' in that area from causing immense pain. In time it will stop hurting, but it will stay extra weak for quite a while afterwards, and indeed since the injury my lower back has felt much weaker.

I am going to a PT soon, but would like peoples input, or questions to help probe out the nature of this injury.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 11-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Link is eating his greens
Light-Heavyweight

Go back to the Doc, request xrays or mri be done. MRI if the doc is certain is soft tissue injury, but Id ask for xray as you will be able to see if theres any kind of hernia or slipped disc
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
ecko31s is officially in full beast mode again
Bantamweight

Yeah go back to the Doc and request x-rays like Link suggested. I injured my lower back from doing deads and bent-over barbell rows. I finally went to a chiropractor and found out it was a slipped disc and it also caused me to have sciatica which is no fun at all. The first time i injured my back was during deads and the second time was during bent-over rows. Both times it fell the exact same. Anyway the Doc realigned everything through spinal manipulation, basically twisting me up like a pretzel. I was afraid to go at first because I thought I needed surgery, and I've heard of alot of things can go wrong or make the pain even worse. Going to the chiropractor was the best thing I could have done because it got rid of that nagging back pain that I had for three years. I make sure I keep my back straight with a small arch when exercising now.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 AM
George123 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Lower back injury due to sudden trauma or any way this thing gives more depression for the patient so magnetic rays or therapy which is much better for such hidden pains by all means.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Squat. With perfect form in front of a mirror. Start with an empty bar then after 4 weeks start to add weight slowly.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:11 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

I have a lower back injury that was because of my jumping in the Army. I was with 82nd AB and then the 1/75th Rangers @ Ft. Stewart, Ga. I had a 163 jumps and now my back is trying to fall apart. I was out for the last 5 years because of all the pain. I have the Dr.s at the VA Hospital tell me I will soon lose my walking ability. Guys I have worked out to long and I am doing a lot of walking and stretching when I am able. I am almost ready to try a dumbbell for light workout positions. Well here is my injury but, I haven't quit either.
I rode my Stationary Bike this morning while empty of food. I now am working at 5 mins @ 12 to 15 MPH. I have gathered some belly fat but I will burn this first if possible.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:37 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

going through multiple ways of workout it is quite often that physique get a stress and tense abnormally .. so at first it must to follow the proper conventions of gesturing and posturing and second once you get hurt after all the precautions, you are better to consult with the physician

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Thanks Jemma. I do consult with my doctors at VA Hospital in Birmingham, Al. I have set what I think now is a good slow strength producer. I shall see, but everytime I feel the least bit of pain or stress I immediately stop.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!